KY KY - Joe Merral "Joey" Puckett, 15, Paducah, 1 May 1985

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7826
Joe Merral Puckett
Nickname/Alias: Joey

Male, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 3" - 5' 5" (63 - 65 Inches)
Weight 110 - 120 lbs

Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description light brown, Short, thick
Facial Hair Description mustache
Eye Color Green

Scar/mark
scars on wrists and arms

Tattoo
Mom" and a set of cherries on shoulder.
Thriller on buttocks
heart with arrow on right hand.

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact May 1, 1985
NamUs Case Created August 3, 2010
Last Known Location Map
Location Paducah, Kentucky
McCracken County

Circumstances of Disappearance
He walked into the BFW on Washington St. where his mom worked, borrowed $20 from her. They got into a verbal argument, he came back 20 minutes later, bringing $10 back, and hasn't been seen since.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

According to his page on the Charley Project, "Joe has scars on his arms and wrists from self-inflicted cuts. He has multiple tattoos, all homemade in greenish ink, including the word "Mom" and cherries on his shoulder, the word "Thriller" on his buttocks, and a heart with an arrow through it on his right hand. He had a mustache at the time of his disappearance." (BBM)

The cutting and homemade tattoos, which I'm sure hurt more than professional ones, make it sound like he was into inflicting pain on himself, suggesting emotional disturbance or instability.

What was the average price for a bus ticket in the 1980s? I find it interesting that he borrowed $20 from his mom, had the argument which made him leave, then returned with only half the money. In the fit of anger and possibly other emotional issues, could he have bought a one-way ticket out of town, and then returned to give his mom the change, his own way of saying "I don't want any more from you"?

I found a “Joie Puckett” in the 1984 North Bullitt High School yearbook. It looks like him but I can’t be certain. I wonder if that’s a typo or his nickname could be spelt that way?

I found a “Joie Puckett” in the 1984 North Bullitt High School yearbook. It looks like him but I can’t be certain. I wonder if that’s a typo or his nickname could be spelt that way?

I have been trying to find this yearbook you are talking about but I cannot find it. You don’t happen to have the picture do you

Hi, I don't think it's the same person. Joie Puckett is also in the 1986 North Bullitt yearbook, which came out after Joey disappeared.

Hi, I don't think it's the same person. Joie Puckett is also in the 1986 North Bullitt yearbook, which came out after Joey disappeared.
Thank you! I don’t think I even checked other yearbooks for that name. :oops:

Hope this helps @Alysonbrooke!

Thanks for the info! I’m curious what your source is?
I have been speaking with his sister who would like to find answers. DNA is on file with the Kentucky State Police. A missing person case on Joey was not opened until about 2 years ago. His parents were divorced Joey lived in Paducah KY and his sister lived in Knoxville TN. Joey would hitchhike to and from those areas. His sister has put me in touch with his cousin to whom he was close. I will be speaking to her soon to gather more information. I have shared this thread with Joey's sister. I did look through the KY and TN unidentified but didn't see a match, however I don't have a lot of experience in comparing. Could definitely use some help in that department.

I have been speaking with his sister who would like to find answers. DNA is on file with the Kentucky State Police. A missing person case on Joey was not opened until about 2 years ago. His parents were divorced Joey lived in Paducah KY and his sister lived in Knoxville TN. Joey would hitchhike to and from those areas. His sister has put me in touch with his cousin to whom he was close. I will be speaking to her soon to gather more information. I have shared this thread with Joey's sister. I did look through the KY and TN unidentified but didn't see a match, however I don't have a lot of experience in comparing. Could definitely use some help in that department.
Thanks so much! I hope is family can find answers. I’ll keep an eye out for Joey in both KY and TN.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back