***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, but I wasn’t there and while it certainly seems like he had something to do with it, I won’t say with certainty one way or another. That’s why I said “if he did, he had this coming”. I just can’t be the one to decide that.

No, but the jury did have that right and heard all of the evidence and decided without a doubt he did. Those of us who have been here since the beginning know he did. He planned and had his dear, beautiful, talented wife executed. And the worst part, he doesn’t feel any remorse for it. He doesn’t feel any remorse for taking his children’s mother.

His facial expressions and actions are all over the place, but I didn't see his trembling chin today. He showed more fear with the initial guilty verdict the other day. Did he want this verdict for some reason?

My prayers go out to the daughters, and Teresa's long suffering family. I saw Teresa in her mother's face today, as though she were in that courtroom too. Teresa would want her loved ones to start healing and find peace now.
I noticed that, too. I think he thought he was going to get away with it during the guilt phase. The “going home” comments and constant smug mug, laughing, looking like an attorney...I saw a humbling last week when the verdict was read, that continued to today. Both sentences are bad. It’s like 6 of one, half dozen of the other, IMO.

No, but the jury did have that right and heard all of the evidence and decided without a doubt he did. Those of us who have been here since the beginning know he did. He planned and had his dear, beautiful, talented wife executed. And the worst part, he doesn’t feel any remorse for it. He doesn’t feel any remorse for taking his children’s mother.

I understand. I’m glad the burden didn’t land on my shoulders. I just watched AL’s interview from this evening and it’s humbling to watch. She says that while there’s a sense of relief, it’s hollow. She says that at the end of the day it’s a terrible thing for their family and Mark’s family and she feels incredible compassion for them.
That ^ is what I’m referring to in all this. Doesn’t feel like there’s much to celebrate when it’s such a horrible situation for everyone involved. Not referring to him directly, but his family.

Did anyone else find it strange that the defense attorney was admitting pictures of their wedding day and murder house with MS’s mother on the stand?

I think the defense got it ALL wrong today, but they didn’t have much to work with. The closing argument, the character witnesses... it was all just cringeworthy to me. Reinforcing what an amazing father he is, when he was just convicted of having their mother killed, seemed counterproductive.

I knew I would miss it, one of my pups had a vet appointment. But I left the tv on with Court TV and saw that they recommended death when I walked in the door. I'm not a DP proponent, for many reasons. That said, I think this was a really outstanding, diligent jury and I respect them and their understandable decision. Any way you slice it, he will never walk free and I'm happy for that. The guy really creeps me out. My prayers are with Teresa's family and children, and also with his family. It's terrible to face such an awful truth about a loved one. moo

I think the defense got it ALL wrong today, but they didn’t have much to work with. The closing argument, the character witnesses... it was all just cringeworthy to me. Reinforcing what an amazing father he is, when he was just convicted of having their mother killed, seemed counterproductive.

Vinnie politan said that they should have had a psychologist up there who would have stated for the defense that it would be very harmful for the children and detrimental if their father got the death penalty.

That was his opinion as an ex prosecutor.

Jury Recommends Death for Mark Sievers in Murder of Wife Dr. Teresa Sievers
by Alberto Luperon | 6:35 pm, December 10th, 2019
Mark-Sievers-via-LawCrime-Network-2.jpg

A jury in Lee County, Florida recommended death on Tuesday for defendant Mark Sievers, 51.

The jury deliberated for just under 3 hours and found that the murder was cold, calculated and premeditated. It’s the first time in 12 years a Lee County jury has recommended the death penalty.
tmar,

Jury recommends death penalty for Mark Sievers after plotting wife's brutal killing
Investigators believe Mark Sievers hired two men to kill his wife, Teresa.

Tuesday, December 10th 2019, 6:13 PM EST by Vanessa Bein

LEE COUNTY, Fla. - A jury has recommended the death penalty for Mark Sievers after he was found guilty of first-degree murder in his wife's brutal killing.

Investigators believe Mark Sievers hired two men to kill his wife, Teresa.

Teresa was a holistic doctor. Teresa and Mark have two daughters.
The two men Mark hired to kill Teresa were also arrested. Curtis Wright, Mark's best friend, took a plea deal in the case. Part of the deal required him to testify in Mark's trial, as well as the other hired hitman's trial, Jimmy Rodgers.

Rodgers was found guilty of second-degree murder. His sentencing is scheduled for this Thursday, Dec. 12.
tmar,

I carry someplace within my memory banks the horrific photos of what Jodi Arias did to Travis Alexander. She premeditated it down to the gas cans needed. Travis thought he got her out of his life. I remember how she tried to slander his name at trial. I don't know how she is not on Death Row. See, the DP is very inconsistent, in my opinion.

Mark Sievers set a horrible death for Teresa in motion. Anyone who sees the bloody scene, the pics of the head wounds she suffered, knows how Teresa Sievers died under all those hammer blows. If Mark is put to death eventually, it will be in a much more humane way than the horrible way Teresa had to endure before losing her life. Maybe if he thought he'd die by hammer blows he'd take this all more seriously.

I do want to thank the Jury for taking this seriously.

Last edited:
Before one of the breaks today, the Judge asked something of the defense about them submitting a letter. Of course, I was taking a nap when court reconvened, so I don't know if that was addressed at any point. Anybody else remember talk of a letter to be introduced?

MOO

It's hard for me to respect the DP sentence when it takes so long to carry it out in some states. I see in the link that one man spent 45 yrs. on Death Row and died not by execution.

Mark probably has twenty years of watching his 13" tv before he has to worry. He'll be served three meals a day plus commissary goodies, and have a daily shower. There are homeless people, some ill or elderly, who never hurt anyone in their life, forced to live like animals, so I can't feel sorry for Mark.

Court TV is discussing how random the legal system can be and that you never know. Some feel the DP is flawed. Not consistent. I have mixed feelings. I do think it isn't really effective in stopping future crimes if there's no execution for twenty plus years. It's a great plea deal tool though.
I agree. I don't think it is a deterrent.

DP defense lawyer Messori in his closing argument today addressing the jurors:

..'I am certainly not here to question your verdict..' '..I just want to make sure, we all need to make sure, that you get it.'

THEY GOT IT, MR MESSORI, THEY GOT IT..

ALL IMO

-Nin

Cringeworthy is right. If they wanted any hope at all they should have had more witnesses like his step-sister Connie. She was the only one whose emotion was appropriate and really touching/believable.

Thank you.

-Nin

Jury Recommends Death for Mark Sievers in Murder of Wife Dr. Teresa Sievers
by Alberto Luperon | 6:35 pm, December 10th, 2019
Mark-Sievers-via-LawCrime-Network-2.jpg

A jury in Lee County, Florida recommended death on Tuesday for defendant Mark Sievers, 51.

The jury deliberated for just under 3 hours and found that the murder was cold, calculated and premeditated. It’s the first time in 12 years a Lee County jury has recommended the death penalty.
tmar,

12 years. WOW. He is deserving. But wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288