***GUILTY*** Mark Sievers - 1st Degree Murder & Conspiracy

Just had a thought about the vanity of the murderer. So often in trials, we see the defendant made over to mimic or try to resemble a benign, studious, harmless or otherwise innocent person. I assume he shaved his face to try and distance himself visually from CWW, but the most effective way he could have done that would have been to let his friar tuck hair pattern grow out., but noooo. His vanity couldn't handle that.

Last edited:
Wow. This was the saddest day of testimony that I watched and listened to-- my hope is that the jury makes the decision that will be best for his daughters. I understand the anger behind wanting to have him killed, but I hope that they won't do that if it will cause more pain and grief for his daughters and his family too. They have all been through too much already.

Jury recommends death penalty for Mark Sievers after plotting wife's brutal killing
Investigators believe Mark Sievers hired two men to kill his wife, Teresa.

Tuesday, December 10th 2019, 6:13 PM EST by Vanessa Bein

LEE COUNTY, Fla. - A jury has recommended the death penalty for Mark Sievers after he was found guilty of first-degree murder in his wife's brutal killing.

Investigators believe Mark Sievers hired two men to kill his wife, Teresa.

Teresa was a holistic doctor. Teresa and Mark have two daughters.
The two men Mark hired to kill Teresa were also arrested. Curtis Wright, Mark's best friend, took a plea deal in the case. Part of the deal required him to testify in Mark's trial, as well as the other hired hitman's trial, Jimmy Rodgers.

Rodgers was found guilty of second-degree murder. His sentencing is scheduled for this Thursday, Dec. 12.

Jury Recommends Death for Mark Sievers in Murder of Wife Dr. Teresa Sievers
by Alberto Luperon | 6:35 pm, December 10th, 2019
Mark-Sievers-via-LawCrime-Network-2.jpg

A jury in Lee County, Florida recommended death on Tuesday for defendant Mark Sievers, 51.

The jury deliberated for just under 3 hours and found that the murder was cold, calculated and premeditated. It’s the first time in 12 years a Lee County jury has recommended the death penalty.

Whoa I just saw the penalty verdict. I can't believe it!! I really didn't think they'd give him DP. They also didn't feel like state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it for financial gain. That's interesting. My first reaction having not watched the trial and only having followed it on here is that the jury is probably right. That the main motivator may have been that she was going to leave him, problems in the marriage.

Whoa I just saw the penalty verdict. I can't believe it!! I really didn't think they'd give him DP. They also didn't feel like state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it for financial gain. That's interesting. My first reaction having not watched the trial and only having followed it on here is that the jury is probably right. That the main motivator may have been that she was going to leave him, problems in the marriage.

Or perhaps the jury foreperson was a critical thinker, along with the others, who realized that if/when everyone immediately agreed upon the second aggravator was enough to give him the death penalty, they decided there wasn't a need to agree and push for the other one to agree upon 100%?

I too was shocked at the verdict, but in reading the law, it was followed.

Thoughts and prayers for all those affected.

Or perhaps the jury foreperson was a critical thinker, along with the others, who realized that if/when everyone immediately agreed upon the second aggravator was enough to give him the death penalty, they decided there wasn't a need to agree and push for the other one to agree upon 100%?

Snipped by me.

I'm confused by your response. My point is that they (or some of them rather) didn't feel like that aggravator was proven beyond a reasonable doubt and I found that interesting. I don't see how that has anything to do with the foreperson. They just simply didn't agree on that aggravator. Obviously they only needed to agree on 1 and the one they agreed on was a no-brainer. They reached a verdict in 3 hours so it sounds like they were all pretty much on the same page on death. It's mind blowing.

Snipped by me.

I'm confused by your response. My point is that they (or some of them rather) didn't feel like that aggravator was proven beyond a reasonable doubt and I found that interesting. I don't see how that has anything to do with the foreperson. They just simply didn't agree on that aggravator. Obviously they only needed to agree on 1 and the one they agreed on was a no-brainer. They reached a verdict in 3 hours so it sounds like they were all pretty much on the same page on death. It's mind blowing.

You and I are saying the same thing, sorry I wasn't clear! I thought it was intersting also. I was just pointing out/buttressing the idea that once they agreed on one and went all the way... etc.

Is Mrs. Mummert's first name Jennifer? Is that her, 6th photo down from the top of JG's website? Or is that another doppelganger?
Great spot. Her name is Jennifer and I'm sure the pic is her. The firm administrator for Mummert is also called Jennifer Wood (no pic).

https://www.mslawpllc.com/our-team

If JG was in line as a defense witness, what contributing factors to this homicide and its location could he have testified to?

Do expert witnesses get paid, whether they testify or not?

Last edited:
If JG was in line as a defense witness, what contributing factors to this homicide and its location could he have testified to?

Do expert witnesses get paid, whether they testify or not?
I think he was just penalty phase, basically the defense hires an investigator to go through the whole life background of the defendant and present any mitigating factors.

I think he'll still be getting paid, his hours and rates were agreed by the court.

This is just what I've read on the net, I've never followed a death penalty case before. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this can add further.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back