Found Deceased MO - Michele Bell, 36, Caruthersville, 9 Dec 2019 *car found*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
30 year-old Michele Bell may be in danger after having a mental break down on Dec. 9. Bell left Caruthersville around 2 a.m. A man saw Bell get out of her car, after she reportedly saw snakes inside. Bell then got back into her car and headed south on Interstate 55. Bell is driving a maroon Chevy HHR. Police believe Bell could leave her car and may be in danger.

Missing Caruthersville woman believed to be in danger

The link above shows she is 36, not 30. The bit about "snakes" in her car is bizarre. Did she speak to that person? Was she talking to someone else on the phone? Very strange detail. Where this person saw her, is this where her car was found? All MOO. Strange one, not much info to go on.

A man saw Bell get out of her car, after she reportedly saw snakes inside.

This part made me wonder, have the police learned if Bell has/had any history of mental illnesses? And does she have a phone on her? Is there any possible triggers or motives the police may have come upon for her to act out and disappear like this?

While I hope for the best outcome on this case, I am familiar with the area Michele traveled. I have had my fair share of run inns with the meth users in these areas, its saturated. I don't know Michele personally and I do not want to say anything bad about her. But, snakes in the car? That sounds like meth to me. Joiner and the nearby Wilson have plenty of meth flowing through them. I think we have somebody gone to mars and hopefully will turn up safe when she comes back down. Either way I hope for her safe return.

On the Pemiscot County Emergency Services page on FB it says she is suffering from a mental illness. I don't know if I can link that page here or not?

On the Pemiscot County Emergency Services page on FB it says she is suffering from a mental illness. I don't know if I can link that page here or not?
It’s on her personal page so I can’t link it here. It sounds to me like mental health but I’m not sure. moo.
If you can’t link the posts, if you have access to them, is it possible you could copy and paste them? I’m very curious if there’s a specific mental illness or if she was receiving treatment for it.

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read “mental illness” was schizophrenia so I’m curious if that’s what caused her to see snakes. Alternatively, she may just be having a really hard time mentally and turned to meth? If drugs are involved, it’s definitely good to search the area and question locals on spots where meth or other drugs are typically consumed.

I’m from Caruthersville. Yes, this place is riddled with drug addicts, but I don’t believe drugs have anything to do with her disappearance or her mental state. I’d be lying if I said I knew Michele super well because I don’t. We’re Facebook friends, and she and I had a mutual best friend when I was 19 and I spent a lot of time around her back then, but that was 15 years ago. However, I ran into her a few weeks ago and talked to her for about 10 minutes. She looked great and acted as bubbly and happy as can be. I’m dumbfounded by this and the amount of misinformation that has been reported. From what I understand, she was experiencing a mental breakdown of sorts, but a lot of the details are off. One of my best friends is close with her and has way more information than I do, so I’ll see if she will pop on her and tell what she knows or if she’s ok with me talking about it.
By the way, she is 36 or 37 - not 30. She graduated 2 years ahead of me.

If you can’t link the posts, if you have access to them, is it possible you could copy and paste them? I’m very curious if there’s a specific mental illness or if she was receiving treatment for it.

Those posts from FB can’t be linked because FB is considered Social Media and filled with speculation and false information and not mainstream media (MSM). It is against TOS here. (Term of Service.)

While I hope for the best outcome on this case, I am familiar with the area Michele traveled. I have had my fair share of run inns with the meth users in these areas, its saturated. I don't know Michele personally and I do not want to say anything bad about her. But, snakes in the car? That sounds like meth to me. Joiner and the nearby Wilson have plenty of meth flowing through them. I think we have somebody gone to mars and hopefully will turn up safe when she comes back down. Either way I hope for her safe return.

My brother lives in NE Arkansas and says there are multiple gas stations owned by a man and his family who are involved in trafficking. He says he believes the man who owns them is in jail, but his family is still operating them. She’s a beautiful woman, and as much as I hope for a positive outcome in this, we can’t rule out trafficking as a possible theory.

I’m from Caruthersville. Yes, this place is riddled with drug addicts, but I don’t believe drugs have anything to do with her disappearance or her mental state.

RSBM

Hi, welcome to Websleuths. Take a look around, there is plenty of cases here.

We are unique here in that we have to link our sources to support any information we give here. That avoids rumor, false information, etc.

We also have a place for people who have intimate knowledge of a person or case here. These are what are known as our “insiders.”

Our insiders have to prove who they say they are and get verified by the staff here, that way what they say doesn’t need a link.

Here is how you can become a Verified Insider.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

I’m from Caruthersville. Yes, this place is riddled with drug addicts, but I don’t believe drugs have anything to do with her disappearance or her mental state. I’d be lying if I said I knew Michele super well because I don’t. We’re Facebook friends, and she and I had a mutual best friend when I was 19 and I spent a lot of time around her back then, but that was 15 years ago. However, I ran into her a few weeks ago and talked to her for about 10 minutes. She looked great and acted as bubbly and happy as can be. I’m dumbfounded by this and the amount of misinformation that has been reported. From what I understand, she was experiencing a mental breakdown of sorts, but a lot of the details are off. One of my best friends is close with her and has way more information than I do, so I’ll see if she will pop on her and tell what she knows or if she’s ok with me talking about it.
By the way, she is 36 or 37 - not 30. She graduated 2 years ahead of me.
Is there anything showing on her page or something that you’ve heard of that may have been a trigger for this breakdown? I’d definitely rule out mental illness here, but a breakdown doesn’t exactly explain the snake part to me. Is it possible she may have consumed drugs near the time of this incident to your knowledge?

Is there anything showing on her page or something that you’ve heard of that may have been a trigger for this breakdown? I’d definitely rule out mental illness here, but a breakdown doesn’t exactly explain the snake part to me. Is it possible she may have consumed drugs near the time of this incident to your knowledge?
Hi,

Welcome to Websleuths. We are what is known as a victim-friendly site and we are not permitted to make accusations or speculation about the victim.
I know you mean well, and you probably have a lot of information that is of interest to us here in getting answers as to what could have happen to Michelle. So please read our rules and Terms of Service
The Rules

And if you or anyone else has insider information, please consider becoming a Verified Insider.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

This part made me wonder, have the police learned if Bell has/had any history of mental illnesses? And does she have a phone on her? Is there any possible triggers or motives the police may have come upon for her to act out and disappear like this?
From the article linked below:

"According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, she is suffering from mental illness and has been hallucinating."

Endangered Person Advisory issued for missing Caruthersville woman; her vehicle found in Ark.

Last edited:
The link above shows she is 36, not 30. The bit about "snakes" in her car is bizarre. Did she speak to that person? Was she talking to someone else on the phone? Very strange detail. Where this person saw her, is this where her car was found? All MOO. Strange one, not much info to go on.
The article in post #1 was updated with her correct age after the thread was created. I've alerted a mod to have the thread title amended. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back