Jimmy Ray Rodgers Sentenced to LIFE IN PRISON

The Dr said some things we already suspected that he had a crappy childhood. But I hate children being failed when they especially report the abuse themselves. Can you imagine being blamed for your mother's death. JMO

Yes, I can imagine. My grandparents blamed my mother for my father's suicide.

He accepted the deal of murdering a defenseless woman for $10k. So, he isn't that developmentally arrested.

He was able to pass a written driver's exam. Wasn't he? He was able to pass a road test. Wasn't he? He was able to live independently. Wasn't he?

He was "smart" enough to discard and/or destroy incriminating evidence. Wasn't he?

Anyone who will chuckle at murdering a small woman with a hammer is more than developmentally slow. He has something seriously wrong with him and should not be out in society because he apparently doesn't know how to control himself.

Need I go on?

I hope that he gets LWOP.
SYNERGIZERBUNNY I can not disagree with any of your post. And he was also under the supervision of a parole officer....and he knew to lie about going to Florida, huh? (Selective victimization/memory at work.) I also seem to remember a "report by a criminal enforcement agency" noting Jrr was a very dangerous person. So while many see the sadness of a troubled youth, at least someone was willing to say... "regardless, he is a safety risk as an adult."
***Also wanted to mention his anxiety disorder seemed to "be-on-hold" while he was making his red B-weiser T-shirt purchase at Walmart. Go figure.

Last edited:
Given that he was so vulnerable, it is a true tragedy that he was blamed for his mother's illness and death. I do feel for him in that regard. With the limited ability to think about whether or not to do life-threatening actions, we are all safer if he serves life in prison.
I agree. When reports come in for abuse, there is a criteria sheet that gets filled out and ranks the concern. I am mad that they closed the investigation and labeled it unfounded. Tough kids that are abused are usually the first ones to report the abuse themselves and a worker can be assigned over a hundred cases. The family and system failed him, JMO

He accepted the deal of murdering a defenseless woman for $10k. So, he isn't that developmentally arrested.

He was able to pass a written driver's exam. Wasn't he? He was able to pass a road test. Wasn't he? He was able to live independently. Wasn't he?

He was "smart" enough to discard and/or destroy incriminating evidence. Wasn't he?

Anyone who will chuckle at murdering a small woman with a hammer is more than developmentally slow. He has something seriously wrong with him and should not be out in society because he apparently doesn't know how to control himself.

Need I go on?

I hope that he gets LWOP.
SYNERGIZERBUNNY I can not disagree with any of your post. And he was also under the supervision of a parole officer....and he knew to lie about going to Florida, huh? (Selective victimization/memory at work.) I also seem to remember a "report by a criminal enforcement agency" noting Jrr was a very dangerous person. So while many see the sadness of a troubled youth, at least someone was willing to say... "regardless, he is a safety risk as an adult."

JRR's father sounds like a monster.

I think CWW saw the vulnerable/gullible JRR and totally used him. That doesn't mitigate JRR's guilt, but man, I wish this kid would have received some help at some point and a little love.

MOO, Hunter did come on strong with the witness Dr. Amanda Evans, a retired professor of clinical social work from Florida Gulf Coast University. She tried to explain what she can diagnose and translate. Hunter needed to make the point that she is not able to do that with any distinct diagnosis without having a brain scan of the person.

MOO, the witness did come across as very knowledgeable of the development of personality, mental capacity, limitations, etc., I do think between the brother and this witness there is some pity for JRR's upbringing. She said he wasn't a leader, and I do think it would seem that CWW was a bad influence and the leader. That's why he was only found of 2nd degree murder because people believed CWW was the main murderer.

However, I came away thinking there was probably extreme anger and rage in JRR. It's possible his out-of-control nature lends itself to committing this horrible bashing crime.

I feel sorry for his upbringing, but I still see he definitely knew he was doing wrong and still went ahead with murder. I believe he was right there doing the deed with CWW.

I wish he would come out and say if he did know what he was going there to do. If he was so easily manipulated.... i can see CWW luring him in with money and robbing the place. I still believe there is much more to the story of JRR and CWW

I had hoped that Court TV would be televising the sentencing of JRR. Is it being televised elsewhere? I wonder if they will show it later since they are focussing on MI vs Washington. (I haven't found a thread for that trial here on Websleuths) Watching the MI vs. Washington case really makes me feel for state's attorneys--many of the witnesses have been very hard to deal with.
To stay on task here, I always have had the impression that JRR is mentally incompetent. I never believed everything that CWW said about the killing either. Listening to the interview on Court TV with a member of the JRR jury, there were actually two members of the 12 who were pushing for him to be acquitted! (stunning as it is)
I am glad that he has a minimum of 22 years and look forward to hearing what the judge decides.

I had hoped that Court TV would be televising the sentencing of JRR. Is it being televised elsewhere? I wonder if they will show it later since they are focussing on MI vs Washington. (I haven't found a thread for that trial here on Websleuths) Watching the MI vs. Washington case really makes me feel for state's attorneys--many of the witnesses have been very hard to deal with.
To stay on task here, I always have had the impression that JRR is mentally incompetent. I never believed everything that CWW said about the killing either. Listening to the interview on Court TV with a member of the JRR jury, there were actually two members of the 12 who were pushing for him to be acquitted! (stunning as it is)
I am glad that he has a minimum of 22 years and look forward to hearing what the judge decides.

Court TV just announced they will broadcast the verdict.

ETA- There is a link a few pages prior to the NBC2 You Tube page that live-streamed the sentencing hearing.

MOO, Hunter did come on strong with the witness Dr. Amanda Evans, a retired professor of clinical social work from Florida Gulf Coast University. She tried to explain what she can diagnose and translate. Hunter needed to make the point that she is not able to do that with any distinct diagnosis without having a brain scan of the person.

MOO, the witness did come across as very knowledgeable of the development of personality, mental capacity, limitations, etc., I do think between the brother and this witness there is some pity for JRR's upbringing. She said he wasn't a leader, and I do think it would seem that CWW was a bad influence and the leader. That's why he was only found of 2nd degree murder because people believed CWW was the main murderer.

However, I came away thinking there was probably extreme anger and rage in JRR. It's possible his out-of-control nature lends itself to committing this horrible bashing crime.

I feel sorry for his upbringing, but I still see he definitely knew he was doing wrong and still went ahead with murder. I believe he was right there doing the deed with CWW.

If the defense really wanted to present information that he had limited ability they should have hired someone who examined him and was qualified to testify to his IQ/adapted physical behaviors, his disorders and culpability. My educated guess (after being in education) is that the defense had people eyeball him and they realized that this would be a hard uphill battle and probably would not make a difference.

Sentencing happening any minute! Hurry, go to link!
Watch here: Jimmy Rodgers murder trial in Fort Myers

Watch Live: Jimmy Ray Rodgers Sentencing Hearing in Dr. Teresa Sievers Murder

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell