OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angie's playing the martyr. They won't let me wear civilian clothes. No one brings me clothes...etc...oh well.

Actually, I think she's trying to make a statement. Like prisoners trying to starve themselves. Martyr type mindset. I can't afford clothes. yah. This started a while ago so by now she probably has a streaming account for food and clothing. 2 shirts, a cot and 3 squares per day should do her.

Don'tknow, I just posted the same thought...before I read yours...IMO, her personality thrives on attention.. good or bad!

Don'tknow, I just posted the same thought...before I read yours...IMO, her personality thrives on attention.. good or bad!
I don't want to read too much into this whole thing, she might be in her own clothes in February, but it seemed strange to me that when the judge mentioned the whole civilian clothes thing that her lawyers just sat there stone faced, no reactions at all. They usually have some response.

I don't want to read too much into this whole thing, she might be in her own clothes in February, but it seemed strange to me that when the judge mentioned the whole civilian clothes thing that her lawyers just sat there stone faced, no reactions at all. They usually have some response.
Maybe the clothes that were brought for AW did not pass "inspection". That would explain the stone faced response. It was a sore subject, and the attorneys had no desire to talk about it.

JMO, MOO

My Lupus has had me under the weather for the past 2 days so I may not be thinking straight or remember it correctly....

But at the beginning of each hearing, Judge D will ask each defendant and their defense atty if they are satisfied with how they're being treated, jail, access to their attorney, etc.

During AW's hearing yesterday, did I hear correctly that one of her lawyers told the judge that AW has a "double room"? Did I hear that correctly? (In a time where jails are way overcrowded).

My Lupus has had me under the weather for the past 2 days so I may not be thinking straight or remember it correctly....

But at the beginning of each hearing, Judge D will ask each defendant and their defense atty if they are satisfied with how they're being treated, jail, access to their attorney, etc.

During AW's hearing yesterday, did I hear correctly that one of her lawyers told the judge that AW has a "double room"? Did I hear that correctly? (In a time where jails are way overcrowded).

Ha. The reference was to the room they meet in at the jail when they go there to confer with AW.

Hope you feel better soon.

I think they meant a large visiting room, like a conference room.
JMO, MOO

You heard correctly....
I transcribed what Judge Deering said about her civilian clothes and what her attorney Krapenc said about the room at the DCJ (Delaware County Jail) the room where Angela and her attorneys discuss her defense.

ATTORNEY KRAPENC:
Yes your honor she's out at the Delaware County Jail. They do have I would call a double room which is essentially 2 visiting rooms tied together and they've been kind enough to allow us to have that whole section every time we've been allowed to see her. That's made things very, ah, as comfortable as we can be.

Me:
She is up for 8 murders and the death penalty so I get why they let her have more privacy, probably more than the average inmate.... Opinion.......

Remember: Appeals Appeals Appeals

Last edited:
You heard correctly....
I transcribed what Judge Deering said about her civilian clothes and what her attorney Krapenc said about the room at the DCJ. The room where Angela and her attorneys discuss her defense.

ATTORNEY KRAPENC:
Yes your honor she's out at the Delaware County Jail. They do have I would call a double room which is essentially 2 visiting rooms tied together and they've been kind enough to allow us to have that whole section every time we've been allowed to see her. That's made things very, ah, as comfortable as we can be.

Me:
She is up for 8 murders and the death penalty so I get why they let her have more privacy, probably more than the average inmate.... Opinion.......

Remember: Appeals

DBM

Krapenc not Hunt. Hunt is her other attorney who sits on her left.
I think maybe he is trying to lighten things up for her? Keep her in good spirits? He did the same thing at her March 20th pre-trial as you can see here. Just after the judge adjourned the hearing Krapenc said something to make her laugh, he's really smiling at her.

web1_a-wagner-2.jpg

March 20th Pre-Trial

The first time I noticed a light, smiling moment between AW and her attorney was the first time she wore the shock belt to court. Increasingly, I see her more and more frightened each time she appears in court. This week, I thought she was close to tears at several points.

I think her attorney is trying to relax her a bit in court, so that she doesn't burst out in tears (a sign of guilt).

I have no idea how shock belts work, but I suspect one of the features might be a motion sensor to detect sudden movement. When AW and her attorney seem to have the light moment is after they all rise when JD walks into the room. Maybe he says something like "this hearing has started well, you didn't get zapped" to break the tension and they both have a light moment.

I would be very, very shocked (pardon the pun) if the defense attorneys were encouraging irreverent behavior in court.

On another note, I notice that they all seemed to have been schooled in court decorum, adding "Your Honor" after all of their interactions with JD.
Kind of like they finally realize how serious this is....

CC, she still stays in a regular cell, though. I understood him to be referring only to where they meet with AW. JMO
Oh yes you are right of course!
This was only referring to when Angela meets with her attorneys. Her attorney described in court that he/they get privacy when meeting in the DCJ to discus the case with Angela.
I assume Angela is in a regular cell, unlike her oldest son who requests solitary so he can QUOTE: "read the Bible and do the things he wants"

Last edited:
The first time I noticed a light, smiling moment between AW and her attorney was the first time she wore the shock belt to court. Increasingly, I see her more and more frightened each time she appears in court. This week, I thought she was close to tears at several points.

I think her attorney is trying to relax her a bit in court, so that she doesn't burst out in tears (a sign of guilt).

I have no idea how shock belts work, but I suspect one of the features might be a motion sensor to detect sudden movement. When AW and her attorney seem to have the light moment is after they all rise when JD walks into the room. Maybe he says something like "this hearing has started well, you didn't get zapped" to break the tension and they both have a light moment.

I would be very, very shocked (pardon the pun) if the defense attorneys were encouraging irreverent behavior in court.

On another note, I notice that they all seemed to have been schooled in court decorum, adding "Your Honor" after all of their interactions with JD.
I agree and..
I noticed also that Billy is now saying "your honor." I remember Billy not using the title "your honor " as much as the others.
(Unless I'm mistaken on which Wagner it was)

About Jake Wagner---
Remember this? Hope we find out about this at trial as there have been hints of this for 3 years
and 8 months!

Hummm....

"..As one example of the motions argued Tuesday, defense attorney Gregory Meyers asked the court not to allow the prosecution to mention his client’s alleged previous behavior during his murder trial.

“There is some evidence Mr. Wagner was violent with one of the victims prior to the murders,” said state Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa, seemingly indicating the prosecution wants to present that alleged incident as part of the case against Wagner.

Another defense motion, one which has been filed by other defendants in the murder cases, asked the court to bar prosecutors from using grisly or explicit photos from the murder scenes.

“Death is not pretty,” Canepa said, arguing that using possibly upsetting or explicit photos is likely to, unfortunately, prove necessary to the prosecution’s cases.."

POSTED ON OCTOBER 8, 2019 BY PORTSMOUTH DAILY TIMES

Past suspect behaviors, grisly murder scene photos may play parts in Rhoden trials - Portsmouth Daily Times

Last edited:

They were clearly whispering and laughing about the lady investigator as the Judge introduced her, in OPEN court. That is very disrespectful, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member