Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
I find that statement by RI rather subjective. It actually makes no sense to me at least. I don't believe RI has any way of knowing conclusively, that there was no "logical" reason why anyone would have known the girls would be there. Information travels instantaneously these days as is proven by the pic Libby posted of Abby on Instagram. Even prior to that, all it would take is KG telling someone, anyone that she dropped off her sister at the trails. Or, DG telling someone he has to pick up the girls at the trails on his way home. Or, BP telling someone innocently that the girls went to the trails. If someone was looking for an opportunity to commit this crime, that's all it took. Libby used apps where messages disappear and were likely difficult to track.

Just seems like an odd thing to say. Of course, that's JMO.
Almost sounds like RI MAY HAVE prefaced that remark with a comment something like: BG must have known they would be there because "there was no logical reason" (why just anyone would know they'd be there...)
Can't wait to hear more from this new podcast...

BBM
I find that statement by RI rather subjective. It actually makes no sense to me at least. I don't believe RI has any way of knowing conclusively, that there was no "logical" reason why anyone would have known the girls would be there. Information travels instantaneously these days as is proven by the pic Libby posted of Abby on Instagram. Even prior to that, all it would take
Oops SORRY!!!

Last edited:
BBM
I find that statement by RI rather subjective. It actually makes no sense to me at least. I don't believe RI has any way of knowing conclusively, that there was no "logical" reason why anyone would have known the girls would be there. Information travels instantaneously these days as is proven by the pic Libby posted of Abby on Instagram. Even prior to that, all it would take
DBM duplicate post

Whoever it was that mentioned the white thing possibly being a pool rescue hook or pool tool a while back... I have oft wondered if BG might have slipped something over one of their heads thereby immed constricting that one's ability to make noise and run off. If BG only carried one such tool, the 2nd girl may have complied seeing first girl silenced ... ?

If anyone wants to climb out on a limb for a spell, who among your POI has a pool? Edited: Better yet, see my next post, might be more likely.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Whoever it was that mentioned the white thing possibly being a pool rescue hook or pool tool a while back... I have oft wondered if BG might have slipped something over one of their heads thereby immed constricting that one's ability to make noise and run off. If BG only carried one such tool, the 2nd girl may have complied seeing first girl silenced ... ?

The tool I think he used is called a "strap wrench", and I occasionally throw it out for reference, here.

My take is in order to get both girls to comply, he had to control one, and putting something around one's neck, a tool with something on the end which would afford a little distance from a victim, seems plausible. Could be a strap wrench, could be something with a telescoping end, or ?

JMO

MOO I thought from the various people who figued out the dustance that he was video'd about 60ft from Libby.
That is only 12 paces about 8-15 seconds away.

Not tryin' to be confrontational at all here, but I'm 6'1" and my stride, if I take a purposeful longstep, is about 3 feet....So for me, 60 feet would be 20 long strides/paces. On that bridge, I would guess a shorter stride, so as to hit the crossties.

I'm not buying the lasso/neck restraint.....yet :)

I think it would suffice to draw a firearm, and say "guys" if you make even so much as a peep, I'll kill both of you, now, get "down the hill".

I created some images which I think are good references for some of the distances involved. All images and distances are from Google Earth, the distances are accurate per using the bridge, at 850, as a "calibration" on my end, and sure enough it comes in at around 850 feet on Google Earth. The one image shows the distance from the NW approach to the bridge to the CS in blue, it's shorter than I'd thought, but at any rate it's for reference only, just trying to show the walking distance from the NW end to the CS, I have no idea if Bridge Guy (BG) actually walked it that day. YouTube users have walked roughly that same path, along the gorge, which eventually ends up by the CS.

Again, for reference, there is a trail on the property which meets with the 501 trail, further up that trail from the bridge. MOO/I believe this is the trail BG used to get on to the 501 trail after the murders.

1. Blue line comes up as roughly 1250 feet, or 381 meters. This is shorter than I'd thought, I figured it was closer to 3/8 of a mile. Walking from the NW approach to MHB to the CS, for reference.

2. Orange line comes up as roughly 630 feet, or 192 meters. This is roughly the path walked from the SE end of MHB to the CS.

3. Green line comes up as roughly 1560 feet, or 475 meters. This is the "501 trail", which denotes 501 steps it would take for an average adult at normal stride to walk to the bridge.

4. Panther Pink line comes up as roughly 1830 feet, or 558 meters. This is the Monon High Bridge Trail from its trailhead to the trailhead for the 501 and Girard trails. The trailhead for this trail is close to both Freedom Bridge/IN 25, and the now-demolished CPS building where LE have indicated they'd like information about a vehicle parked there that day, and its driver.

Hope this helps folks regarding the distances in this case. Personally, I think it's a pretty tight area BG decided to "work in", yet the CS is far enough away from the bridge he would have been able to pull off his little fantasy fairly easily, so long as no one was on the private properties along the creek, nobody saw or heard them crossing the creek, and no other noise was made that people on or near the bridge could have heard.

Attachments

• NW approach to MHB to the CS 1230 feet.png
    NW approach to MHB to the CS 1230 feet.png
    699.5 KB · Views: 68
  • SE end of the bridge to the CS roughly 630 feet.png
    SE end of the bridge to the CS roughly 630 feet.png
    595.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Drop off point to the NW end of the bridge 1560 feet.png
    Drop off point to the NW end of the bridge 1560 feet.png
    839.3 KB · Views: 73
  • MHB trail trailhead to the 501 trail 1831 feet.png
    MHB trail trailhead to the 501 trail 1831 feet.png
    675.9 KB · Views: 54
I keep going back to my feeling that this was a stranger crime. Like he was there that day prowling for a victim, perhaps, but didn't know who it would or could be. I don't know. I just keep thinking--if it was someone known to the girls, wouldn't they have said his name on video? They obviously felt something wasn't right if they filmed him and it sounds like there was some audio of them chatting. If they knew who it was, wouldn't they have said, "Oh that's XYZ and he's being creepy?" or something to that effect.

Perhaps it was someone who knew of them but not the other way around, like the Jayme Closs case. He had been stalking her after he saw her get off a bus one day, but she had no idea he even existed.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from this podcast next month.

Could be a connection to a church group or school? Someone that knew there would be a day off of school on that particular day.
I keep thinking there is a connection with the nearby Indiana Packers Corp or the Tippman Group.
Snipped.
-
People keep mentioning school being closed, but it was late enough in the day that school would have been getting out. I don't know about Delphi, but around here high school is over with around 2:00 P.M.
-
Some people think the white line on BG's boots matches the white line on the meat packers' boots.

Almost sounds like RI MAY HAVE prefaced that remark with a comment something like: BG must have known they would be there because "there was no logical reason" (why just anyone would know they'd be there...)
Can't wait to hear more from this new podcast...
Yes, and that would make the statement sound a lot more "logical". Difficult when all you're dealing with is "soundbites" that don't give context. Looking forward to the full version as well :)

I keep going back to my feeling that this was a stranger crime. Like he was there that day prowling for a victim, perhaps, but didn't know who it would or could be. I don't know. I just keep thinking--if it was someone known to the girls, wouldn't they have said his name on video? They obviously felt something wasn't right if they filmed him and it sounds like there was some audio of them chatting. If they knew who it was, wouldn't they have said, "Oh that's XYZ and he's being creepy?" or something to that effect.

Perhaps it was someone who knew of them but not the other way around, like the Jayme Closs case. He had been stalking her after he saw her get off a bus one day, but she had no idea he even existed.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from this podcast next month.
I get the same feeling, that the killer knew of them, but they did not necessarily recognize him as someone they were familiar with. I lean toward the killer being somehow associated with one of the families. I keep coming back to Tobe Leazenby's statement that the community will be "shocked" when the killer is arrested. Leads me to believe he's local and for whatever reason, respected in the community. A number of statements made at the April PC and subsequently, seem to indicate that LE know who the killer is, which likely means they don't have what they need to convict or he'd already be behind bars. A lot of crime scene evidence does not necessarily equate to linking that evidence directly to the killer. Remember, there's a "twist", whatever that is. Worse, is that for 2 plus years they were on the wrong "trail" (pun intended). Lots of catching up to do.

You know, maybe it doesn't have to be someone "respected" after all. If it's someone with connections to a family member of one of the girls, that would certainly be shocking as well. All JMHO :)

I think the couple was BG and one of the girls.
Anyone else under the bridge would have seen or heard something just a hundred feet upstream.
MOO They would have alerted police as to what they saw when the search started, or ended.
I think the couple have been identified and the guy is a witness but the female did not see BG. MOO.

I keep going back to my feeling that this was a stranger crime.

I just keep thinking--if it was someone known to the girls, wouldn't they have said his name on video?

I can completely support your possibility of a trawling stranger loitering the area and pre disposed to commit a horrible crime in the “right” circumstances (personal mood, available victims(s), lack of witnesses etc).

Likewise, your points about the girls not identifying the assailant and the implication that they did not know him are very valid.

There is, however, a middle path between knowing and not knowing. The faux Zen aside, perhaps the girls were familiar with the individual in general terms, but did not truly know him by name etc.

This possibility could support a scenario of an arranged meeting for some purpose (make a promise, provide information, make an apology, deliver something etc.) One of the girls is wary and invites the other for support.

They then see person ‘P’ approaching. One or both generally recognize him as the “friend of a some what friend” or the relative of a friend etc. Maybe they do not expect to see him per se, but as they are expecting an arranged meeting with somebody they presume he is an emissary and accept / comply with his instructions to “Go down the hill”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member