Found Deceased NC - Crystal Morrison Prentice, 31, Concord, 23 August 2012

'Bring Crystal home!' rally to be held Thursday

Friends and family are rallying Thursday to call attention to the case of a missing Concord woman.

Crystal Dawn Morrison (Prentice) went missing Aug. 23, 2012. Thursday marks six years since she’s been seen.

“We’re trying to keep the story alive in hope that we can bring her home,” said Lacy Castro, a friend and one of the organizer of the “Bring Crystal Home! Roadside Rally!”

I just came here to post this. This is not far from her"last seen" (wasnt it at McDonalds by international?)
I'm guessing this is a mile as the crow flies and maybe 2-3 driving if im thinking right. I'm from Concord, but havent lived there in 10 years.
You’re correct. I live in Harrisburg and this is the vicinity in which she disappeared, which makes me wonder how her remains were missed all these years.

According to the Maps app, the distance between International Drive (last seen) and Winecoff School Road (remains found) is approximately 3 miles. That makes it easier for me to see how her remains were undetected after all this time if the searches focused exclusively on the International Drive area. I hope and pray that there will be answers and that the guilty, if not natural causes, are held fully accountable.

yes 2.5-3 miles. So sad to think she was so close when I drive along that stretch of road several times a week :-( Rest Easy Crystal. My condolences to her family and loved ones.

yes 2.5-3 miles. So sad to think she was so close when I drive along that stretch of road several times a week :-( Rest Easy Crystal. My condolences to her family and loved ones.
I drive right through there often as well. I was surprised that the distance was in the 3-mile range. Driving through there, it seems so much closer. A bit of a Christmas miracle and/or answered prayer that she was found at all. I hope the family will finally get answers.

So thankful her family may get some closure. I live in the area and this has bothered me so badly. Many prayers have been said over the years. It is chilling to know that whomever is responsible is still out there.

It also saddens me that she was so close and not discovered. It seemed that not enough searching was completed.

Or perhaps she was moved?
This article says CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington partnered with the Concord police to search a four-square-mile area near Connextions Recruiting, where Crystal worked.

Crystal Morrison: Massive search for North Carolina mother, 31, who mysteriously vanished in August yields no further clues | Daily Mail Online

And I also read this after I posted :

Castro, friends, family and volunteers continued to search for Morrison up and down Davidson Highway, even possibly coming within feet of where she was found.

“I know she would have never given up on me,” Castro said. “To know exactly where she was found, maybe if I just walked a little bit farther and expanded my search a little bit, maybe I would have found her sooner.”

'She put her son first:' Family, friends never gave up in search of Crystal Morrison

It looks like a very thorough search was done...Hard to understand how she was missed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back