TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ever-changing timeline is starting to smell.

Even acknowledging that reporters often goof the facts in a rush to be the first with news, there's something wrong about a 6 pm call from the school and his return home at 2. When is he saying the school called him exactly? Because no.

*I need to go read the full articles and snoop around.

Why would he not call the cops at 2 if he came home to their apt door standing wide open?

That's what stinks to me.
YES, what not be alarmed immediately, when a wife and a TWO WEEK old bAby is missing. You don't take a 2 week old on a play date or to the mall.

I can see the short trip to drop off older brother at school. But after that, Mom is bring a newborn back home. They would both be exhausted already. JMO

The fact that she lives in an apartment complex means that somebody would almost definitely have heard something if there was a violent struggle in the apartment.

The fact that she and the baby vanished in broad daylight is also odd.

This case is a weird one.

JMO.
If their complex is like mine (I live not far from Wm Cannon and know the area of 1st and Wm Cannon) anything happening in the daytime would be LESS noticed than at night. Most people work and use their apartments as sleeping areas. I also know that our complex has extremely insulated walls, doors, etc. I can sing with my amp and microphone and NO ONE hears me outside. Nice when you want privacy but NOT nice if something happens to the occupant. The silence works both ways too. I cannot hear the neighbors' dogs bark in the dog part which near my building. If I am outside I can hear the dogs. Now if she was taken outside and cause a lot of noise, someone outside might hear and would have called. I am familiar with the middle school across 1st from her complex. It can be rough as is the area there.
AISD school ratings-

2019 Accountability
Accountability Rating: D
Student Achievement: D
School Progress: C
Closing the Gaps: F

Lots of drug use there and dealers nearby.

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    30.2 KB · Views: 82
You don't take a 2 week old on a play date or to the mall.

I can see the short trip to drop off older brother at school. But after that, Mom is bring a newborn back home. They would both be exhausted already. JMO
Just playing "devil's advocate here, not saying it is not a common thing, but I went to the mall on the way home from the hospital (after a very easy birth and I felt amazing). Baby and I enjoyed freaking out the local grannies when they asked how old she was. When I'd say "What time is it? Oh , she is 9 hours and 12 minutes old." Some of us ladies don't feel horrid and tired after birth, even with having 8 of them! (Yes, I do but most, 6, were at school). Now I am wondering if anyone at the complex noticed the open door. That area is a high crime one and an open door would be almost an invitation for thieves. Not saying Dad is innocent or guilty, just not ready to say anything without more concrete info.

If their complex is like mine (I live not far from Wm Cannon and know the area of 1st and Wm Cannon) anything happening in the daytime would be LESS noticed than at night. Most people work and use their apartments as sleeping areas. I also know that our complex has extremely insulated walls, doors, etc. I can sing with my amp and microphone and NO ONE hears me outside.
AISD school ratings-

2019 Accountability
Accountability Rating: D
Student Achievement: D
School Progress: C
Closing the Gaps: F

Lots of drug use there and dealers nearby.

The reviews for that complex are awful....thin walls, terrible management, etc. You for sure are in a better complex and as you know the area goes from good to bad real quick...then back to good just as quick. As for the AISD scores I am shocked and find them questionable! JMO :)

Austin dad pleads for safe return of his two-week-old daughter, her mother

I just watched the edited video again and this time it was his saying "if you see her in a suspicious van..." that struck me as odd. (At 1:32.)

HUH?

Like those drive around in gated apartment complexes all the time; as opposed to regular vans, I guess?
He might be just saying that because it is a common thought that creepy windowless vans are used in kidnappings. I tell my youngest daughter to avoid being near creepy vans. It is harder to hide a kidnapped person in a car than in a windowless van, imo.

YES, what not be alarmed immediately, when a wife and a TWO WEEK old bAby is missing. You don't take a 2 week old on a play date or to the mall.

I'm just hoping she didn't get overwhelmed or that postpartum depression hasn't happened here.

I'm not sure if this means that Telemundo has the 911 call. ? Locals might want to tune in and watch. MOO

Marcos Ortiz on Twitter
Translated from Spanish by Microsoft
Tonight on your Telemundo Austin News we will continue coverage of the mysterious disappearance of a mother and her baby. This is the second night you don't know about them. By 10 p.m. I'll have the emotional call he makes by Heidi Broussard's partner.
ELt6IqHXUAIfXew.jpg
ELt6IqMXsAELKH5.png

9:30 PM - 13 Dec 2019

Austin police asking for help locating missing mom and two-week-old daughter
Phone interview with Heidi's mom

:24
Reporter: Detectives believe that Heidi returned to her apartment on West William Cannon near South 1st St immediately following the drop-off. Hours later, her mother got a call from Heidi's boyfriend.

Heidi's mother: Shane called me and you know, told me what was going on.

1:00

Reporter: Tammy told us over the phone there was no indication that anything was wrong with Heidi leading up to Thursday morning and she can't think of a single person that would want to hurt her daughter.

I'm not sure if this means that Telemundo has the 911 call. ? Locals might want to tune in and watch. MOO

Marcos Ortiz on Twitter
Translated from Spanish by Microsoft
Tonight on your Telemundo Austin News we will continue coverage of the mysterious disappearance of a mother and her baby. This is the second night you don't know about them. By 10 p.m. I'll have the emotional call he makes by Heidi Broussard's partner.
ELt6IqHXUAIfXew.jpg
ELt6IqMXsAELKH5.png

9:30 PM - 13 Dec 2019
OHHHHH, I'd LOVE to hear that 911 call!!!!

Is there another Facebook for her? Sorry if I missed it and I will look for one, but I find it unusual that there are no pregnancy photos, sonogram, hospital pics, newborn pics, or baby shower pics here. MOO

That's been the only social media platform I've been able to find it hers. But I actually was wondering the same thing.

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
PLEASE SHARE @Austin_Police are searching for Heidi Broussard and her 2-week-old daughter Margot Carey, both missing since Thurs AM. Tonight her fiancé told me over the phone she's the best mom and their disappearance just doesn't make sense.
11:02 PM - 14 Dec 2019

Police searching for missing Austin mother and her 2-week-old baby girl
[…]

"I don't know why anybody would ever harm or touch these two beautiful women together," Shane Carey, Broussard's fiance, told KVUE over the phone on Friday night.

[…]

"She is an amazing person," Shane Carey said. "She has amazing support, friends behind her. She's so personable – one of the best people I've ever met, so kind, and she does anything for her kids – one of the best moms."

[…]

"We're all stumped because everything's over here – the car's over here," Shane Carey said. "There's no signs of struggle. There's nothing, no evidence, so we're just trying to piece it together but there really are no pieces."

Shane Carey said he's been with Broussard for nearly a decade and they have two kids together, as well as a third child from his previous marriage.

"I just don't see why no one heard any screams or anything out here so we're trying to put the puzzle pieces together," Shane Carey said.

[…]

"I just want her to come home," he said. "She's amazing. She's missed. She has her whole family here supporting, praying for her to come home, and hopefully that's just – I don't know – somebody to bring her home safe. I don't care, just drop her off."

[…]

Police said they are looking for Heidi Broussard, 33, and Margot Carey.

"I don't know why anybody would ever harm or touch these two beautiful women together," Shane Carey, Broussard's fiance, told KVUE over the phone on Friday night.

[...]

Shane Carey said he's been with Broussard for nearly a decade and they have two kids together, as well as a third child from his previous marriage."

Police searching for missing Austin mother and her 2-week-old baby girl

Maybe mom took a walk to the middle school nearby. That is a rough area at times, and it doesn't seem to be in Cowan Elementary's attendance zone.

That all takes too much time and what would be the point of going back? If her son was with her it might seem more likely she was leaving for her safety. It's all over the news here...I think she'd call by now to report she's ok! JMO
Exactly Sassygerl!!! The fact that she has not called makes me think the worst.
Too many scary scenarios to think about.
Sassygerl, is where she disappeared considered a bad area?

He says some odd things... "Two beautiful women together?"

Maybe he's just exhausted.
There are several odd phrases of choice over his interviews - but yes, this one was very strange. I have never heard of a baby being called a woman nor man before in my life. He also said in the other interview on the street for people to be on the lookout for an “awesome mom” maybe in a van - that is somewhat less than descriptive of the people to be on the lookout for and yet strangely suggestive of a scenario. Some of his language concerns me - let’s hope I am wrong, and she and their baby are going to be okay. :(

Is there another Facebook for her? Sorry if I missed it and I will look for one, but I find it unusual that there are no pregnancy photos, sonogram, hospital pics, newborn pics, or baby shower pics here. MOO

I think H has her FB posts, other than profile pic updates, set to private.

There are definitely photos of Heidi and Margot, and I would think they're probably from her FB and that the media are getting them from her friends who have access to her FB.

Had she taken her vehicle, I’d be far less concerned. Her purse being left at home is something we’ve seen recently. Those cases haven’t ended well.

There are some key differences though. The first is that there is a baby who is also missing. The second is that if this is foul play, it would have had to occur during broad daylight.

So I’m not sure what I think right now.
Another key difference—this Mom was seen out, about and alive in the morning. Does anyone know what the boyfriend/husband does for work? If he has an office job and people saw him there from 8-2 that would be a lot different than, say, visiting oil fields.

As someone else pointed out in this case only one of the children is missing. Do we know if boyfriend/husband is the father of both kids?

There are several odd phrases of choice over his interviews - but yes, this one was very strange. I have never heard of a baby being called a woman nor man before in my life. He also said in the other interview on the street for people to be on the lookout for an “awesome mom” maybe in a van - that is somewhat less than descriptive of the people to be on the lookout for and yet strangely suggestive of a scenario. Some of his language concerns me - let’s hope I am wrong, and she and their baby are going to be okay. :(
Body language, swaying, lack of eye contact, inconsistent statements, weird wording (even some of the same wording) all remind me of CW’s interviews. In this case we see actual tears and no dupers delight smirk.

I hope I’m wrong but I feel this case will end the same way that one did. But if it does, I won’t be surprised to learn it was a “snapped” kind of crime. Not one that had been planned over weeks. And as @GordianKnot points out, in this case there will be remorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021