TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Was it her apt. door found open or her car door?

I had thought it was the apartment door that was found open.

Mom and 2-week-old baby missing, last seen in South Austin

"In addition to the details provided by police, her friends say online that when Broussard’s husband arrived home, her vehicle, purse and baby bag were all there but the door was wide open and she and the baby were missing. Police have not confirmed that."

JMO

It is apartment door..off to drink more coffee.

"In addition to the details provided by police, her friends say online that when Broussard’s husband arrived home, her vehicle, purse and baby bag were all there but the door was wide open and she and the baby were missing. Police have not confirmed that."

JMO
I thought so, too. These days, you can never tell if it's the media that's getting the facts wrong or the story changing by the suspect.

re: after school--when my youngest was born, we kept middlest in his regular program until I went back to work three months later, even though it wasn't really necessary. It was partly to make sure I could rest in the afternoon and partly so middlest's routine wasn't disrupted any more than necessary.

re: two beautiful women--I know a guy who talks like that about his daughters. He's trying to fight the girl stereotypes. It often sounds weird, but...

re: the video--I've seen people rock like that when they're in shock and just barely holding together. Could be something, could be nothing.

also, there is a self storage facility so near... maybe people there can be asked if there was any strage transactions recently or any particular person on that day that had just used the facility when the lady disappeared

in this case there will be remorse.

Can I ask why you think so? IMO if a crime is committed (not that this case is one at this time), and the perp is actually remorseful, they confess and ask for forgiveness, no? (Rare but happens.)
There's a lot more to say on this one, but until LE speaks...

JMO
The way the Facebook post is written, the poster meant the apartment door, IMO.

I noticed something last night before I went to bed (so about 12 hours ago), but not wanting to break the TOS, I didn’t say anything. I think it’s somewhat important, and I’m stating the obvious anyway. I do not want the thread shut down, so I will try to be careful.

About the Facebook post linked in the article: When I read the article for the first time about this time yesterday, the original post by CRN was still up on her own page. She must have either taken it down or made it private later because by the time I went to bed it was no longer there (the post that is linked in the article, which shares a screenshot of CRN’s post, is still on the poster’s page).

IMO, Heidi’s friends were sharing information that was given to them by her significant other, and I don’t believe they were aware at the time that he came home at 2 PM. At least that’s the impression I get from CRN’s post.

...the reality is, it's usually the spouse...
Sad but true. Some posters have questioned, if foul play were involved, why the baby would also be missing as she is too young to be a witness to anything...Well, in my mind, the two-week-old baby is most likely the key to why this entire scenario has happened. Just my opinion, though.

Last edited:
All JMO

Red flags:

-Door is wide open (alarm bell #1)

-Purse and diaper bag are still there (newborns need changing almost hourly sometimes....alarm bell #2)

-Car is still there along with 'the rest of the baby stuff' ***no new mom goes out for a four hour walk without a stroller or carrier or diaper bag and I am basing this timeframe on the time boyfriend arrived at home at 2 pm until the time the school supposedly called at 6pm...subject to change with updated info***(alarm bell #3)

-where was the family pet if the door was 'wide open?' (alarm bell #4)

-did calls go straight to vm if her phone was not left at home? When I was with my newborn, there is no way I would leave home for several hours on foot unreachable without a cell phone (alarm bell #5)

All JMO

I am so worried for Heidi baby Margot.:(

Missing Persons Cases Network

Heidi Broussard, 33
Margot Carey, 2wks
Austin, TX
Last seen Dec 12th, 2019

The Austin Police Department is asking for the public's help finding a missing woman and her infant daughter.

Police say Heidi Broussard and her daughter Margot Carey were last seen dropping off a child at Cowan Elementary School located at 2817 Kentish Drive around 7:30 Thursday morning.

Heidi and Margot are believed to have returned to their residence near West William Cannon and South First Street, but have not been seen or heard from since.

Heidi is described as a white adult female, 33 years old, 5'3" and 150 pounds.

Margot is a two-week-old white female, 7 pounds 7 ounces, 22 inches long.

Please contact the Austin Police Department with any information about the whereabouts of Heidi Broussard or Margot Carey. Dial 311 for local calls and 512-974-2000 for out of area.

Thanks for the link.

Sad but true. Some posters have questioned, if foul play were involved, why the baby would be also be missing as she is too young to be a witness to anything...Well, in my mind, the two-week-old baby is most likely the key to why this entire scenario has happened. Just my opinion, though.
Wonder if there could be a question about paternity?

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Heidi Broussard was last seen dropping her son off at Cowan Elementary School in Austin on Thursday morning at around 7:50 a.m. Friends said she dropped her son off at a book fair at the school.

KXAN reports that authorities said Broussard and her 2-week-old daughter, Margot, likely returned home afterward, at the Club at Summer Valley apartments off of West William Cannon Drive and South First Street, but at some point, disappeared. The apartment complex is around three miles away from the elementary school.

At around 6 p.m., the elementary school contacted the boy’s father, Shane Carey, and said no one picked the child up. Carey, who is also the father of Margot, subsequently contacted 911.

[...]

Heidi Broussard: Mom & baby still missing after mysteriously vanishing from their home in broad daylight

BBM

Where did you hear they were separated? So they weren’t living together? Sorry if I missed it and this is old news. :)
Through friends of friends here. I just drove through the complex. The dumpsters are completely full...so no trash pick up likely till Monday. I would say the area is a bit industrial...not bad but there were 3 homeless (not unusual for Austin in many areas) sitting right outside the complex. Two men were sitting there drinking their 40 oz beers at 10:30 am. The complex has some one story units as well as 2 story....I did not see any police presence at all. There is a wooded area practically next door but I would assume that area has been searched? HEB/pawn shops/nail salons, gas station are right on that corner. Bedichek middle school as well (known to be not so great) She could easily walk to HEB and stores I mentioned....but I don't think that is what she did at all! JMO and it's a beautiful day here in S. Austin today!

ETA: maybe not so much industrial...just older feel compared to other areas. Anything close to I35 tends to be more run down and have this feeling.

Last edited:
So plausible scenarios could be (listed in order of likelihood imo):

1. Argument escalated into violence and Shane (husband or boyfriend?) killed them and hid bodies;
2. Stranger kidnapped baby and hurt/killed Heidi
3. Heidi was out doing ———— and became injured/disoriented
4. Heidi left on her own volition.

5. Paternity of 2-week old baby might have been in question and another man involved in this equation is responsible for her disappearance.

When I say "might have been in question" that is just a theory. My theory only. I have heard nothing in that vein.

Through friends of friends here. I just drove through the complex. The dumpsters are completely full...so no trash pick up likely till Monday. I would say the area is a bit industrial...not bad but there were 3 homeless (not unusual for Austin in many areas) sitting right outside the complex. Two men were sitting there drinking their 40 oz beers at 10:30 am. The complex has some one story units as well as 2 story....I did not see any police presence at all. There is a wooded area practically next door but I would assume that area has been searched? HEB/pawn shops/nail salons, gas station are right on that corner. Bedichek middle school as well (known to be not so great) She could easily walk to HEB and stores I mentioned....but I don't think that is what she did at all! JMO and it's a beautiful day here in S. Austin today!
Thank you for doing this.
Are there cameras at the shopping/gas area?

Seems quite odd there is no police presence, especially with the dumpsters that full!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member