TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a case a few years ago where a young woman (newly married maybe?) disappeared from her apartment complex and it ended up being a neighbor who killed her....I feel like it was in her Jeep....anyone remember this? She had left for work early in the morning and encountered him?

Other than something like that (and why would they take the baby?), I think we can see where this is headed......

The only other option besides what you’ve listed (said and unsaid) would be missing due to postpartum crisis or possible voluntary missing in a shelter. I know she didn’t take her son but maybe she felt this was the only way. Or there was another reason.

But of course those aren’t my first choices.

So he got home at two, to an open door and all belongings there... what time did he get the call to get his son? And then what time after that did he call police? Definitely waiting to hear what coworkers/boss/security cameras show, I’m worried we will find out there was some time unaccounted for.. not looking good imo.

It's my understanding he got the call to get his son at 6 and then called police at 7. And THAT right there is incredibly suspicious to me. No way in hell would my husband come home to me and our newborn missing with the door wide open, nothing to indicate I really left and not call the police for FIVE hours. That sounds more like delay tactics. Like he couldn't go any longer without calling.
Crimes are listed here and you can see by the address of the complex there are many calls for domestics...no arrests with Shane's name that I saw....I only looked at 2019. 744 W William Cannon 78745
krimelabb 2019 (change from month to month)

^^ the shear number of calls to that address is staggering... but when you see the number of calls for family disturbance, family violence, assault/strangulation (Oct/Nov 2019)... and the drugs... and the arrests... This is just really really sad and does not look like it's going to end well :( MOO.

Are these calls about their home specifically or the complex in general?

That ever-changing timeline is starting to smell.

Even acknowledging that reporters often goof the facts in a rush to be the first with news, there's something wrong about a 6 pm call from the school and his return home at 2. When is he saying the school called him exactly? Because no.

*I need to go read the full articles and snoop around.

Why would he not call the cops at 2 if he came home to their apt door standing wide open?

That's what stinks to me.

If that’s really what happened I expect an arrest relatively quickly.

IMO, Interesting that I didn't see any pics of the husband on her fb page.

Does anyone know if pets are allowed at this apartment complex? Did they have any dogs?
I believe they have a dog.

Not sure if pets are allowed, but there is a pic of a dog on her fb page as well as on her boyfriend's page. It is the same dog.

JMO

It's my understanding he got the call to get his son at 6 and then called police at 7. And THAT right there is incredibly suspicious to me. No way in hell would my husband come home to me and our newborn missing with the door wide open, nothing to indicate I really left and not call the police for FIVE hours. That sounds more like delay tactics. Like he couldn't go any longer without calling.

EXACTLY, you stated what I was going to perfectly.
Door wide open, car and essentials still at home and he isn’t suspicious enough to call police?
PFffffffff I call bull crap.

If the timing reported is correct, the minute he got home and noticed no baby and no Heidi, discovered all her belongings there and could not make contact, that should have been when he called for help - ESPECIALLY if the door was wide open. Not hours later. That alone is one of those things that make you go hmmmm.

Additionally, where she disappeared from is suburban/city. It’s not hill country yet, and there really aren’t massive green areas right there that she could easily just walk into without being seen. I’d love to know if anyone ever actually witnessed her leaving the apartment after that drop off.

The complex. But apt numbers are listed if we had one.

Thank you for doing this.
Are there cameras at the shopping/gas area?

I know HEB's have cams....however, the complex itself is tucked away and wooded so I can't imagine the cameras would pick up the apt....but someone might have a camera. I did not see any and I have not lived in an apt in years so I have no idea if people install Rings or not?
Here's one of the dumpters. * no clue why it's sideways!
ETA: all those red/white bags you see on top are HEB bags that you buy checking out if you did not bring bags with you. Just saying for those zooming in :)

Attachments

• IMG_5904.jpg
    IMG_5904.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
That's what I noticed in the original, unedited interview, as well.

He looked away or down almost the entire time. But his crying and red face seemed genuine, too, which confused me.

Until I heard that he was home, la-dee-dah style, for an hour or more, even though their apt door was wide open when he got home.

What was he doing during that time before he went to pick up their son?

I'm praying for cameras right now.

The reporter who interviewed him is responding in comments to her article (on FB) that she told him to look at her. Not the camera. I guess she missed that he didn’t look at her much of the time. He looked at the ground. Adela Uchida

Crocodile tears (IMO).

They looked real to me. But other things appeared off.

As an aside, sometimes domestic abusers can feel remorse for what they did. And actually cry. I would actually venture to guess that the majority of rage murders or even revenge type murders aren’t by sociopaths. They’re by people with rage issues. Obsessives. Extreme jealousy. Etc. Inexplicably, those people can also feel shame or remorse even though they have the capacity to do the worst.

Often those are the ones who crack the most quickly during investigations.

So while a lack of actual tears or red eyes/face is telling, actual tears doesn’t mean a person is genuine in what they’re saying, IMO. I also look for eye contact, do they touch their face and where, how they phrase things, body language.

Gosh I hope she’s a voluntary missing. Every other scenario is terrible.

I'm wondering if he went to that TMobil store for an entirely different reason.

In another case many of us recently followed (the Kelsey Berreth murder), we learned during the trial that PF (her bf/murderer) went to the Verizon store to try to get the security/pin code to her phone:
Woodland Park Verizon store employee describes interaction with Frazee on Dec. 11

NOT saying that's what/why SC was at the TMobil store in this situation, just pointing out that there may be any number of different reasons for him to have gone there today.

JMO.

In the horrid case of that woman who hung her kids (charged with murder), the cops kept taking her phones so she kept having to get new ones.

Is there another Facebook for her? Sorry if I missed it and I will look for one, but I find it unusual that there are no pregnancy photos, sonogram, hospital pics, newborn pics, or baby shower pics here. MOO

There might be. We only see what someone marks as public. Almost none of my posts are public.

Just playing "devil's advocate here, not saying it is not a common thing, but I went to the mall on the way home from the hospital (after a very easy birth and I felt amazing). Baby and I enjoyed freaking out the local grannies when they asked how old she was. When I'd say "What time is it? Oh , she is 9 hours and 12 minutes old." Some of us ladies don't feel horrid and tired after birth, even with having 8 of them! (Yes, I do but most, 6, were at school). Now I am wondering if anyone at the complex noticed the open door. That area is a high crime one and an open door would be almost an invitation for thieves. Not saying Dad is innocent or guilty, just not ready to say anything without more concrete info.

Wow! That freaks me out, exposing a newborn to all those people. Yesterday at Target a little kid was coughing so hard he vomited several times. Mom kept shopping.

But is her area really a high crime one? And if so, what would thieves want with a mother and her baby but leave everything behind?

No sign of robbery that’s been stated. Her purse and phone were there.

That to me indicates it’s unlikely to be a voluntary missing case. That doesn’t mean she didn’t take off though. Because people can be psychotic and disappear and I’m not sure I would classify that as voluntary missing.

Where is her car?

For me the possibilities in order of likelihood are:

1. Someone close to her harmed her and the baby.
2. One of those bizarre baby stealing cases.
3. Post partum depression/psychosis.
4. Voluntary missing/hiding on purpose.

Maybe 2 and 3 can be flipped. I’m not sure. But for me 1 and 4 are in logical places.

Scary. That’s a precious little one.

So plausible scenarios could be (listed in order of likelihood imo):

1. Argument escalated into violence and Shane (husband or boyfriend?) killed them and hid bodies;
2. Stranger kidnapped baby and hurt/killed Heidi
3. Heidi was out doing ———— and became injured/disoriented
4. Heidi left on her own volition.

Holy smokes. I made an almost identical list before seeing yours!!

If the last time she was seen was early morning, and the door was wide open in the evening, who walked by during the day and did they notice the door being open? In Austin, TX, I can't imagine it is normal to leave a front door open regularly. At least not without a screen/storm door that is closed. Does this apartment complex have cameras? Let's say Mom knew who was at the door and walked outside willingly with the baby in her arms. Did a camera capture who she went with and how she left? If Dad was at work, he should have a decent alibi.
Was the door open from 8 AM - 6 PM? Where was the Dad when school called that his son was not collected after school (assuming it was Dad that got the call)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151