Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
While LE is not immune to mistakes, I don't tend to blatantly discount what they tell us unless given good reason. For now, LE states BG was wearing a hat and is local (for what its worth, the video posted by @BNA from LE's page maximized on my full screen like no other video has done in the past, and for me at least I thought the hat was quite apparent (down to the style and color). IIRC crime statistics tell us random stranger murder is the least likely scenario (and random stranger double murders are even less likely), and for me I have not seen an argument whose plausibility convinces me that this case would defy those odds so I continue to assume BG is at a minimum at least from the surrounding area to Delphi if not Delphi itself. I tend to think someone does know something and they have not said anything because they are either BG's close family and they feel conflicted about not ever seeing BG outside of a jail visiting room again and doing what's right (a parent would be the most prominent withholder of evidence if this was true), or they are peripherally involved in some way or the reason they know what they know is not on the up and up and they don't want to incriminate themselves in the process. I hope a scientific breakthrough, a slip of the tongue (perhaps a drug or alcohol fueled rant), or a deathbed confession brings closure but by all accounts I don't think as the 3rd anniversary nears anyone could reasonably argue that it hasn't gone cold. My $0.02 is that LE does know who did this but doesn't have the evidence to convict, as was the case for 2yrs with the Rhoden family mass murder in rural Pike County.

Doing any
MOO is that the crime scene was odd and twisted but I would bet that it is due to true mental illness and depravity vs. feigned madness.

Odd CS's are also an indicator of a young killers.
Youthful
Mental issues
Low intelligece

With each additonal act from what was necessary to commit the crime, the chances it is a personal crime go up.

So I think that means their killer is someone close to them who knew their plans or they used an app that does not keep track of their conversations. Also, odd that Libby just wiped her cell phone very recently. Very odd in my opinion.
You can chat even via LinkedIn, where little girls actually have no business. Murdered in a flash attack Mi**y Bev*rs/TX got some creepy message via LinkedIn, AFAIK, although nobody except LE (hopefully) knows, who did send this message. Then there are Dating lines, which even the younger kidnapped/murdered cousins in IA used, AFAIK.
Mannny opportunities. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out staging is common enough police have a lot of protocols around it.

MOO Odd then to me would mean something isn't right about the staging.
Trying to make a scene look like a serial killer did it, but actually the murders were a more common form, personal murder(s).
Then staging it to misdirect to look like a random serial killer murder.

Lots of evidence
Odd evidence
Strange CS

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.886.3388&rep=rep1&type=pdf
MOTIVE FOR STAGING THE CRIME SCENE The next question to be answered is why did the staging offender manipulate the scene to represent something other than what it was. He or she may do so by trying to mislead the investigator as to either (a) the manner of death (i.e., homicide, suicide, accident, natural, or other), (b) the cause of death (i.e., medical reason for the death), or (c) the motive for the original act (i.e., greed, anger-revenge, attention, game playing, or other). We have termed these motives self-preservation and embarrassment-shame. These are the essential and crucial reasons for crime scene staging, and one or both of them will always be present.

While LE is not immune to mistakes, I don't tend to blatantly discount what they tell us unless given good reason. For now, LE states BG was wearing a hat and is local (for what its worth, the video posted by @BNA from LE's page maximized on my full screen like no other video has done in the past, and for me at least I thought the hat was quite apparent (down to the style and color). IIRC crime statistics tell us random stranger murder is the least likely scenario (and random stranger double murders are even less likely), and for me I have not seen an argument whose plausibility convinces me that this case would defy those odds so I continue to assume BG is at a minimum at least from the surrounding area to Delphi if not Delphi itself. I tend to think someone does know something and they have not said anything because they are either BG's close family and they feel conflicted about not ever seeing BG outside of a jail visiting room again and doing what's right (a parent would be the most prominent withholder of evidence if this was true), or they are peripherally involved in some way or the reason they know what they know is not on the up and up and they don't want to incriminate themselves in the process. I hope a scientific breakthrough, a slip of the tongue (perhaps a drug or alcohol fueled rant), or a deathbed confession brings closure but by all accounts I don't think as the 3rd anniversary nears anyone could reasonably argue that it hasn't gone cold. My $0.02 is that LE does know who did this but doesn't have the evidence to convict, as was the case for 2yrs with the Rhoden family mass murder in rural Pike County.

Also possible that BG is dead or in jail

Doing any

Odd CS's are also an indicator of a young killers.
Youthful
Mental issues
Low intelligece

With each additonal act from what was necessary to commit the crime, the chances it is a personal crime go up.
I'm torn on this. I can see your points about youth.

But I feel that mental issues/psychopathy could result in odd CS at any age. And I could see intelligence being anywhere on the spectrum. People have made cases that the risk involved with this crime shows lack of intelligence but it could also be complete lack of impulse control. Others have made the case for high intelligence because of the lack of DNA (rumor) and the fact that he still has not been caught.

And I could see intelligence being anywhere on the spectrum. People have made cases that the risk involved with this crime shows lack of intelligence but it could also be complete lack of impulse control.

I think you are right regarding the possible range of intelligence. In contrast to the raw IQ score focused 1970s-80s, current views seem to suggest that intelligence can be pretty nebulous.

For example, in addition to your statement regarding contradictions between intelligence and impulse control, there are probably differences between IQ based intelligence, social intelligence, intuitive intelligence etc.

Another complicating factor is to what degree a specific individual is capable of actually applying a seemingly high form of intelligence.

Thus, not only could the suspect be "anywhere on the spectrum" regarding intelligence, but he could have different intelligence levels with the various forms of intelligence. This could lead to seemingly erratic behavior.

Last edited:
Maybe LE does have some evidence on their social media accounts and activities, and that is a reason why they don’t want to ‘show their hand’. They said that the killer wants to know what they know, and one day he will.
Maybe LE does have some evidence on their social media accounts and activities, and that is a reason why they don’t want to ‘show their hand’. They said that the killer wants to know what they know, and one day he will.
I remember a LE release about SM and telling parents to be aware what their kids are on. Looking for it now

Hmmmm....I really don't think this is Delphi girls Abby and Libby singing....

I've been unable to find the answer to this. If nothing else, I think they were probably regular churchgoers and associated with some other church-related groups. Libby's grandfather, Dennis Bridge, said, "We are Christians and Liberty went to church in Delphi." Abby's obituary said she attended several area churches with her family.

Libby's funeral was held at the Delphi United Methodist Church and vigils for both girls were held at this church.

I've only been able to find one video of the girls together and this is it, so for me it's poignant and special. They sing together beautifully.

You can chat even via LinkedIn, where little girls actually have no business. Murdered in a flash attack Mi**y Bev*rs/TX got some creepy message via LinkedIn, AFAIK, although nobody except LE (hopefully) knows, who did send this message. Then there are Dating lines, which even the younger kidnapped/murdered cousins in IA used, AFAIK.
Mannny opportunities. IMO
BBM I have followed Missy Bevers case since the beginning and I never knew, until then that LinkedIn had PM. I was shocked to learn that, but Yes, apparently, most SM has private message options.

Snippets from the Scene of the Crime podcast

Prosecutor, Robert Ives: There is a lot of crime scene evidence. Some of it is somewhat odd. The crime scene was physically strange. There was no logical reason why anybody would have known those girls would be there that day.

Unknown male: As soon as I saw that, I knew something really bad happened.

Unknown male: It’s hard for me to believe anybody could do something so bizarre and horrible and not feel compelled to tell somebody about it.

I’m extremely sceptical we’ll learn anything new. You know how it goes ... "We have to protect the integrity of the investigation".

I've been unable to find the answer to this. If nothing else, I think they were probably regular churchgoers and associated with some other church-related groups. Libby's grandfather, Dennis Bridge, said, "We are Christians and Liberty went to church in Delphi." Abby's obituary said she attended several area churches with her family.

Libby's funeral was held at the Delphi United Methodist Church and vigils for both girls were held at this church.

I've only been able to find one video of the girls together and this is it, so for me it's poignant and special. They sing together beautifully.

May I ask how you believe this to be Anna, Abby and Libby. It is beautiful whoever it is . I want it to be them- just not sure.

DBM. Double post

Snippets from the Scene of the Crime podcast

somewhat odd. physically strange. so bizarre. horrible.

I cut a bunch of stuff out of the snippets to concentrate on these descriptive words for a bit. I really, REALLY, don't want to go there, but my mind indicates that some extremely odd stuff may have been either

a. done to/with these girls' bodies, or
b. placed and/or arranged at the scene,
c. or both

Not to mention the words of Carter at the presser "And I can assure you that how you left them in that woods is not, IS NOT, what they are experiencing today."

And so, it would lead me to speculate that the killer was so enraged as to have done the most evil and satanic thing(s) imaginable at that scene, or the killer was so mentally deranged so as to have left a physical crime scene unlike many others, or both.

My prayer goes up this evening to God in Heaven, and it's my prayer, that the killer be brought in to the light, so that he is revealed to all, and held accountable for his actions. God, bring it to pass.

carry on.

May I ask how you believe this to be Anna, Abby and Libby. It is beautiful whoever it is . I want it to be them- just not sure.

I was looking for videos of the girls on YouTube. The date of the video (not the date it was uploaded to YT) was June 6, 2015, 2 years before the murders, and the girls look younger.

There are numerous photos of Abby with her hair up on the internet, as it is in the video.
Abby’s hair is darker than Libby’s.
Anna also has dark hair in many photos, as it is in the video.
Libby’s hair is considerably lighter.

What are the odds of 3 people named Abby, Libby and Anna singing a religious song together.

I didn't doubt it when I saw it, but if it isn’t them, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288