Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

This has been known for a while. Boots and wallet on the roof, cell phone in the leaves below.
The articles I read mention the boots and the phone being found on the roof, and her gun on the ground. As far as we know, her purse was found in the cabin. Only one source (UpNorthLive on Dec 10) claims that the purse was found on the roof.

<snip> Quintal was unemployed and receiving help from family when she made the trip north to rest and hunt, said Schendel, who has called the disappearance “perplexing.”

I think this is a weird thing to say. Like they were saying she was in need of financial help & not in a great place so she went to the cabin to “rest.” IDK, maybe it’s just me, but why did they include her being unemployed and getting help when they could have just said she went to the hunting cabin to hunt?

At first I was going to say that maybe they were hinting that she doesn't have the means to go off on her own and support herself, but LE is saying it could be a staged disappearance so that pretty much ruined my thought.

The articles I read mention the boots and the phone being found on the roof, and her gun on the ground. As far as we know, her purse was found in the cabin. Only one source (UpNorthLive on Dec 10) claims that the purse was found on the roof.
IMO they’re not a good source anyway. I know I’ve linked to them but they’re notorious for sloppy reporting.

You are required to clear customs/immigration and have your passport or nexus if you cross the border with Canada by boat FYI. You can be stopped in border waters by either country and have them ask for your passport/nexus card and you are supposed to report to a customs/immigration dock. If you have nexus - you can call/radio in and they may ask you questions and let you proceed without stopping at customs. we are near the border and always have our ID on the boat in case we accidentally cross the border but try to give it a wide berth.

So the Canada passport thing is going on and on and on. If she staged her disappearance and was headed to Canada, she was probably more than capable of walking across the border without issue. I'd say we should move 'staged and ran to Canada' into the 'least likely' column and return to it a year from now if nothing has changed. In the meantime, we would be most useful digging up any dangerous associates or identifying unusual areas she could be concealed if deceased. JMO.

I would think if she walked down the main road then entered the woods it would be difficult to track and find her.

<snip> Quintal was unemployed and receiving help from family when she made the trip north to rest and hunt, said Schendel, who has called the disappearance “perplexing.”

I think this is a weird thing to say. Like they were saying she was in need of financial help & not in a great place so she went to the cabin to “rest.” IDK, maybe it’s just me, but why did they include her being unemployed and getting help when they could have just said she went to the hunting cabin to hunt?
I caught that also. Sounds a lot like what what my grandmother used to mean when she would say someone is 'down on their luck'.
In the Brainscratch interview the sister said as much (around the 25 minute mark). She said neither Adrienne or Lundy were working and so went down to the cabin
to do some repairs and to close the cabin up for the summer. I'm guessing the family was giving them money and asked them to go down and kind
of make themselves useful or maybe the family paid them to do the repairs knowing both were out of work and needed the money.

Cliffs from the interview:
(Disregard if you have already watched)

The cabin does not have heat or wifi.
Two sided structure with an enclosed front porch,
a kitchen area and living room and then a step down with bedrooms
and a bathroom and a "michigan basement" or a walkout basement.
Bedrooms and bathroom are on the second level.
1/4 to 1/2 mile to the nearest neighbor.
One motion activated light on the outside of the cabin in the back.
This is near the window where she is believed to have exited the cabin.

At 28:25 mark, photo showing the window where she is believed to have come
out of the cabin and onto the roof. That window was open when police arrived
and said to be the easiest way to get to the roof.
Here phone and boots were found not on the slant of the roof pictured here but
on the actual top of the roof on the north side.

AQ heard noises and then decided to call the family friend. This was after attempting
to call two other people. On the call it escalated from the noises to her claiming there
were men outside.

Also noted somewhere 30 minutes in the sister says "she's still up at 2:30 in the morning.
she hears noises". "she had a space heater on inside of the house and all the lights were on."

When asked if the family friend heard any sounds on the phone from the intruders,
she says no. She only heard the sound of AQ's gun and this family friend was sure it was
her gun.

The phone call started with her hearing noises then goes to them going back and forth
on what it could possibly be. Then it escalated more from there with AQ getting more and
more panicked and then saying "I think someone is outside". She gave no reason why
someone could be after her or guess at who it was.
Just said "Oh my God, theres someone outside"
There were times during the conversation where she sat the phone down and then there are gunshots, then she came back to the phone saying "Oh my God, I shot him in the face".

No evidence of gunshots other than the shots from AQ's gun.
Six shots from the gun from the inside out and one shot to the rafters of the residence. All of the shooting was done from the kitchen/living room. She seemed to be walking back and forth and shooting from the kitchen to the living room near the window she left out of.
All shots in the same direction except for the one she shot through the rafters (could this one have been a type of warning shot?)
No indications of anyone being injured either inside or outside the cabin.

The windows of the cabin are 7 to 8 feet off the ground.
Looking at the gunshots from the window, most shots would've gone over top
of any person of average size although AQ's white car she was driving did have
one shot through a window. So at least one of those shots could've hit someone at that level.

The possibility is brought up that she may have thought someone was in the attic of the cabin. To come from the attic and into the house, one would have to let down a ladder that would come down right between the kitchen and living room space. This is right where AQ was at the time.

Her sister has the theory that she was abducted due to her gun being found on the ground in leaves. She believes AQ heard noises outside and above her in the attic and thought her best bet was to get up on the roof. Upon getting up on the roof someone could have possibly gone up there after her and either she fell off the roof , dropping her gun and they followed her or someone came on the roof after her and grabbed her making her drop her gun.

When asked if everyone was sure that Lundy was not at the cabin at that time she said that AQ texted him that night at 1:40am when she was either walking the dog or letting the dog out and said she thought she saw a cougar out near the cabin or near the road there. During this text, his phone was down near their home.

Last edited:
I caught that also. Sounds a lot like what what my grandmother used to mean when she would say someone is 'down on their luck'.
In the Brainscratch interview the sister said as much (around the 25 minute mark). She said neither Adrienne or Lundy were working and so went down to the cabin
to do some repairs and to close the cabin up for the summer. I'm guessing the family was giving them money and asked them to go down and kind
of make themselves useful or maybe the family paid them to do the repairs knowing both were out of work and needed the money.

Cliffs from the interview:
(Disregard if you have already watched)

The cabin does not have heat or wifi.
Two sided structure with an enclosed front porch,
a kitchen area and living room and then a step down with bedrooms
and a bathroom and a "michigan basement" or a walkout basement.
Bedrooms and bathroom are on the second level.
1/4 to 1/2 mile to the nearest neighbor.
One motion activated light on the outside of the cabin in the back.
This is near the window where she is believed to have exited the cabin.

At 28:25 mark, photo showing the window where she is believed to have come
out of the cabin and onto the roof. That window was open when police arrived
and said to be the easiest way to get to the roof.
Here phone and boots were found not on the slant of the roof pictured here but
on the actual top of the roof on the north side.

AQ heard noises and then decided to call the family friend. This was after attempting
to call two other people. On the call it escalated from the noises to her claiming there
were men outside.

Also noted somewhere 30 minutes in the sister says "she's still up at 2:30 in the morning.
she hears noises". "she had a space heater on inside of the house and all the lights were on."

When asked if the family friend heard any sounds on the phone from the intruders,
she says no. She only heard the sound of AQ's gun and this family friend was sure it was
her gun.

The phone call started with her hearing noises then goes to them going back and forth
on what it could possibly be. Then it escalated more from there with AQ getting more and
more panicked and then saying "I think someone is outside". She gave no reason why
someone could be after her or guess at who it was.
Just said "Oh my God, theres someone outside"
There were times during the conversation where she sat the phone down and then there are gunshots, then she came back to the phone saying "Oh my God, I shot him in the face".

No evidence of gunshots other than the shots from AQ's gun.
Six shots from the gun from the inside out and one shot to the rafters of the residence. All of the shooting was done from the kitchen/living room. She seemed to be walking back and forth and shooting from the kitchen to the living room near the window she left out of.
All shots in the same direction except for the one she shot through the rafters (could this one have been a type of warning shot?)
No indications of anyone being injured either inside or outside the cabin.

The windows of the cabin are 7 to 8 feet off the ground.
Looking at the gunshots from the window, most shots would've gone over top
of any person of average size although AQ's white car she was driving did have
one shot through a window. So at least one of those shots could've hit someone at that level.

The possibility is brought up that she may have thought someone was in the attic of the cabin. To come from the attic and into the house, one would have to let down a ladder that would come down right between the kitchen and living room space. This is right where AQ was at the time.

Her sister has the theory that she was abducted due to her gun being found on the ground in leaves. She believes AQ heard noises outside and above her in the attic and thought her best bet was to get up on the roof. Upon getting up on the roof someone could have possibly gone up there after her and either she fell off the roof , dropping her gun and they followed her or someone came on the roof after her and grabbed her making her drop her gun.

When asked if everyone was sure that Lundy was not at the cabin at that time she said that AQ texted him that night at 1:40am when she was either walking the dog or letting the dog out and said she thought she saw a cougar out near the cabin or near the road there. During this text, his phone was down near their home.
Does anything support somebody familiar with her gun, counting shots then rushing her while empty on roof? did she have 2 guns? any loaded rifles or other guns found.? Thinking if she was set up by you know who, he knew her revolver held 6 shots and she had no box ammo cause he took it?

Does anything support somebody familiar with her gun, counting shots then rushing her while empty on roof? did she have 2 guns? any loaded rifles or other guns found.? Thinking if she was set up by you know who, he knew her revolver held 6 shots and she had no box ammo cause he took it?
I think her sister said in an interview that she had more ammo at the cabin.

Interesting thought for sure, but to me, it would be awfully risky to play "dodgeball" with 6 bullets coming at you.

I think her sister said in an interview that she had more ammo at the cabin.
This is the point that causes me to rethink this whole case. She is alone in the cabin, two men outside. There are no shots fired in to the cabin, and no apparent attempts at forced entry. Yet she does not reload! Instead she heads to the roof and abandons her safe refuge. Why didn't she reload and call 911? She appears to have done the exact opposite of what any sane person would have done.

After taking a break from this case for a few days, I am now wondering if she just wandered off in a state of deluded and paranoid.

...After taking a break from this case for a few days, I am now wondering if she just wandered off in a state of deluded and paranoid.

I read this thread daily but haven't posted because I feel like we are going around in circles due to limited information from LE. It's frustrating to not have any updates and, seemingly, little or no progress in the case. Adrienne has been missing for two months. Her family and friends deserve answers to her whereabouts. Praying that Ada is found soon.

Adrienne was not receiving workers comp. After the injury and surgeries in 2015, she was released to work. She then had a (great) job for a short time-not long enough to be eligible for any benefits. But, she’s always been resourceful and never really required much. Whether she lived in Warren or Bloomfield. If she had $10 and someone needed $9.50, it was theirs. It’s never been a concern for her that she was left with only 50 cents. I’ll say it again, she’s extremely intelligent, sometimes to a fault. One seemingly simple idea can turn into a multi-faceted engineering feat that can have others shaking their heads at the extended complexity of the final plan/idea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back