TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right?!

okay, so I don’t think it’s been explained but for sake of argument: he thought she was next door. (And therefore thought she and baby were safe.) Was he not at all concerned about his son’s whereabouts? (This is assuming the son was typically at school all day.) or did he assume son walked home alone, got a ride, she got a ride, or she walked to get him with a newborn in tow?
I had assumed as someone else stated, can't remember who, but a local like me mentioned after school care. It is a program for working parents where their kids can play, have snacks, do homework, and be supervised until parents come to get them and normally runs until 6pm so kids have a safe place while their parents get finished with work and can pick them up. My daughter was in the program. She loved it. Maybe the boy was in this program too. If not, this IS a red flag.

This screenshot clearly shows him looking at his phone after taking it out of his pocket. View attachment 220594

It is right at the beginning. Reporter states:

“Tell me...about your day...” Phone starts ringing. SC grins and sighs when it starts ringing. Dad reaches for it in the wrong pocket. Reporter says, “It’s okay. You can answer it.” SC replies, “I don't care about the phone.”, as he reaching in pocket. He pulls it out and shuts it off. Pulling it out and shutting it off was on second.

Most have to look at the phone to shut it off. Clearly he did not care that his phone was ringing. It did not appear that he looked long enough to likely register who was calling.

And once again, who cares who is calling? Any call could be news he is desperate to hear.

If son was in after school care until 6 then that explains it. Many people with a newborn utilize this in order to not be overwhelmed. So she wouldn’t be expected to pick up son until 6 when the school called. If she was expected to pick up the son earlier at say 3:00, the school would have called wayyyyy before 6:00. Moo

Our after school care doesn’t call until the parent is 15-20 minutes late. Even if they called immediately at closing time, she would have needed to come home, change the baby and get her car to go get him. The guy wasn’t concerned when none of that happened? It didn’t make him wonder? It’s weird.

I found it peculiar SC felt an urgent need to search dumpsters for clues. (Linked in previous articles/videos)
Hmmm, yes, same here. Dumpsters. That could be telling, IMO, but it also could be just the next thing to do. Just to cover the bases on a missing case, the sooner the better on dumpsters. Just one day's dumping is a lot of stuff to look through, especially when checking multiple locations.
When you're low on clues or leads for "What next?" or "Where next?" or "Who's next?" perhaps dumpsters aren't such a bad idea, IMO.
What's next after dumpsters? Bodies of water? If a backyard, basement, attic, or car trunk for blood evidence, etc., it's probable cause/warrant time for those, IMO).
It's briefly being covered now by Lester Holt on NBC News at 6:30pm EST.

Last edited:
I think that the first evening, when you don't really know what's happening and have to explain everything to police, it seems a bit early to be looking for 'clues' in dumpsters, and a very unusual choice of where to look. I don't know what was going through his mind to think of it, I just think it's a very unusual choice.

Was it the first evening? I don't know.

In his interviews he said he felt helpless and didn't know where to look. In an apartment complex, the dumpsters should be checked, imo. However, he didn't say anything about combing the complex grounds, which I would do and insist the police do, as well. Doesn't mean he didn't but he didn't mention it remains a question mark.

If son was in after school care until 6 then that explains it. Many people with a newborn utilize this in order to not be overwhelmed. So she wouldn’t be expected to pick up son until 6 when the school called. If she was expected to pick up the son earlier at say 3:00, the school would have called wayyyyy before 6:00. Moo

Yes but he was home and she didn’t have her car. So by 6, when she wasn’t there rushing in saying, “Oh my gosh! Sorry I was at the neighbor’s for over four hours with no diapers, wipes or bottles, I’m late to pick up S. Can you take the baby while I get him?”, why in the absolute hell is HE not the one calling the school to see if she has been there. He knows what time his kid comes home. He knows his partner doesn’t have her car. He claims he thought she was at a neighbor’s. Yet obviously did not walk over there to check.

I wish at least one of the reporters had asked what he was doing between 1:40 and 6:00.

And, not asking the right questions either, IMHO. Someone needs to ask him to explain his Thursday afternoon, you know, when he came home found the door open, all HB's things there, she and the baby goodness knows where, knows her car is in the parking lot, but isn't concerned at say 5:30 pm that she's not back to get the car and pick up "their" son before 6 pm? Now THAT'S a question that needs to be asked, I would think. Just sayin'.

Yes!!!!

IMO all of the story and actions so far seem reasonable if you have it in the right context.

Not too concerned at 2 because she does normally walk over to neighbors (he stated this), for example.

Didn’t worry about his son because he’s scheduled to be in the after school program until 5:30 or 6:00 (completely hypothetical this is not what he said), another example.

Checking dumpsters because he watches crime shows (hypothetical again).

My point is, there is nothing over the top that concludes anything at this point.

I have my own thoughts of course. But there is no POI yet so we can’t say much.

Hopefully after the PC we will have more freedom to discuss the actions that may lean towards something nefarious. And we can openly sleuth. Waiting...

I think that the first evening, when you don't really know what's happening and have to explain everything to police, it seems a bit early to be looking for 'clues' in dumpsters, and a very unusual choice of where to look. I don't know what was going through his mind to think of it, I just think it's a very unusual choice.

I think looking in dumpsters was a bit premature. Iirc, he said he was looking for her car keys and/or phone. No idea why he would think either might be in a complex dumpster.
Surely LE viewed a lot of footage of SC maneuvering around the apartment common areas & have been able to verify his timeline.

I don't do Pinterest except for looking at links at WS.

But based on Pinterest Heidi was interested in marriage as there are 4 areas about weddings on her Pinterest and several are among her most active threads.
I noticed that too. Wedding dresses, Wedding décor, Bridesmaid dresses... Makes me sad. :( MOO

Yes but he was home and she didn’t have her car. So by 6, when she wasn’t there rushing in saying, “Oh my gosh! Sorry I was at the neighbor’s for over four hours with no diapers, wipes or bottles, I’m late to pick up S. Can you take the baby while I get him?”, why in the absolute hell is HE not the one calling the school to see if she has been there. He knows what time his kid comes home. He knows his partner doesn’t have her car. He claims he thought she was at a neighbor’s. Yet obviously did not walk over there to check.

I wish at least one of the reporters had asked what he was doing between 1:40 and 6:00.
Good questions. I’d like to ask him myself. Sounds like if he is indeed innocent then he really is not involved much nor a very caring/concerned person, or he was drunk/high/asleep. Who knows???

IMO all of the story and actions so far seem reasonable if you have it in the right context.

Not too concerned at 2 because she does normally walk over to neighbors (he stated this), for example.

Didn’t worry about his son because he’s scheduled to be in the after school program until 5:30 or 6:00 (completely hypothetical this is not what he said), another example.

Checking dumpsters because he watches crime shows (hypothetical again).

My point is, there is nothing over the top that concludes anything at this point.

I have my own thoughts of course. But there is no POI yet so we can’t say much.

Hopefully after the PC we will have more freedom to discuss the actions that may lean towards something nefarious. And we can openly sleuth. Waiting...

Not too concerned until 6 hours have passed because she often goes to the neighbor’s with no purse, no diaper bag, and leaving her car or home open? I mean not too concerned at 1:40 PM when he first walked in the door makes sense. But for six whole hours after to not be concerned and call the cops? And not to be concerned about how she was supposed to pick up their son from daycare when she’s not there but the car is? How is that reasonable? How does that make sense?

It is right at the beginning. Reporter states:

“Tell me...about your day...” Phone starts ringing. SC grins and sighs when it starts ringing. Dad reaches for it in the wrong pocket. Reporter says, “It’s okay. You can answer it.” SC replies, “I don't care about the phone.”, as he reaching in pocket. He pulls it out and shuts it off. Pulling it out and shutting it off was on second.

Most have to look at the phone to shut it off. Clearly he did not care that his phone was ringing. It did not appear that he looked long enough to likely register who was calling.

And once again, who cares who is calling? Any call could be news he is desperate to hear.

EXACTLY. Thank you.

That screenshot is hardly representative.

I'm being diligent in not drawing conclusions and exploring all possibilities and, taking that into account, I don't find it odd. I find it grim as in he's considered the worst (I'm like that so can relate).
And with this, he ran the risk of contaminating possible evidence.

Beyond that, he stated he was searching for her keys. YMMV: but if I were concerned for my newborn and SO, I would have qualified my search reason: for my missing persons. Not the keys.

Note: I’m not accusing. I am simply noting his own words and actions

edit

Last edited:
Okay, that's right about grilling the leftover lunch after 6PM. Forgot that.

How does his timeline change?
RSBBM
Watch and listen to all of the interviews/statements. Here are a few examples:

6AM- wakes up and snoozes alarm (Fox interview)

6:15- wakes up and starts morning routine (Fox and ABC)

6:30- wakes up children and HB (ABC and Fox)

6:40- wakes up children and HB (stated first in Fox interview) states they had a late start

6:40- leaves for work - last time sees HB

7:30-7:45- HB calls- discuss $25 dollars she spent on 3 books- last time made contact (ABC)

8AM- HB calls- they talk about book fair (CBS, ABC)

8:15-8:30- H calls sometime after 8 after book fair- probably around 8:15 (Fox)

1PM- leaves work

1:40- arrives home and calls HB. Her phone is off.

2PM- comes home, HB and baby are missing but everything else is inside house (CBS)

2PM-comes home, HB and baby are gone, car door is unlocked, everything is home but HB and baby, her keys and phone- those are gone (ABC)

*This changes even more as regards where her purse was (home/car/home).

Sometime after 2- School calls for son to be picked up- when she isn’t home after he returns, he calls police (ABC)

Sometime after 2- Picks son up from daycare and heats up his lunch. Then calls his dad, her friends, then the police (Fox)

7:15-7:30- called police (Fox)

7:30- Police arrive.

Last edited:
ABC World News Tonight with David Muir had a spot on this case. Short video of SC and said LE was being tight lipped. Showed a couple pics of SC with the baby and Heidi, SC when baby was born. Nothing new.

Good questions. I’d like to ask him myself. Sounds like if he is indeed innocent then he really is not involved much nor a very caring/concerned person, or he was drunk/high/asleep. Who knows???

That’s the only reasonable explanation. Too bad not one reporter asked him that. I’m assuming the cops did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa