TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right?!

okay, so I don’t think it’s been explained but for sake of argument: he thought she was next door. (And therefore thought she and baby were safe.) Was he not at all concerned about his son’s whereabouts? (This is assuming the son was typically at school all day.) or did he assume son walked home alone, got a ride, she got a ride, or she walked to get him with a newborn in tow?

It just seems so flippant. Casual. Detached. “absolutely nothing weird amiss”

MOO: it seems like there was greater concern over $25 than the whereabouts of wife, baby and the young son.

...and I suppose different strokes - this may be the way they roll. And marking my spot to follow.

You make me think about something. He keeps bringing up the $25. That was clearly a BIG deal. And he spoke to her by phone less than an hour and a half after he left for work. And they talked about money and books.

Doesn’t sound like an uninvolved and nonchalant dad to me. Why would they be connecting quickly after he left the house and have the type of relationship where they talk that soon after they part ways but then he’s unconcerned when his partner and newborn baby are gone for HOURS with no diaper bag, no purse, no car, no calls, no texts, phone is off?

So I’m scratching of he’s an uninvolved, uncaring mate as an excuse for why he wasn’t alarmed and failed to call the cops for six hours. What’s left is he possibly came home exhausted and passed out. Or drank and passed out.

Still, that doesn’t explain why he waited for an entire hour after being awake to call cops, under those circumstances. Because now you know it’s been five hours of no contact, mom and baby gone with no diaper bag, no purse, no car. Son wasn’t picked up by mom and school had to call dad (which he omits from a couple of interviews). But you still ditz around. Make food for your kid. Call your dad.

Super concerned about $25 but not the disappearance of partner and newborn.

RSBBM
Watch and listen to all of the interviews/statements. Here are a few examples:

6AM- wakes up and snoozes alarm (Fox interview)

6:15- wakes up and starts morning routine (Fox and ABC)

6:30- wakes up children and HB (ABC and Fox)

6:40- wakes up children and HB (stated first in Fox interview) states they had a late start

6:40- leaves for work - last time sees HB

7:30-7:45- HB calls- discuss $25 dollars she spent on 3 books- last time made contact (ABC)

8AM- HB calls- they talk about book fair (CBS, ABC)

8:15-8:30- H calls sometime after 8 after book fair- probably around 8:15 (Fox)

1PM- leaves work

1:40- arrives home and calls HB. Her phone is off.

2PM- comes home, HB and baby are missing but everything else is inside house (CBS)

2PM-comes home, HB and baby are gone, car door is unlocked, everything is home but HB and baby, her keys and phone- those are gone (ABC)

*This changes even more as regards where her purse was (home/car/home).

Sometime after 2- School calls for son to be picked up- when she isn’t home after he returns, he calls police (ABC)

Sometime after 2- Picks son up from daycare and heats up his lunch. Then calls his dad, her friends, then the police (Fox)

7:15-7:30- called police (Fox)

7:30- Police arrive.

RSBM- oh yes, and don't forget that she got up and made lunch .. I guess that must have been at 6:40.

6:40- wakes up children and HB (stated first in Fox interview) states they had a late start

I noticed that too. Wedding dresses, Wedding décor, Bridesmaid dresses... Makes me sad. :( MOO

If this is a domestic situation, that might be the trigger. Engaged a while she wants to plan the wedding he keeps putting her off, maybe saying after the baby is born- and it got to a point where she either wanted a wedding and threatened to leave or he thought he didn’t have any other option because he ran out of excuses. Purely hypothetical and JMO but We’ve seen situations like this before.

Yes but he was home and she didn’t have her car. So by 6, when she wasn’t there rushing in saying, “Oh my gosh! Sorry I was at the neighbor’s for over four hours with no diapers, wipes or bottles, I’m late to pick up S. Can you take the baby while I get him?”, why in the absolute hell is HE not the one calling the school to see if she has been there. He knows what time his kid comes home. He knows his partner doesn’t have her car. He claims he thought she was at a neighbor’s. Yet obviously did not walk over there to check.

I wish at least one of the reporters had asked what he was doing between 1:40 and 6:00.

I think he was stoned or drunk and asleep during much of that time. I'm not convinced he's guilty of doing something to mother and/or baby, but he is definitely acting shifty. It would be very interesting to know more about his background. Has he encountered CPS before? If so, he wouldn't want it getting out that he's sound asleep or stoned when his child's school calls him.

I don't think we yet have verification that the apartment door was left wide open. I think that was in msm but they were reporting what a friend of the family had said, and they probably only got a garbled and panicked version of checking the house and the car, and the door was open, and she's missing and I can't find her, and her purse is here, and I called police, and my kid's crying, and...

So they've interpreted it as the apartment door being wide open, but the only time I think he's mentioned it in a media interview he says the car door was unlocked, and that he didn't discover that until he went to the car to go to the school to pick up their son.

I'm more interested in whether Heidi's belongings were all in one place, and whether that was the apartment or the car, or if maybe some were in the apartment and some were still in the car?

Maybe with the baby, in or out of a carseat, she had to make two trips and some items were taken back to the apartment but some were still in the car?

Where would she go with the baby and her phone but nothing else? The laundry is a good suggestion. Maybe the mailbox (he said her keys are also missing and that the mailbox key is on the set of keys). I would have thought if she'd popped to the store that she'd take her purse. I would have thought if she was going for coffee at a friend's that she'd take the phone and a baby bag for if the baby needed cleaning up or changing? I don't really know what new moms take around with them.
Good post. A mom is in charge of input and output foremost. Diapers... definitely. Are we assuming the baby is bottle fed. Dad says something about the baby needing fed.

I really "like" this!

Do the posts indicate "when" those posts were made? Recently, or a couple years ago?
I used to be able to tell but they have changed Pinterest so much I don't know anymore. I thought someone in KB's thread figured it out and I wish I could remember who that was. Hopefully, they're reading here! MOO

Last edited:
I don't usually wander over to the non-UK threads but after reading through every page of this case so far, I am desperately wanting to know this lady and her baby will soon be found safe and well. There is so much confusion surrounding this entire situation so far, I really don't know what to think. As another poster said, I will be waiting for the presser in hopes that LE will give more information or clarify certain things we've heard so far. It's very late here and I'm very tired, so I don't want to say too much as I'll end up not making sense. But I must admit, I watched the raw footage interview of the fiancée and all I could think was "oh my god, I'd be exactly the same". I have anxiety and suffer panic attacks and the looking at the ground, swaying, not knowing what to do with his hands/whether to hold the phone are all things that I'd be doing in his situation too. I'm not saying that this says anything about his innocence or guilt in this situation, just that a lot of people are commenting about those things being odd or potentially suspicious but in my own experience, I'd be like that even if I had nothing to hide. I know it's a completely different situation but with regards to the smiling and laughter in the raw footage - I recently got married and giggled uncontrollably all the way through the vows because I was a bag of nerves - I also laughed because of nerves in a very serious situation a few years ago and actually got physically assaulted because of it - I was laughing because I was so terrified, not because anything that was happening was funny whatsoever. I think what I'm trying to say is that people respond to immense stress or pressure in many different ways. I'm hoping that the fiancée is not involved in the disappearance but keeping a completely open mind until more information comes to light. All I know is that I want Heidi and her baby to be found safe and sound and I hope the other children and the dog are being cared for and supported right now.

Good post. A mom is in charge of input and output foremost. Diapers... definitely. Are we assuming the baby is bottle fed. Dad says something about the baby needing fed.
Not sure where I read it but something I read said she was breastfeeding which if true makes it even more odd of a statement. JMO

edited to add JMO

Okay. He works for a moving company so he's probably tired when he gets home. Maybe crashes, maybe smokes a joint or drinks a beer and then crashes. Oh, but he did say he grilled his son's lunch so we know that much. Maybe they watched TV together.

His lunch from school that day? I wouldn’t cook my kid food for dinner that had been in her lunch box since the morning. That’s pretty gross.

About Heidi's car being there when he returned home from work :
This means if she left, let's say, to a friend's --- she was walking. With a baby.
So why not take the diaper bag and phone ?
Even if she was in the same apt. building ?

So did he go around the place knocking on doors of friends ?
Did they have many friends that lived close enough ?

And if she went off in a car with a friend, she still would've taken the diaper bag and her purse/phone.
Just curious why he didn't get worried sooner.
Maybe he took a nap and thought she really was out with a friend.
If he thought she was out, he might not have looked for her purse , phone , or the diaper bag-- he would assume she had those with her.

I would have called around to other friends of hers and started to get worried .
Or at least a little annoyed at first-- as in --"What ? You left to go shopping and didn't remember your phone and baby's diaper bag ? What were you thinking?"

But Heidi strikes me as a caring mom and maybe that's why SC thinks she was taken ?

Maybe a man thinks differently and is less paranoid than some women.

I believe her phone is gone. At least that was my impression and I don't want to re-watch those videos. He said tried to call her (around 1;40, I think) and her phone was off.

I definitely think guys are not as quick to worry as women.

I know a lot of this looks bad. I want to be clear that I see that but also want to remain open minded in the absence of more evidence.

I can see something like his coming home from work around 2PM, after he'd called before and got no answer. He sees her car in the lot and thinks nothing of it. Enters the apartment and she's not home and he thinks she's at the neighbor's. Maybe he showers, grabs something to eat and naps for a while. Wakes up, she's still not home. Right there I would expect he calls a friend or two looking for her. Did he do that? I don't know. Then he gets a call from the school or daycare, picks up his son, returns home, sees her purse in the unlocked (which he noted as not right) car and calls police.

I’d like to hear from the friend who SC thought Heidi was visiting. Do they visit often? Does she know SC or have insight into their family life?
I wonder the same. She’s noticeably staying mum, which is good for LE, imo.

I’d like to know at what time he decided to check the dumpsters for the car keys. Surely some of the dumpsters are on cam/video. I can’t even imagine why he would think he’d find clues or the keys in the dumpsters. It makes me wonder if he was seen at several dumpsters and needed to cover his tracks. Jmo

RSBM- oh yes, and don't forget that she got up and made lunch .. I guess that must have been at 6:40.

Yep. Even this list doesn't include all of the details (e.g. water)!

I used to be able to tell but they have changed Pinterest so much, I don't know anymore. I thought someone in KB's thread figured it out and I wish I could remember who that was. Hopefully, they're reading here! MOO

@PommyMommy fwiw Pinterest used to show how long ago a pin was created right on the pin, but they stopped displaying that information around 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle