TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duh, I didn't realize there was a new, open thread until early afternoon. :rolleyes:
I noticed that too. Wedding dresses, Wedding décor, Bridesmaid dresses... Makes me sad. :( MOO
I think HB also has an Etsy account. I can't link since I'm not 100% sure it's her in the picture. If it is it's a bit old since it shows her location as Louisiana. But that user also has wedding dresses (and dog collars) listed under her favorite shops.
Vinoo Varghese on Twitter
Watch Vinoo tonight at 7 pm EST on @InsideEdition breaking down #ShaneCarey's bizarre interviews in the wake of his missing wife & baby's disappearance. Is this #GoneGirl all over again?
#HeidiBroussard #MissingPerson #Austin
5:28 PM - 16 Dec 2019

Yes, @Synergizer Bunny, the presser is tomorrow at 1 p.m. CST. Sorry, I should have included the time zone.
I'm still confused over the timeline starting around 2 pm. The Inside Edition article posted today says:

He returned home around 1 or 2 p.m. and couldn’t get a hold of her, he said. Carey said he assumed she had gone to a friend’s home and wasn’t picking up her phone.

He later got a call from her son’s elementary school, letting him know that the boy hadn’t been picked up yet. When Carey returned home after picking up her son, Broussard and their daughter still weren’t home and he got worried, he said.

That evening, he said, he filed a police report after learning no one had spoken to her all day. He even went to a T-Mobile store in an attempt to retrieve her phone records, CBS Austin reported.

What Happened to Texas Mom Heidi Broussard and Her 2-Week-Old Daughter Margot?
That sounds like the school called to tell him his son wasn't picked up after school. But other msm articles put the time at around 6 pm.

Why on earth wouldn't a single reporter ask SC when exactly he picked up his son - after school or after the school's day care program? That's a 3+ hours spread. And why didn't SC volunteer the time since he was pretty specific about the other times; 6:40, 7:30, 8:15, 1:40, 2 pm...

One other flag to me was his mention of giving HB, the baby and the son kisses (reported a couple days back I'll try and find the link) and telling them he loved them. But mainly because I remember from another case Lonna B saying in an interview that she told Lonzie she loved him when in reality Lonzie was deceased, so it may not apply here. IOW I get suspicious when someone claims to be a good parent or makes sure to note they expressed love to the missing person. May mean nothing so MOO.

And again, taking both mother and baby makes little sense in most scenarios and taking the baby in particular seems to be very personal. Would a stranger do that? MOO.

Did Heidi work as a waitress at Cracker Barrel? If so SC might be feeling a bit of a financial pinch without her daily tips. The one nearest me is non stop filled to capacity and wait staff that I know claim to do very well, tip wise.
Was he agitated she bought books?
I am not accusing him of anything. Merely commenting.

He certainly seemed agitated about the books. Every time he mentioned them his interview went off the rails even further.

Whoa. "Come clean" about what? He said he thought shed gone to a neighbor's. How does that equate to being a **** or not being wonderful or loving?

Come clean about what he could’ve been doing, if he was being irresponsible like drinking, or sleeping instead of making sure his missing family is okay. That’s how I took it.

Well, no reporter asked him or he may have said.

What does "whatever" mean?

Whatever means drinking or something, as someone else posted could be a reason he didn’t take action for 6 hours.

Can someone please link to a verified source that the apartment door was OPEN upon Shane returning around 2 pm?

See below.

Yes - that's why I didn't post a screenshot. It's definitely not LE (so quiet) or MSM. Even the media reports are all over the place locally. And probably nationally. Sad fact of this type of story.

But the media are reporting on it so we get to discuss it. However, LE hasn’t confirmed so take it with a grain of salt:

“In addition to the details provided by police, her friends say online that when Broussard’s husband arrived home, her vehicle, purse and baby bag were all there but the door was wide open and she and the baby were missing. Police have not confirmed that.”
Police still looking for mom, infant last seen in south Austin

Hi, this is my first Webslueths post. I was just informed I shouldn't have posted what I did about a FB so I edited. I hope this beautiful Mother and baby are found safe.

Last edited:
The only thing about the books from a school book fair that surprised me was:: 3 books for the boy cost $25! That sounds to me like a lot of money for 3 books. (And aren't they usually paperback?) But I haven't been to a book fair in a while. But that stood out to me. I agree, that may come back into the picture as a point of contention. JMO
Book Fairs these days are a racket...lol. We paid similar the first year our kid was in school but I had to limit them after that or I’d need a loan from the bank.

I believe him and I say it without comparing him to recent events, trials, etc.

But, if I were to compare his statements, physical, visual and emotional reactions - his are absolutely NOTHING like Watts' in any way, shape or form.

When you say, "I believe him," which of his versions of events is it that you believe?

Here's what I believe:
I believe that SC is distressed/upset.
I believe his tears are real.

Tears can be indicative of any number of emotions, though, including but not limited to:
  • Grief
  • Remorse
  • Regret
  • Self-Pity
  • Anxiety
  • Anger
So, while I believe SC's displays of emotion are genuine, I do not believe his accounting of everything that happened that day is truthful.

That's why I think so many of us are having such mixed reactions to watching his interviews:
I think we're getting an extremely confusing blend of fact and fiction.
Mixed messages result in mixed reactions.
Hard to reconcile what our eyes are seeing with what our ears are hearing.

JMO.

Last edited:
Excellent question!

Thanks. Honestly if I genuinely thought someone was visiting a friend across the complex and they didn’t come back, the first thing I would do is walk over to check! Especially in this case where he apparently talked to his dad who said to wait a bit longer to see if she turned up (if I’m understanding this all correctly!). Walking over to check would be the best thing to do while waiting a bit longer to call the cops...

RBBM
His son wasn't with him when he got home at 1:40 or 2, though. (His timeline keeps changing.)

SC didn't pick him up until the after school program called him to say that HB hadn't gotten him - sometime after 6pm. (Sources vary on exact time.)

So, maybe he smokes a joint, drinks, crashes, watches TV. Or whatever.

There is still a yet unexplained window of time that is approximately 4 hours long.

However, we're given a highly detailed explanation of the morning hours, to include drinking/getting a glass of water.

Odd to me.

Very good point. Why is everything else so detailed but that period is just...blank.

Did he try calling her repeatedly during that time?

Did he try texting during that time?

Did he walk over to her friend’s in the complex?

Did he call any friends? Text any friends looking?

Did he have a glass of water?

Did he take a nap? For four hours?

We know after that period he grilled his son’s lunch when they got home. We know he called his dad after that window of time. We know he called her friends after he picked up his son.

We know before that period he got ready in half an hour, drank a glass of water, let his family sleep, got them up, kissed them goodbye, left for work, spoke with Heidi by phone, heard about the $25 on books (but that was okay).

The middle four hours between two and six are...very very blank.

Admittedly, I have only skimmed a few posts and seen bits of msm. I am wondering if anyone thinks she was targeted to kidnap the baby. If she had a regular schedule bringing her child to school daily someone could have befriended her at the school and followed her home. If she opened the door to someone she recognized that could explain the door being left open....

I just have a gut feeling someone wanted that baby and may have harmed Heidi to get the infant. Especially being a newborn.

My husband has a habit of looking down or to the side while he recalls his day to you. I have to remind him to make eye contact with others he is talking with. They have no idea he has pushed some mental video in his mind and is viewing it as he talks to them.
Exactly...we all have our own way of doing things and reacting. I have no idea where I look, or if I sway back and forth. Unless it's pointed out by someone how would I know. I don't talk to myself in front of a mirror. Maybe I'll check it out..lol!!

I found it peculiar SC felt an urgent need to search dumpsters for clues. (Linked in previous articles/videos)

Im way behind but I had to chime in here. That bothers me a lot. So, he’s now basically admitted to leaving DNA all over dumpsters. He said he was looking for her keys, I just don’t get how that’s helpful. Now he has an excuse though for why his DNA is there though.

If my SO and infant are missing I’m sitting at the police station letting them do anything and everything to clear me so they don’t waste time on me and focus elsewhere. I honestly don’t know if I could leave LE for any reason until they were found or I had answers. JMO

As a school librarian and someone who is in the middle of hosting a book fair right now, I have to say I will be heartbroken if her purchase led to something nefarious (as will all of us...).

I do feel as if he is very focused on those books, but it could be because it was the last conversation he had with her and he is just going over it again and again in his head.

The most recent picture I have of me and the hubs was taken five years ago. And the second most recent was probably five years before that. And none posted anywhere.
Social media patterns can vary on a lot of different factors IMO. The missing victim here seemed to have family that was not from the immediate area (HB family is from LA) so social media and sharing pictures of the children on FB and other platforms might have been the easiest and most cost effective way to share milestones and updates with a family in different locations.

MOO

Body Language of a Guilty Suspect: Interrogation

slideshow review of body language referring to interrogation, seems like common sense but interesting nonetheless. I hope something comes out soon - none of that day adds up whatsoever. Lets be real here, shes full on missing with a newborn, her phone would never be off nor would Heidi risk being unable to reach out for help or be unavailable nor leave her son and family left to worry. We all know something horrible has occurred, but by who is the question still, and it wasn't on Heidi's own accord.

He deserves the benefit of the doubt, as anyone does. Aside from that, the laughing/smiling, in this case, would not, only apply in the case of innocence.

Laughter can be a defense that protects the trauma survivor from feeling the depth of their actual pain.
Many survivors believe that if they don't laugh about their experiences they will connect with intense feelings of rage, despair, disappointment, or sadness. The deeper fear is that that they will be flooded and overwhelmed if those emotions are identified and fully felt. Feeling deeply is often associated with a loss of control. Laughter keeps the pain at arm’s length.

Something may have happened that he regrets and he's in emotional distress about it. No way to know, at this point. We do know, from that video breakdown I did, that he's emotional and brushes it off with laughing.

True, if that's the case. As you said, there's really no way to know for sure at this point. I'm sure at one point down the road it will all make sense, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa