TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been by WS in a bit (real life has been a mad cavalcade of deadlines since August), but this story grabbed my attention, and I've been following along for a few days now. It's bananas that they've been gone 5 days and we've not heard very much at all, so I'm hoping the PC today will shed some light on things.

I want to believe in the BF's innocence, but his inconsistencies and body language are twigging me to... something. The way he talks about Heidi and the kids is strange, too - I'd expect that from a newspaper blurb or a stranger. The way he puts out the timeline is making me suspicious as well. (Then again, most people don't do well on severe stress and sleep deprivation, and aren't trained public speakers.) Maybe I've been burnt out by the Shanann Watts case.

We southerners grill sandwiches all the time.:p Ya'll don't know what your missing until you try one .
Ha!,we grill year round too -we’ve never let rain or snow interfere with that.

but... I’m considering whether he meant grill as on: a griddle/electric skillet. (?)

I’m also trying to consider what food I’d consider reheating that has sat so long. I. Can’t.

I suppose in the big scheme these are minutiae. My bigger issues revolve around what her day was like after she left the school. Is there any CCTV that accounts for her activities? When did she arrive home? (Like Kelsey Berreth) (and: Did she really arrive home?) Who did she last communicate with before her phone shut off? Has her son been interviewed at this point?

And then the details of his full day- between the hours of her leaving the book fair and his call to 9-1-1.

I have a question that has been smoldering inside of me. Have there been ANY video please from HER family? I have seen the partner/fiance and his father but no word from her family yet? If my daughters ever went missing, I would be camping out at the police station. I would be wearing the same clothes and looking sleep deprived and crying ugly tears. I feel like there should be an appeal from her family to find her and bring her home. If I missed an interview, please hit me up with a link. This is getting so weird. I hope we hear something more. Each hour that passes points to a bad outcome, IMO.

It will be interesting to see who in the families, if any, will be standing up for the presser at 1 pm. Her mom? Her boyfriend? etc. We know that her family has been in town - yet no sign of them standing with the boyfriend yet.

Another thought on ppd/ wandering off to harm oneself. Would they not have found her by now? She doesn’t appear to live in a super rural area, how far would she have gotten on foot with a baby if her plan was to cause them harm?

I’m really leaning in the direction of foul play, as many appear to be. MOO

I also think foul play is involved.

If so, I believe both victims were taken from their home in the suspect's vehicle.

Jmhoo

OMG thank yoooou Mods for opening this thread back up. Thank you @Tricia for giving specifics on what exactly is allowed to be said.

Here is something I’m very concerned about (for lack of a better term):

I’m only a few seconds into this video and I find it odd that his cell phone is ringing and he doesn’t even look at it. Sure it could be an unimportant call, but it could also be Heidi, the police calling with information, a hospital calling. This to me is one of the biggest flags yet - he says “I don’t care about the phone”, doesn’t even look at it. Sure the media interview is important if he’s trying to get the word out but YKWIM.

He may look at his phone later in the video, as I said I’m only a minute in but can somebody please give a reasonable explanation as to why you wouldn’t even LOoK at your phone in a situation like this. I would be GLUED to be phone jumping at every single call. Moo.

Video:
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out
I thought the same thing! If my loved ones were missing I would be glued to my phone! It could be her or any other important info person about them! Just a normal knee jerk reaction to see who it was would be normal, and under these circumstances could be crucial!
Another oddity. jmo

I totally agree with you. If he was to say nothing and lawyer up we would all think that was suspicious. If he just made short statements we would also tear those to shreds. But 16 minute long interviews that seems extreme and so easy to make multiple slip ups. Even if you are innocent I feel like a 16 minute interview when you are nervous, worried and sleep deprived could make you a very easy target jmo

Agree 1000% with this assessment.

Just don't know...
Agree that some of the things he's said in his interviews do seem suspicious, but I'm still not 100% sure of his guilt.
Nice looking guy, could be a bit awkward verbally and socially, comes across as a non aggressive weed smoker type, so maybe its because I want him to be innocent
For some reason I do too. :(

Does anyone know why ( not wonder why, in honor of Margarita 25:)) when they moved from Louisiana? I have my reasons for asking, but can not say at the moment. Maybe later in the day.

according to the full interview he gave, they moved from Louisiana five years ago when his dad got cancer. I'm curious your thoughts..

Does anyone know why ( not wonder why, in honor of Margarita 25:)) when they moved from Louisiana? I have my reasons for asking, but can not say at the moment. Maybe later in the day.
IIRC, he said they moved to Austin area 4-5 years ago. He even commented that he was from there and went to Oleander HS. He said they moved from Louisiana where all of her family live. Hope this helps as it was one of the many interviews.

Oh, I hadn't realized her mom had been staying with them up until the day before her disappearance, I somehow missed that info.

More odd now that mom isn't saying anything publicly.

I don't know why, but I keep having this feeling that maybe she ran to escape an abusive situation. I had a friend who did this because she knew she could never leave her husband without him killing her, so she ran and started a new life. She never contacted me or as far as I know anyone else from her former life, to stay safe from him. At least that would be a better scenario than if they were deceased. Maybe her family knows things they are not disclosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304