TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but I keep having this feeling that maybe she ran to escape an abusive situation. I had a friend who did this because she knew she could never leave her husband without him killing her, so she ran and started a new life. She never contacted me or as far as I know anyone else from her former life, to stay safe from him. At least that would be a better scenario than if they were deceased. Maybe her family knows things they are not disclosing.

Did she leave her purse behind? That and the diaper bag pull me away from this option, as much as I want it to be true. You can't start a new life without your ID. Not in this day and age.

I found his little grins and chuckles when he was talking about Heidi as fond remembrances.
Like he was thinking back.
It's just how it struck me, at first blush.

Is it odd that it was reported to be a "normal day/morning" aside from the fact that it was Heidi's first day taking Margot along on the morning school run?

Seems their entire morning would have had to be different, as if Margot usually remained at home, who stayed home to watch her? The fiance I imagine? So did he leave for work earlier than usual that day? Therefore did he arrive home earlier than usual too?

The timing of their disappearance coinciding with the first day of a schedule/routine change seems oddly coincidental.

JMO
Reading about this case for the first time and from what little I have gathered so far, these points are really striking me as important.

Something about those routines changing could be what precipitated the events of that day. Whether it was an argument about who agreed to do what on the 1st day of the new routine or something along those lines.

Or another thought I had was could either one of them had made a terrible mistake and somehow left the kid in a locked car that overheated? Was the sun shining bright that day and how hot inside a car would it have gotten on that particular day?
Is that even a possibility that day?

A situation like that could go both ways too. Thinking along the lines of if something like that happened and he was responsible then he may have did something to harm the Mom to keep her from saying what happened. Or he may have gotten so upset with her that he did something bad to the Mom. Or Mom may have made a terrible mistake and then felt so bad about it she may have left to harm herself.

Sorry if this has already been discussed of a possibility of a hot locked car. Even in winter time in the south, if the sun is hot enough I think a car can still get way too hot inside. Trying to see if this is even a possibility or if this has already been discussed yet.

Her mom had been with them and had just left.

Agree on the coincidence.

Re: his schedule. Our traffic is HORRIFIC. I used to work near where he works and I live not far from them. In Austin - we always say we don't want to cross the river, because it means traveling N>S or S>N and it can take an hour to go 16 miles at the wrong time of day. So I asked to work 6 AM to 2 PM. He left a bit later, but working for a moving company I'm sure the days aren't all the same length. Getting back home by 2 and leaving early are the only way not to sit on the parking lot of either n/s freeway for two hours each way and a lot of us here work odd hours to avoid it.
Agree. The traffic in Austin is a nightmare. I lived there in the 90’s & I love Austin, but I pretty much won’t even go there anymore because of the traffic. People, quit moving there! It’s crazy how people are coming from all over because it’s “cool.” Not anymore, because everyone & their dog is moving in.... sorry rant over. :rolleyes:

edited for the worst offense ever—I used “there” instead of “their.”

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I keep having this feeling that maybe she ran to escape an abusive situation. I had a friend who did this because she knew she could never leave her husband without him killing her, so she ran and started a new life. She never contacted me or as far as I know anyone else from her former life, to stay safe from him. At least that would be a better scenario than if they were deceased. Maybe her family knows things they are not disclosing.
Not without her son who she left at school. MOO.

Agree. The traffic in Austin is a nightmare. I lived there in the 90’s & I love Austin, but I pretty much won’t even go there anymore because of the traffic. People, quit moving there! It’s crazy how people are coming from all over because it’s “cool.” Not anymore, because everyone & there dog is moving in.... sorry rant over. :rolleyes:
same here. i visited my brother in the early 70's and it was great. drove through about 5 years ago and it looked very different. i think the festival south x southwest destroyed the town over time.

Did she leave her purse behind? That and the diaper bag pull me away from this option, as much as I want it to be true. You can't start a new life without your ID. Not in this day and age.
Or money and credit cards. I just don't see it. It would be great if it turned out to be true, but I don't see her leaving without her son.

I’m very much on the fence with this one.
I think it’s possible Heidi came home with the baby and the purse and the diaper bag and the bag of books and who knows what else (bags from other outings, a bag her son had left in the car from a recent trip etc) and carried the baby in her carrier (it fits right over the crook of the elbow and carries easily even if it’s cumbersome) along with as many other bags as she could sling over the other shoulder. She went upstairs and dumped the bags on the ground, intending to go back downstairs (with the baby in the carrier because you don’t leave the baby upstairs where you can’t see her) for the purse or whatever else (grab the mail too maybe) when the baby woke up crying. She maybe removed the baby from the carrier to soothe her, check her diaper, etc and the baby calmed down. Heidi could have left the door ajar (never having gotten more than 5 feet into the apartment to tend to the dog on the balcony) and carried the baby, her phone and her keys back outside to retrieve her purse and whatever else and to then lock the car with the keys. Maybe that’s when whatever happened happened. I do not think she left of her own accord thereby abandoning her little boy. In my opinion, if you’re afraid enough that you run (or over it enough to peace out without a word) you take your babies ie the reasons you breathe.
The odd behavior everyone is noticing is off putting but could be attributed to many things besides guilt. Many many things. I have the same feeling about a horrible outcome that many of you have. I just am not ready to think the worst about SC when it could be something else entirely going on.

i started wondering about maybe when the bf got home she was there. then maybe the three of them took a ride somewhere, possibly a storage unit, but those have many cameras or a vacant home he knows because i think he works for a moving company?, and he was the only one that came home. i guess he left his phone at home cause she had her phone. then he staged everything. but if that's the case then for sure there is a camera at some point that picked them up. or maybe if his vehicle has navigation the trip is there. MOO.

Last edited:
Heidi could have left the door ajar (never having gotten more than 5 feet into the apartment to tend to the dog on the balcony) and carried the baby, her phone and her keys back outside to retrieve her purse and whatever else and to then lock the car with the keys.

*advertiser censored* Wrong. I need coffee :)

Last edited:
One thing I can say near 100% certainty is that she did not take off for a better life or leave on her own.

How can you possibly know that though? Maybe you don’t think she would, but that really is irrelevant. There have been so many cases of people who just have a mental break and take off (sometimes to commit suicide). We know nothing about her or her day that day except that she went to a book fair at school. Everything else we know about her is straight from SC’s mouth. Nothing has been verified.

The guy reminds me of CW so much.

That said, this is what I believe:

She never would have left her oldest son behind. Period. I don't know what mother would. I have 4 kids. I would never leave any of my children behind. In the surveillance photos of that morning she seemed happy and upbeat.

Is it possible she was taken to Mexico?

Perhaps the baby was the target, not Heidi. Maybe she was watched/stalked for a significant period of time, and the perp realized he had to wait until she was alone, i.e. her mother left, to act. Maybe she was a casualty of attaining the baby. Child trafficking is not anything new.

I don't think she disappeared on her own accord. Whether either of them is alive is anyone's guess but this is absolutely awful. Judging by LE's decision to bring in so many outside agencies to search for her it seems they think this is an abduction of unknown origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie