Recovered/Located Canada - April Burkle, 34, from Texas, missing in Toronto, 21 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missing American CODA woman in Toronto — The Daily Moth

Nov 14 Article:
There is a 34-year-old American woman who is a CODA (child of deaf adults) who has been missing since October 22. Her name is April Burkle.

A friend of April, Alexis Cauthen, reached out to “The Daily Moth” to ask for the public’s help for any information on her whereabouts. Cauthen has already reached out to several news organizations.

Cauthen said she believes if April is in some trouble or suffering from some kind of mental health crisis, she would likely find comfort and seek help through the deaf community. She said April is fluent in ASL.

Nov 14 Article:
There is a 34-year-old American woman who is a CODA (child of deaf adults) who has been missing since October 22. Her name is April Burkle.

A friend of April, Alexis Cauthen, reached out to “The Daily Moth” to ask for the public’s help for any information on her whereabouts. Cauthen has already reached out to several news organizations.

Cauthen said she believes if April is in some trouble or suffering from some kind of mental health crisis, she would likely find comfort and seek help through the deaf community. She said April is fluent in ASL.
Cannot find any updates, hoping that April is safe!
The video in link is in American Sign Language..

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Hey Friends,

This is very important. Please listen to my latest podcast, Websleuths Radio Podcast.

You can find it on Apple here and on Spotify here.

Or anywhere you can find true crime podcasts.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to Websleuths and our podcast for you to listen and ask your friends to listen as well. If Websleuths is going to continue (forum and podcast) we need you to listen to Websleuths Radio Podcast.

We need you to listen, ask your friends to listen and ask their friends to listen. Please get the word out. There is a new podcast in town and it is one you do not want to miss.

This week Heather Robinson Ramos. As a baby, Heather's mom was killed by serial killer John Robinson. Robinson then "adopted" baby Heather to his brother and his wife.

Also, please listen to the new podcast called Detective Trapp. To help Websleuths check out a little taste of this podcast.

Detective Trapp on Apple Podcasts

Thank you to everyone.

Tricia
Owner, Websleuths

MISSING: April Burkle – Toronto, Canada (10/21/19)
October 29, 2019
34 year-old April Burkle, who is a resident of Baytown, Texas, was last seen in Toronto, Canada on October 21st 2019. It is unknown what color, style or type of clothing that April was wearing. April has a pierced nose, and visible tattoos of wings, a semicolon, and an anchor on her wrist. April may be suffering from some type of mental instability. If you have seen April Burkle since her reported disappearance, if you know of her current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning April’s disappearance; please call the Toronto, Canada Police Department at (416) 808-2222 – or call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500

Fresh appeal.
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #46133
Missing woman,
Peter Street and Queen Street West,
April Burkle, 34,
Updated Photographs

Thursday, December 12, 2019
52 Division
416-808-5200
Case #: 2019-2069357
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance locating a missing woman.

April Burkle, 34, was last seen on Tuesday, October 22, 2019, in the area of Peter Street and Queen Street West.

Please see previous release.

Police are concerned for her safety and have released updated photographs of the woman.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play."

Toronto Star

New photos released of American woman reported missing in Toronto nearly two months ago

"Cauthen said she believes that her friend may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) because of the tornado. She said she worries that the flight to Canada may have triggered her, and affected her ability to make appropriate decisions. "
bbm

This case is so sad. After going through the shock and trauma of the tornado and losing her children, April 'seemed' to be doing so well prior to her trip to Canada.
As a fellow sufferer I know that PTSD is a scary thing though... So many things can trigger it. She was flying alone to an unfamiliar place.
Once your mind is unsettled and you start making poor decisions based on the trauma of your past, you really need your support system and care network around you to draw you back into healthy stability and a sense of reality.

She is currently without that essential network of support... My heart goes out to her and her family and friends... Praying she is located safely soon

imo

I keep thinking and checking up on this poor woman. I don't think that she could still be in the GTA without being found by now. :(

I keep thinking and checking up on this poor woman. I don't think that she could still be in the GTA without being found by now. :(
Always good to "see" you again, Alice Ramnit!
April B will no doubt have to get warm clothing to wear if she is still in the city.
Hoping that as Xmas is approaching she feels a strong desire to reach out to her family and friends, but if not- maybe it hurts too much not having her boys at Xmas time- she may continue to try and help others she encounters.
Maybe April might check into a homeless shelter or go to a food kitchen and get recognized by someone there, otherwise she may be drawn to visiting churches and even cemeteries.
Wherever she is, truly hoping April is okay.
speculation, imo.

Always good to "see" you again, Alice Ramnit!
April B will no doubt have to get warm clothing to wear if she is still in the city.
Hoping that as Xmas is approaching she feels a strong desire to reach out to her family and friends, but if not- maybe it hurts too much not having her boys at Xmas time- she may continue to try and help others she encounters.
Maybe April might check into a homeless shelter or go to a food kitchen and get recognized by someone there, otherwise she may be drawn to visiting churches and even cemeteries.
Wherever she is, truly hoping April is okay.
speculation, imo.
Thanks Dotr! I hope so too. It's almost unimaginable to me that she wouldn't already have come into contact with any of the social service institutions. I used to work in the shelter system and am familiar with how quickly a missing individual would be detected. I wonder whether she might have traveled to another Canadian city. How can she be getting along without any ID or money? I hope that she is alright. After everything that she has already endured she deserves compassion and a life of safety and security.

Thanks Dotr! I hope so too. It's almost unimaginable to me that she wouldn't already have come into contact with any of the social service institutions. I used to work in the shelter system and am familiar with how quickly a missing individual would be detected. I wonder whether she might have traveled to another Canadian city. How can she be getting along without any ID or money? I hope that she is alright. After everything that she has already endured she deserves compassion and a life of safety and security.
I too often check for updates. Never traveled to Canada but I would believe being in a different country, city, place in general for this amount of time, she’d need money and some form of identification. Without those as a means to get things she needs, I’d think she would go somewhere for assistance and eventually be reported as at least sighted...merely my opinion though.

I just read on facebook that she has made contact with her family, according to Ontario Missing people and other missing groups.

Yup, read that too. I'm hoping that an MSM update is done soon so we can verify. There seemed to be a bit of confusion where I read about it so before I get too excited I'm searching MSM for something verifiable. Hopefully good news soon.

Well, that's my Christmas Miracle! So glad she has been found. This lady has had a rough go. I cannot imagine losing my children the way April did.

I have been thinking about April a lot over the holidays. It has to be tough for her.

Wishing her nothing but peace and healing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kvanoven
Back