TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Heidi Broussard’s mother, Tammy Broussard, told KXAN that she was en route from Louisiana to Texas to help with the search."

"Broussard is originally from Lake Charles, Louisiana, according to public records. She and Carey have also lived in Kyle, Texas."

"Broussard’s aunt, Hope Thompson, wrote on Facebook, “Please keep praying and sharing..."

Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

BBM
Thank you. I should have been more clear. I was asking about the references to Heidi's mom staying with them PRIOR to Heidi and Margot's disappearance. They may be in the last thread now, I don't know.

I appreciate you trying to help, though! Thanks again. :)

So now let’s discuss why they even hold a press conference when there are no new updates.

1. To see who shows up
2. To see reactions of certain people
3. To watch what certain people are doing (location, mobile devices, etc) at the time of press conferences
4. To ask for more tips
5. To clear up rumors

what else. Keep adding.
To get press off their back

Sorry for the sporadic posts - another thing to note:

When Detective Brad is asked if Shane is a POI, he says "So we have an ongoing current investigation - I'm not ready to get into anyone that we have as persons of interest, to be perfectly honest with you this case is unique in that we don't have a person of interest right now...".

Do you guys take this to mean they aren't ready to DISCUSS a POI right now as he first says, or that they truly don't have one.

Ok, this is not a side I usually take, but am I the only one who thinks he seemed genuine in his interview? I think he is laughing due to extreme nervousness and he is a total wreck, just trying to keep it together. Normally I usually suspect the significant other first, but I think that he seems totally legit. I just wondered if I am the only one who feels this way?
It's hard to say. Emotions and nervousness can come from more than one cause. I do understand nervous laughter a bit. But imo intense fear can cancel out even the most nervous laugh. But it's all just moo

Last edited:
Oh I don’t think they sounded like they’re struggling at all. It sounded like they’ve been systematically investigating all angles and know exactly what they’re doing.
Please quantify what they actually said that leads you to think that.

Also want to add, from Detective Brad - the apartment is BELIEVED to be their last known location. Believed, not confirmed. I don't think they have video proof. Maybe phone pings.

It most definitely hasn't been confirmed, but the emergency reverse 911 text that went out said "seen on foot" with her infant at the apartments. It was sent at 12:36 AM the day of her disappearance. I didn't take a screenshot but someone else did - not sure if I'm allowed to post that. There's a reference number on the alert - not sure if they get posted online as well. 193461485

Yes and one child was expected to be at school. I would make everything appear normal and then rush to pack and run when no one was home to stop me. Maybe the part where she threw everything to survive on in the car and dashed back to school to retrieve her son was interrupted.
Except she hadn’t thrown everything in the car. Most everything was in the apartment with the exception of her missing cellphone and keys. Her purse may or may not have been in the car as SC said both locations.

SC did not mention any packed bags or anything and said it was a “normal” day and he just though Heidi went to her friends apartment.

moo

I recall SC's first interview alleging the family getting up together around 6:30 AM and that he observed HB making school lunches. He also referenced that his son did not eat his lunch and he fed it to him after they got home in the evening. Based on the first interview and lunch reference, I didn't think "she made lunch" a big deal in the latest interview.

I am confused about his use of kids (plural) in the latest interview. Who else goes to school besides Silas?
His daughter from another relationship (older than son) reportedly is being raised by Shane & Heidi. However the custody details are murky, so we really don't know.

Also want to add, from Detective Brad - the apartment is BELIEVED to be their last known location. Believed, not confirmed. I don't think they have video proof. Maybe phone pings.

I agree. (Believed not confirmed) and am curious as to if it was a witness/resident of the apartment complex who saw her return, just the fact that the car + items she may have had with her at the school book fair were found in the apartment, phone pings, or video. I'm thinking if they had video, it would be definitely known that Heidi returned to the apartment and an exact time that occured. Perhaps they do have that video info but that would mean what happened afterwards with Heidi & Margot (at least part of it) would also presumably be on video as well. Wish we knew more details about that, but understand the reason we don't.

Brittany Ford on Twitter
@Austin_Police is set to address reporters in just minutes on the search efforts for Heidi Broussard & Baby Margot. Several national media outlets are here covering the case. #breaking #developing #Broussard

EMAp-x1W4AAXx-S.jpg

10:53 AM - 17 Dec 2019

Hema Mullur on Twitter
@Austin_Police appear to have no leads on missing mom #HeidiBroussard and 3-week-old baby Margot. They say there are no persons of interest. Any tips should be called in to the Austin Police Dept.

Hema Mullur on Twitter
.@Austin_Police: #HeidiBroussard could have left on her own or “something nefarious” could be involved.

Molly Oak on Twitter
Police say they've been continually searching since Thursday night. Says "this case is unique". Police say they don't have a person of interest at this point. "Anything is possible."

Molly Oak on Twitter
Police say it's possible there is foul play involved and also say it's possible that Heidi Broussard left on her own with the baby.

Molly Oak on Twitter
Police say, since Thursday night, there have been officers on-scene. Police say they are doing everything they can to find Margot and the baby

Molly Oak on Twitter
It's been five days since Heidi Broussard was last seen dropping off a different child at school Thursday morning.

Molly Oak on Twitter
Police say, "at this time, we have no reason to believe that Margot nor Heidi are harmed...our assumption is they are alive." @KVUE

Hema Mullur on Twitter
.@Austin_Police say they have no reason to believe #HeidiBroussard or 3-week-old baby Margot are hurt. They believe they are alive and are still searching for them. Any tips should be called in to the Austin Police Dept.

Hema Mullur on Twitter
.@Austin_Police: There was no #AmberAlert issued for Margot because this case doesn’t meet the criteria to issue an alert #HeidiBroussard

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
Latest from @Austin_Police: No person(s) of interest or suspects in disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey. Police still don’t know whether or not she left on her own or if something unfortunate happened. They are utilizing state and federal resources in search.
EMAxdPAXsAIAZhL.jpg

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
OF NOTE: Police say they are still working under the assumption that Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey are alive. @KVUE

Jacqulyn Powell on Twitter
Detectives say they don’t have any reason to believe Heidi Broussard and 3 week old Margot Carey wouldn’t be alive, still. They’re working with multiple law enforcement agencies in Texas, and DPS is reaching out to law enforcement in other states for help.
12:30 PM - 17 Dec 2019

I know I'm not alone is saying that I want to believe that Heidi and Margo are safe but I can't believe she would leave without her son. No way. Also, purse and baby supplies - even if car left behind.

When Detective Brad is asked if Shane is a POI, he says "So we have an ongoing current investigation - I'm not ready to get into anyone that we have as persons of interest, to be perfectly honest with you this case is unique in that we don't have a person of interest right now...".

Do you guys take this to mean they aren't ready to DISCUSS a POI right now as he first says, or that they truly don't have one.
He very plainly said at one point, “We have no persons of interest.”

This reminds me of the early days of Missy Bevers. LE saying they don’t have anything, and the public not believing it.

Regarding Heidi leaving of her own volition: That was an initial hope I had, because it might mean they were still alive.

But, if that were the case, she would have notified authorities by now; the FBI is involved, after all, and if she left to escape abuse, she did nothing illegal. She'd get protection. No reason NOT to speak up if she were alive and hiding.

This press conference shows, unfortunately, that that was not likely to be the case.
Ita.

I recall SC's first interview alleging the family getting up together around 6:30 AM and that he observed HB making school lunches. He also referenced that his son did not eat his lunch and he fed it to him after they got home in the evening. Based on the first interview and lunch reference, I didn't think "she made lunch" a big deal in the latest interview.

I am confused about his use of kids (plural) in the latest interview. Who else goes to school besides Silas?
The older daughter, "A", from his prior marriage. MOO

Ok, this is not a side I usually take, but am I the only one who thinks he seemed genuine in his interview? I think he is laughing due to extreme nervousness and he is a total wreck, just trying to keep it together. Normally I usually suspect the significant other first, but I think that he seems totally legit. I just wondered if I am the only one who feels this way?[/QUO

I know I'm not alone is saying that I want to believe that Heidi and Margo are safe but I can't believe she would leave without her son. No way. Also, purse and baby supplies - even if car left behind.
And wasn't the baby carseat in the apartment? she would never leave that behind iMO. although we have had so many MSM reports that contradict I'm now not sure what was in the apartment and what was in the car at this point
JMO

I think they have a POI and it’s not unusual for them to say they don’t when they do.

moo

When he said “we may never find them”, my gut also sank like a rock. Very strong words from a man in his position at a PC. Wonder if it was a slip or was it the product of an exhausted and hopeless detective with no answers.

LE and all those agencies should be able to figure it out, for Heaven's sake.

I don't think they've ruled out anyone, especially those with a likely motive. Sorry, but I got the feeling from the presser that they suspect the two are not alive.

Questioning co-workers.
I understand SC works for a moving company? I imagine LE has questioned if he was at work and on what recent jobs to what various properties. Anything is possible and LE will figure it out.

No family pleas to Heidi t0 come home. Presser mentioned their disappearance as an "OFFENSE" (not an incident), when asked about the Amber Alert. Direct questions from reporters went unconfirmed about "prior domestic incidents from that address".

ETA-- corrected to add the word OFFENSE instead of incident. He used the term offense.

Last edited:
I would think also at this point that they would ask pediatricians, hospitals and the public to be aware that this could be a baby abduction possibly. Ask the public to be aware if anyone has a new baby all of the sudden that has appeared without a pregnancy or under mysterious circumstances. Someone that needs baby formula or baby clothes and equipment... anything mysterious. They don't seem to be asking the public too look out for anything in particular....

Because they often say that so as not to cause a POI to shut right the hell up and get a lawyer.

That’s number one.

Number two, it’s possibly true. Meaning no actual evidence of their demise at this time. He didn’t say he didn’t believe they were unharmed. He said “no reason to believe” they’ve been harmed. Or something to that effect.

We’ve seen a variation on that theme so many times when in actuality at that precise moment LE was going hard on a suspect.

“No reason to suspect foul play.” “Searching for a live [INSERT NAME HERE]”.

It’s also kind to the desperate family and loved ones.

But if there are no bodies and no confession and no sign of blood, then he’s technically telling the truth.

Also, I believe it's become more prevalent for police not to use the term "POI" as seen recently in several cases.

History has shown that this designation has no discernable legal meaning or significance, but for obvious reasons carries the power to destroy people's lives.

Why Police and the FBI Should Be Wary to Use the "Person of Interest" Designation | FindLaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer