TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I definitely feel it's odd that he wouldn't immediately panic when he got home and she wasn't there, especially after the call going straight to voicemail twenty minutes earlier. I would assume that if he thought she was at a friend's in the same complex, he would go over to check, but AFAIK he didn't. I just find it odd that he took so long to start feeling alarmed. Especially since the school called him around the same time he arrived home to say HB hadn't picked up their son. I know everyone's different and it's been discussed that maybe men are less quick to worry than women, but if it was me (or even if it was my husband)- unanswered phonecall/straight to voicemail would probably seem strange, then to get home and he's not there with the baby, then to be called by the school soon after to say he's not picked our other child up... THAT is when I'd start to really panic, not hours later. o_O

Oh yeah, if my phone goes to voicemail, my husband loses his composure, gets all panicky and one time when I left for the pool/amenities building to work out without my phone, he thought something had happened to me when I didn't answer and called 311. I am never without it anymore. He is extremely protective of me. I just wanted to work out without having the phone ring. I have many friends who call "just to chat" and I didn't feel like chatting. I wanted to work out. I just happen to have married a worrier.

I'm the last person in the world who cares if anyone does drugs, honestly.

I'm not sure what point other people were making, I was purely responding that you don't have to be a first-time pot smoker to get an intense good or bad reaction, which other people may think goes a way to explaining his more unusual behaviours when he's interviewed.

As stated before I don't think any amount of pot would make a person laugh when they are devastated by a tragedy of any sort.

That's beside the point that if your significant other and newborn are missing and you want to know what happened - and you know you're going on national TV on a video that LE will be using to determine whether you're guilty - and you know you are a prime suspect - WHO WOULD SMOKE in the first place?

Last edited:
Just saw the PC and it was a big nothing burger. All we were told is that agencies were added to the case. And that they need the public’s help. And there are no POIs at this time but everything is still open.

Well, it wasn't a Whopper cheese w/ everything, but LE did give us a little bit of meat to chew on:
  • MC and HB were first reported missing to the APD at around 7:30 pm
  • LE believes the last known location for both is the apartment complex where they live, and that they were there "some time that morning"
  • LE does have digital evidence that they're analyzing, i.e., they're tracking HB's electronic footprints.
The fact that no one has seen either of them since that morning is likely significant in that it's helping LE to fix the parameters of their critical window of time.

The fact that their outside window doesn't close until 7:30 p.m. is definitely not helpful.

Hours and hours for which the two of them are unaccounted.

I'm just wondering how many of those hours SC will be able to account for...as verified by witnesses.

Actually, LE not saying a lot said a lot.

Gotta' love that paradox.

JMO.

Last edited:
ETA: *Even if the purse was in the apartment - it should be just as alarming if you know you have a child in school and that child is picked up by your spouse/gf.

As other people have said but maybe not clearly enough, until the school calls SC, he doesn't know that he should be worried about his son. Without said call, an innocent SC could just think that Son went off with Heidi and Margot, and that Heidi was successful in picking him up.

He may have also taken the books from the book fair up to their apt.
Thinking that she'd left them in the car for him to bring in later.
With a new baby-- SC may have had more chores to do around the house, as well.
Some men even learn how to vacuum and do the dishes. ;)

Does this one seem like he has any household responsibilities, though?

NO FAMILY was at the press conference. (I'm responding to SC wasn't at the presser.) No family - it didn't seem to be a normal presser at all, IMO, and I'm not surprised no family was there.

Maybe all the family were out at the police station with the police, being interviewed simultaneously. If you're onto a hot lead, you're onto a hot lead; and probably don't want to release your witnesses in the middle of it. Maybe that's why the PC started late.

I think the percentage of us who truly KNOW what it looks like is very small.

Not sure where you’re going with wanting a case citation of a baby being snatched. In this case we have a woman, and the fact that she has a baby is probably beside the point to the person who made her go missing. It could be that the person allowed her to bring the infant with her as a means of getting her to go semi-willingly, compared to the alternative of fighting like hell if separated then and there.

As to your other requested case citation, it’s impossible to satisfy it. There are countless missing females (white or otherwise) who are not homeless, not runaway, not prostituting, and yet go missing and are still missing. And since they’re still missing, it’s impossible to say what happened. Thus, impossible to rule out trafficking.

IMO, the point of this question is, once you see that Heidi has a newborn, what type of trafficker is going to kidnap her on the spot, instead of just quietly veering away to look for a more plausible kidnap victim? The randomology (not a word I know) of such a trafficker being hell-bent on abducting Heidi in particular and not being discouraged, seems unlikely; as does the prospect of someone taking her to sexually assault (what would they then do with the baby, even if they had some type of hotel room? Even if said attacker was interested in raping someone when they started out their day, who says that just because you're a rapist you're happy to leave someone's baby on the ground while you do the deed, or whatever?)

Who cares if he smokes pot? Why do I keep seeing this? I'd need a tranquilizer after something like this.....

You keep seeing this, because people are trying hard to find a good rationale for SC to keep laughing, smirking etc. during the whole interview; and seemingly being unable to make a move in life without the advice of his father (is this what they mean about Millennials?).

IF this involves DV, is it possible that Heidi had help in leaving, and if so, that she took her phone because there may have been texts or info on the contact, and was told to bring nothing else.
Then again....what about the son? And Id think whatever safe house she was in, would have contacted LE.
Does that complex have fire escapes that go out the back unseen? Maybe a helper was waiting for her in vehicle?
I don't know....grasping for straws...positive ones.
But why would she leave her purse behind? Unless she had cash etc in a smaller wallet or something.

Well, it wasn't a Whopper cheese w/ everything, Xtra mayo, Xtra pickle, but LE did give give us a little bit of meat to chew on:
  • LE believes the last known location for both is the apartment complex where they live, and that they were there "some time that morning"
  • They do have digital evidence that they're analyzing, i.e., they're analyzing and tracking HB's electronic footprints.
The fact that no one has seen either of them since that morning is likely significant in that it's helping LE to fix the parameters of their critical window of time.

The fact that their outside window doesn't close until 7:30 p.m. is definitely not helpful.

I'm just wondering how many of those hours SC will be accounted for, as verified by witnesses.

JMO.
bbm
Agreed.
Maybe by tomorrow someone will come forward ?

Keys -- in my pocket because I keep my keys on a heavy, dog chain (because I read too much true crime) and it won't be any good in my bag if I need to get them out in a hurry.

Phone -- in my pocket also, so I can reach it to change tracks and send messages and such.

My keychain is massive, and contains numerous non-key items - a compass, a pocket knife, a mini discount-card ring and assorted other stuff. It won't fit in most pockets. If I am outside and walking, it is most likely in my dominant hand – and you do not want to have it thrown at you or slash at your face. If I'm at at store, a restaurant or some other indoor location, or with known other people, the keys are more likely to be in my purse if I'm carrying one.

Phone is in my pocket or in my purse, if I'm even carrying it. I try to do so for security purposes, but I really dislike being tied to it, so if I'm going to forget anything when I leave the house the phone is the most likely candidate.

I use a clutch wallet so I can carry it by itself, but if I am carrying a purse it's in there.

The statistic on your linked page of about 27 y.o. is for the average age of existing international registered victims within IOM, male and female. That is not the age at which they are trafficked. Some live as victims until they die (it includes labor exploitation, and some live basically as worker "slaves" for the rest of their lives) and the older ages are averaged into that statistic. It's a specific focus for that page.

Per your page: "The highest percentage of female victims can be found in the 18-20 age group."
Ok I found this article that is very in depth.

https://polarisproject.org/sites/default/files/2017NHTHStats (1).pdf

It does track the age at which the trafficking occurred. It’s 19 for sex trafficking and somewhat older for labor trafficking. Another part that is interesting in there is the “recruitment tactics for sex trafficking”. In the tracking of around 2,100 cases, over 80o of them were lured by posing as a benefactor, a job offer, or by false promises or fraud. Any of the above could happen to a white woman of age. I think those (not saying it’s you) who say that it could only happen to the mentally ill, homeless, etc are oversimplifying the issue. To me it sounds too much like “good white females wouldn’t get into this predicament.”

Well, it wasn't a Whopper cheese w/ everything, but LE did give give us a little bit of meat to chew on:
  • They do have digital evidence that they're analyzing, i.e., they're analyzing and tracking HB's electronic footprints.

I'm just wondering how many of those hours SC will be accounted for, as verified by witnesses.

LE didn't say a lot, which said a lot.

Gotta' love paradox.

JMO.
"I'm just wondering how many of those hours SC will be accounted for, as verified by witnesses."
Clearly that was the elephant in the room in that PC.

So the interview with Heidi's tearful mom that just aired - there's no link to it yet, but what she said is: "We know that Heidi and Margo were here at the time this thing took place and what we want is we want our babies back home, and we want to see our grandbaby, and our grandson, and everything come back together."

This is a good point. If a woman fears for her life - and/or for her baby's life (this has happened in cases!) - she would take off with the baby on foot if need be!

This is a consideration, for sure. We don't really know - but hopefully LE does.

Unfortunately, the live video of Shane makes me think otherwise.
Sorry to quote my own post (rude, I know) - but I had another thought about this.

If she had taken off on her own - due to DV or fear for her child's life - she'd likely have let LE /FBI know by now, and they'd have made a statement that they are no longer seeking her.

They've done that a few times just recently in other cases where the woman took off of her own will.

As stated before I don't think any amount of pot would make a person laugh when they are devastated by a tragedy of any sort.

That's beside the point that if your significant other and newborn are missing and you want to know what happened - WHO WOULD SMOKE in the first place?

BBM

A pot head and there are millions of them.

If I have
Another thing that's really bugging me is the belongings left behind - not just the fact that there's been no clarification on whether her purse and wallet were actually still in the unlocked car or in the house.

1. If the purse/wallet were still in the unlocked car - at what point did SC realise that the car was unlocked? Before or after he called the police? He never mentions this in any of the interviews I've seen.

2. Whether the purse/wallet were left in the car or whether they were left in the house, this still bothers me... HB's keys and phone are apparently missing. Would the keys and phone not have been in the purse? Or does she put her keys and phone in her pockets? If the purse was left in the car and her keys and phone had been in the purse, this must mean she had the time/thought to take them out of the purse and take them inside with her, why not just take the purse inside too? Why leave the purse in the car unless she was immediately going to come back outside to get it? What stopped her from retrieving it?
If the purse was found in the house and her keys and phone had been in the purse and then for whatever reason she left the apartment of her own accord, she either took those items out herself to take them with her or someone else took them out of her purse when they took her and the baby. But why?

3. By "keys" is he referring to house keys or car keys, I'm assuming they're two separate sets of keys and she doesn't keep them on the same keyring. Are both house keys AND car keys missing?

This brings me to ask you all a question, especially the ladies on here. If you leave the house and take with you your keys, phone, wallet and a purse, would your keys and phone be in your PURSE or in your POCKET? I know for me, they'd be in the purse.

It might not seem like a big deal to most of you but I think it could be quite important.
If I have pockets big enough, my keys and phone are always in my pockets. And when I get home my purse is the first thing I take in the house. If I had a baby I’d take the baby (in the carrier) and my purse in first, then go back for everything else.

Your question made me think about things from a different angle. If the purse was really in the car and car seat was in the house, that suggests to me she was on her way back out without the baby. Or had just returned from a quick errand, again w/o the baby. The fact that phone and keys are missing (items that would be in pockets if she’s like me) indicates to me some interruption occurred just as she was leaving or arriving. Something like getting out in the parking lot to talk to someone (otherwise she would have taken the purse and locked the car). Or getting snatched in broad daylight.

I wonder if she might ask someone in the complex to watch the baby while she ran out to do a quick errand.

If she did it opens the door to a new theory. Whomever she left the baby with wanted the baby (to keep or sell) and they killed Heidi because she knew where the baby was. If they weren’t party to her abduction they would have certainly come forward w/the baby by now.

It’s also possible that someone wanted everyone to believe that’s what happened so they staged the purse in unlocked car and missing keys/phone.

ETA—or perhaps the person watching the baby was the baby’s father....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member