TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really bothers me is that it is just too neat. It seems staged. In an apartment complex that size there is always someone around. Maintenance guys are all over the complex at the beginning of their day picking up garbage, going to a called in maintenance order, etc., and no one saw anything? People are going to work or coming back in from the night shift. Apartment complexes are the quietest at the dinner hour and that would be just after dark. People would be eating dinner, watching the news, maybe having a relaxing drink, or cooking. The only thing anyone would would notice would be something out of the norm. No one would pay any attention to Shane at the dumpster because he lived there and it would be normal for him to take out the garbage.

We are to believe a woman and a newborn baby were abducted in broad daylight and no one heard or saw anything or a woman out walking with a newborn?

It all seems absolutely staged to me.

JMO.
BBM. This is where I'm at. The car is still there, I believe (not impounded?). And no reporters have shared photos of LE taking out bags of evidence from the apartment. It IS too neat. MOO

This is why I think the perp had help (if HB didn't disappear herself). MOO. JMO.

I thought about it, as well, and decided that LE sure as hell had him remove it when they talked to him. They probably checked him over for scratches, cuts, bruises, or anything indicating a physical struggle. For us, Shane doesn't need to remove his hat.

I highly doubt they did any of that. They can’t make him submit to a search of his body without a warrant, right?

He went to Verizon. He isn’t involved. Goodnight.

He went to T-Mobile the next day. At no time does he state he searched for her in any capacity between the time of his phone call at 1:40 p.m. to her phone and the time after he brought his son home from school, after 6:00 p.m. His efforts to contact friends and family began with his father after he picked up his son, then friends, per him, (I got that backwards earlier) and then at 7:30 p.m. he reported the disappearances.

That's according to him and LE as to the time of the report.

The next day he was interviewed by CBS and he was at T-Mobile, at thew time, he says trying to get her phone records. He also says the next day (after the disappearance) he searched through some dumpsters looking for her keys and sat outside his home for hours, asking everyone who walked by if they heard screams or saw anything.

That is all the evidence we have thus far of his search efforts.

Is he self employed or does he work for a moving company?
Most moving companies have GPS trackers. Should be fairly easy to trace HIS movements that day by video surveillance in the area as well as his phone & likely truck tracker.
I’m struck by the pressor - “to be honest, we’ve got nothing” is frightening. I wish they had used “don’t want to discuss it”
I’m hoping they’re amassing all the electronic & video data and Lord knows that takes a long time.

is it true he was in T-Mobile that day? If he was, what for?

I highly doubt they did any of that. They can’t make him submit to a search of his body without a warrant, right?

They can ask. They often do. "Do you mind if we look at your body?" "Can we see under your hat?" As long as he is not in a position where a reasonable person would feel they are being detained and not free to go, OR he was given a Miranda warning first, they can absolutely look at his body without a warrant, with his permission. if he said no, that would be a reason to get one.

There are way more examples, I just dont feel like watching the videos all over again to be more specific but you can do that.

Oh, I think I know what you mean... do you mean, for example, the way that between at minimum 10:30-17:00 of the giggle-fest (the one where the cameraman zoomed in), SC never once called Heidi by name? It was all "she" and "her". (Before 10:30, I admit I wasn't listening all that well, and it was a chore to finish with his seasick lurchings.) The lady reporter was helpfully framing the questions saying "Heidi" each and every time, too.

Someone has already given you an example of how a woman can refer to her husband and her baby boy as “my guys”. It’s the same thing. He could have been trying to refer to both of them together and spaced out on what to call them that would apply to both together. So he blurted out something.
My own father used to tell people that my mother, sister and I were his favorite ladies in the world, he would tell us that, too. I've heard guys say something like that, I've also heard guys refer to women and daughters as "their favorite girls". Maybe he just mean to say ladies and said women instead.

People could have heard or seen any number of things. They just aren’t giving interviews and LE isn’t saying. It will come out eventually.
moo
Agreed. But if people heard or saw things that pointed to something along the lines of stranger abduction, I absolutely believe we would have heard about that by now. That would be important in locating those responsible, and of course, Heidi and her baby.

That’s why I think if these witnesses exist, we haven’t heard about it yet. There may be no benefit to releasing that information if you are focused on one particular person, and you don’t need help in locating them.

So the overall posture of law enforcement, doesn’t make me feel like they actually believe this to be a kidnapping by an unknown assailant.

If I were a woman who was afraid to stay in my home any longer and I had 2 kids of varying ages and expectations and if I decided to risk it, I’d take my older kid to school because maybe someone was at home still. I’d return to get my belongings and my children’s belongings when I knew no one should be home. And then I’d return to get the older kid from school and get the hell out of dodge. Perhaps an interruption happened. From someone and we don’t know who. Or perhaps this wasn’t the case at all and I’m reaching.
Or maybe someone was suspicious that she was going to do just that and decided to be there when she came home. IMO

It's so strange, because right after Chris' first interview- I sensed evil- real bad evil, from him. Right off the bat. I had absolutely no doubts about him what so ever harming Shannon and his beautiful children. I couldn't follow the case after, it affected me that bad.

I know I was wrong about the guy in SP's case- I admit, I was hoping he was a hero, getting her away from her evil step father (and her evil mother, too, in my eyes). So, sometimes my vibes are off, know what I mean?

This time I am totally bewildered- common sense tells me he's guilty, but my heart isn't lining up with my head. What's wrong with me, lol?
Nothing is wrong with you- we follow so many cases and some hit us differently / I remember watts and knew it was him just like Frazee and Fotis and so many others - I’m sad to say I have the same feeling here and hope I am wrong
But I don’t think so
JMO

Sometimes what is the most obvious turns out to be the most obvious - as I’ve said over and over they need to check the dumpsters IMO
There is way too much missing in the timeline - I’m not accusing anyone but I do not believe she is in hiding or has PPD - I think she met with foul play they are both dead and someone(s) knows exactly what happened - I’m going on record 72 hours and we will have an arrest
JMO

I think it's going to take more than three days, but I more or less agree with you. I think they have a pretty good idea what happened and are just waiting to confirm that. Maybe waiting for lab tests, maybe waiting for somebody to crack.

I can see that she might have walked out if they had a fight, if she felt very overwhelmed by the new baby, if she was afraid of violence, or any of a dozen other reasons. But I can't think of any reason why she wouldn't contact her mother or somebody after she got to a safe place.

Ok
I haven't seen any ridiculous post about it being a hoax, so I was a thrown aback at that.I did notice what Heidi's mom said,and suspected as much. I was really wondering why SC called his dad,and not her mom first. That really sticks out to me.

I'd call my parent first, too. It also looks like his dad lived closer and could get their quickly for moral support and advice on how to tell HB's mother that her daughter and grandchild were missing. I still ask my Mom or Dad for advice on some things.

Sometimes what is the most obvious turns out to be the most obvious - as I’ve said over and over they need to check the dumpsters IMO
There is way too much missing in the timeline - I’m not accusing anyone but I do not believe she is in hiding or has PPD - I think she met with foul play they are both dead and someone(s) knows exactly what happened - I’m going on record 72 hours and we will have an arrest
JMO
Yep, totally with you on this!

He went to T-Mobile the next day. At no time does he state he searched for her in any capacity between the time of his phone call at 1:40 p.m. to her phone and the time after he brought his son home from school, after 6:00 p.m. His efforts to contact friends and family began with his father after he picked up his son, then friends, per him, (I got that backwards earlier) and then at 7:30 p.m. he reported the disappearances.

That's according to him and LE as to the time of the report.

The next day he was interviewed by CBS and he was at T-Mobile, at thew time, he says trying to get her phone records. He also says the next day (after the disappearance) he searched through some dumpsters looking for her keys and sat outside his home for hours, asking everyone who walked by if they heard screams or saw anything.

That is all the evidence we have thus far of his search efforts.

Wait so, according to the other poster (not gitana...my quote thing isn’t working right)-

Am I understanding that a person going to the phone carrier counts as searching for someone, and therefore he shouldn’t be considered a suspect?

Because Patrick Frazee did that exact thing.

It's so strange, because right after Chris' first interview- I sensed evil- real bad evil, from him. Right off the bat. I had absolutely no doubts about him what so ever harming Shannon and his beautiful children. I couldn't follow the case after, it affected me that bad.

I know I was wrong about the guy in SP's case- I admit, I was hoping he was a hero, getting her away from her evil step father (and her evil mother, too, in my eyes). So, sometimes my vibes are off, know what I mean?

This time I am totally bewildered- common sense tells me he's guilty, but my heart isn't lining up with my head. What's wrong with me, lol?

I usually think they worst of everyone. Lately, I’ve been giving people the benefit of the doubt. Whatever is wrong with you, I think I’ve come down with it too!

He consistently refers to HB as "a great mom."

Which I'm sure she is...however, she's not HIS mom.

She's HIS girlfriend.

So why not say she's a great fiancé, or girlfriend, or partner, in addition to saying she's a great mom?

Where's the "I love her, I miss her, and I just want her back?"

It's all this collective "We" language instead.

There's no ownership or acknowledgment of a relationship existing b/t the two of them.

That's completely missing.

JMO.

That bugged be too, but I finally saw it
at the end of the (train-wreck) long
"Raw" interview,
it's starts at 17:10
(it's 17:10, with ads included now, but, it's at 0.58 remaining.)
He sounds very sincere, upset - then quickly flips it with more rambling.

I did see somewhere where he says he misses her, but it may have been "we" miss you.

I think it's going to take more than three days, but I more or less agree with you. I think they have a pretty good idea what happened and are just waiting to confirm that. Maybe waiting for lab tests, maybe waiting for somebody to crack.

I can see that she might have walked out if they had a fight, if she felt very overwhelmed by the new baby, if she was afraid of violence, or any of a dozen other reasons. But I can't think of any reason why she wouldn't contact her mother or somebody after she got to a safe place.
Yep exactly and I don’t think she would leave her son - if she had a plan IMO it would have included him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa