TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That bugged be too, but I finally saw it
at the end of the (train-wreck) long
"Raw" interview,
it's starts at 17:10
(it's 17:10, with ads included now, but, it's at 0.58 remaining.)
He sounds very sincere, upset - then quickly flips it with more rambling.

I did see somewhere where he says he misses her, but it may have been "we" miss you.
It's been hard to keep up with the threads, but I'm assuming people have already addressed him starting to slip up and catch himself at 11:32 on THIS video (it's different times on others). "I left the house at 6:40 and that was the last time I spoke to my......................uh........my son." Granted the question was about the last time he saw HB and maybe he was thinking of that, but then why insert his son all of a sudden?

As a long time member.
And a grown woman of many years who has seen people lie, later to have been found to be guilty.
In my opinion. TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT.
I, personally, distrust anyone who does not look you in the eye.
My personal hinkey is off the charts.
Very, very sad to say.
Hopefully, I won't be timed out again for my opinion.
I've really gotten tired of it.

Sure thing, lady! I'd love to know your thoughts after watching it.

I’ve thought about this and having no personal frame of reference reached out to a few people who are more familiar with this potential situation - every single person said the same thing - secure yourself and the children - leave no one behind - I think she was dead by 1pm December 12 and where they are is the remaining question IMO

Why 1 pm?

I just can’t figure out with SC what the motive would be and for that reason I keep going back to the drawing board on what the other avenues are right now. I think the baby is what keeps throwing me off. If they got in an argument or they were having issues I can see that as a motive for why Heidi is missing, but not the baby.

If it was him (and I’m not saying it was) my main motive would be the baby not being his. Perhaps he had suspicions and did a test and then lost his mind over the results. That would explain why he never refers to Margo as his baby. Moo.

I noticed that as well. She also said something about wanting to see her grandson. I got the feeling that SC isn’t letting them see him, much like PF didn’t let Baby K see her amazing maternal grandma. I hope that isn’t the case. This little buddy needs all of the love and support he can get. I was mentally drained just watching his long interview so I’m sure actually being around him is exhausting. That little boy needs someone who can act stable and rational with him.
I am really worried for this little boy TBH. Wondering if that is one explanation for LE treading lightly and carefully re possible POI close to home. In a potential domestic situation a child of that age is old enough to have heard and seen a lot.

Nothing. Nothing is wrong with you.

Maybe your head is right? Maybe he's just an emotionally immature person who as an adult man feels ashamed to cry on camera and so he laughs and smiles a lot when talking about things that make him well up. Maybe he was sleeping or got buzzed when he got home and slept until he got his other child. Maybe he's not the brightest guy and didn't know what to do at that moment and sort of tried to care for his kid as he woke up and began realizing all was seriously not right. Maybe he is not used to handling serious things except work.

I have my deep concerns about this case and where I think it probably tips. But there are other possibilities that for me are still on the table, though more remote. It is possible.

I mean this guy is showing emotion and we are not used to seeing that in these cases. Like I said earlier, most murder cases don't involve sociopaths. I remember watching an early episode of cops and a man killed his wife during a domestic incident. He didn't actually mean to but he did kick her in the chest. It was a terrible episode. Kids were present crying. The EMT's came and ripped open her shirt and were trying CPR. Young mom. She died.

In the background, the killer was screaming and crying, "I didn't mean to! oh God, I didn't mean to!" But he killed her during a felony assault and so it was murder.

Even when they did mean to because they flew into a rage, but then after feel deep remorse, those are more common than no emotion at all.

Nevertheless, we don't know yet what happened here. Time will tell.
As always, excellent points. I can understand feeling empathy for this guy by many and considering him not to be murderer material because unless he deserves an Oscar, he is obviously in serious pain. We feel his pain. It tugs at our heartstrings.

But I find his story and the way he tells it problematic. That combined with statistics leads me in another direction. I just personally think it is remorse. Maybe even guilt. Very painful remorse possibly coupled with fear for what the future will bring.

I think there was a lot of potential deception and smoke/mirrors in his interviews, but I can see why people feel his pain and equate that with innocence. That and his obvious discomfort in front of the cameras and his otherwise pretty good manners (apologizing to the reporters for his missteps in taping) are endearing qualities.

Unfortunately, very otherwise likable people can do very bad things. And they may even be in terrible emotional pain as a result. As you said, not everyone who commits murder is a sociopath. Thanks for the examples.

The part about the phone has always bothered me, too. A phone can go to VM if the person is on another call, out of area, or the battery dies. Then one can recharge the battery or be back in the area and the call goes through.

He never says he tried to call her after 1:40. No attempt was even mentioned - not even after she was "missing".

This is just one of the several red flags, to me.
Exactly - there should be 50 calls I have called over and over if I need to get through to someone - missed calls ? Will be interesting IMO
This made me realize something else.

If he truly assumed she had shut her phone off prior to 1:40 when he tried to call her and it went to VM, why would he also assume that she had still not turned it back on, even after going "missing"?

To me there's only two possibilities:
1. Someone close to her killed them both.
2. Someone needing a newborn lured her away from her apartment, killed her and took the baby.
I guess I'm hoping for #2 just so the baby is safe. I just don't think Mom is alive anymore. I find it unthinkable that she left her son at school and ran off.

Do you have a source for that? Maybe I can tell from the description of the dogs use by their handler. Thanks.

I thought somebody said they were the dogs of Texas EquuSearch, but I could be conflating two pieces of nearby information. TES does have a 3-day-old listing on its webpage.

Does he ever say what he did between 2 & 6 ?

I’m
Sorry if I missed previously posts - I’m unable to smoothly navigate them

No, and that's why we're so confused. We need a timeline, because even I'm confused about this.

He said he searched dumpsters for keys. (When, I'm no longer certain.)

He has said he "sat outside" and asked passersby if they had seen anything.

He said he called the girlfriend he suspected she was with; or maybe that was, he went over there in person? (Anyone can feel free to correct me on this point.)

He said he called her, but continually got voicemail; or maybe no message.

He said he found her car door unlocked, and made sure to point out that he's always nagging her to remember to lock doors. (Her friends on FB originally had this as their apartment door gaping wide open. We now think this was garbled hearsay.)

He can't remember which of her purse, diaper bag, or keys, were inside the car or upstairs in the apartment when he first came home from work (or in the case of the latter item, the dumpster). We've also determined that he does think of the diaper bag and purse as separate entities, and does not lump them all into "similarly shaped things that Heidi carries".

Oh, and btw, the time he first came home from work to find Heidi and Margot gone, supposedly on foot with no diaper bag, supplies, or car keys, was... 1:40PM.

It took him until 6:30 to call his father and say he was worried (father counseled "wait and see"); and until 7:30 to alert the police department.

...Anybody? Did I miss anything? Feel free to correct, lol.

I’m

No. Not at all. He gives a lot of detail before that and after. None in between. And during an interview his phone rang. His dad tries to get it but he pulls it quickly out and shuts it off saying. "I don't care about the phone." That's problematic to me for a man desperate for info.

There are various other anomalies that have my ears perked up.

I’m

I've missed a ton, too, because this thread is moving way too fast. But, I don't think "we" have heard about what he was doing between those hours. I'm 99.999999999999999% positive he's been questioned about that by LE though!

The part about the phone has always bothered me, too. A phone can go to VM if the person is on another call, out of area, or the battery dies. Then one can recharge the battery or be back in the area and the call goes through.

He never says he tried to call her after 1:40. No attempt was even mentioned - not even after she was "missing".

This is just one of the several red flags, to me.
His timeline is interesting to me too. Wake up at 630, but this was a late day and it was 640. Spoke with Heidi at 815. Tried to call her at 140 but phone was shut off.

but when it comes to the 911 call it was “7ish, 715, 730. Something like that.”. Not super important. Maybe he was super nervous by then, but it was something else I noticed. Super exact times until the 911 call.

moo

I highly doubt they did any of that. They can’t make him submit to a search of his body without a warrant, right?

That's right but there's no reason to think that Shane didn't cooperate with something so routine and, if he refused, that they wouldn't immediately request a warrant to do so. It's been, what, about fives days? I's be shocked if he wasn't interviewed by now and thoroughly checked over, physically. They seemed pretty serious in the presser and like they aren't a bunch of dummies.

Nothing. Nothing is wrong with you.

Maybe your head is right? Maybe he's just an emotionally immature person who as an adult man feels ashamed to cry on camera and so he laughs and smiles a lot when talking about things that make him well up. Maybe he was sleeping or got buzzed when he got home and slept until he got his other child. Maybe he's not the brightest guy and didn't know what to do at that moment and sort of tried to care for his kid as he woke up and began realizing all was seriously not right. Maybe he is not used to handling serious things except work.

I have my deep concerns about this case and where I think it probably tips. But there are other possibilities that for me are still on the table, though more remote. It is possible.

I mean this guy is showing emotion and we are not used to seeing that in these cases. Like I said earlier, most murder cases don't involve sociopaths. I remember watching an early episode of cops and a man killed his wife during a domestic incident. He didn't actually mean to but he did kick her in the chest. It was a terrible episode. Kids were present crying. The EMT's came and ripped open her shirt and were trying CPR. Young mom. She died.

In the background, the killer was screaming and crying, "I didn't mean to! oh God, I didn't mean to!" But he killed her during a felony assault and so it was murder.

Even when they did mean to because they flew into a rage, but then after feel deep remorse, those are more common than no emotion at all.

Nevertheless, we don't know yet what happened here. Time will tell.

The episode you refer to is the kind of scenario I'm leaning to, in this case.

It wasn't supposed to happen, it was a mistake, a momentary loss of control, didn't mean to hurt her.
I keep seeing him with his hand on his head in that interview as if in disbelief, what have I done, it's not true, attempting to go back in time. I may be completely off here, and it may be a personal thing, because that's how I react if I screw up. Hand on my forehead head......when I spill a full cup of coffee on the table, or drop a glass which shatters all over the floor, or some such thing.
My reaction at distressing news or having witnessed an accident (or recently, witnessing a small plane crash across the street in my area), is a spontaneous clutching at my heart, hand on chest.

This is just me probably.....but that body language behavior in the interview for me points to guilt, remorse, disbelief and self recrimination.

No. Not at all. He gives a lot of detail before that and after. None in between. And during an interview his phone rang. His dad tries to get it but he pulls it quickly out and shuts it off saying. "I don't care about the phone." That's problematic to me for a man desperate for info.

There are various other anomalies that have my ears perked up.

Hugely problematic! He is not at all expecting a phone call with good news about his newborn and baby mama. So what does the phone matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie