TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never even specifies that he calls "the friend" who lives nearby where he thinks she went, nor did he say he ever went there.

You'd think he'd just go there or specify that he called that particular friend.

He just called "Friends" - never says who.

He only says he tried to call her once, at 1:40, and it went to VM. He doesn't ever say he tried again, not even when it was apparent she was "missing".

He doesn't say how he knows, but he claims her phone was "shut off" - when there is no way to know if a phone is off, or battery dead, or in a "dead zone" - and most will try to call again to make sure, especially hours later.

One of the many disappearing articles references her self-described best friend, who he called and relayed the dog / balcony, door open, etc. info to. Not sure if she's the friend he's referring to that lives in the complex. But her best friend was quoted by multiple news outlets that snipped her then public FB posts after he called her.

.. He doesn't say how he knows, but he claims her phone was "shut off" - when there is no way to know if a phone is off, or battery dead, or in a "dead zone" - and most will try to call again to make sure, especially hours later.

That is one of the parts that really strikes me as important.

Isnt it true that you would get voicemail even if a person is on the phone, so one cannot really tell the phone was turned off unless they tried calling a bunch of times over a period of time and finally have to assume that.

So how would he be so certain her phone was off at a certain time? It doesnt make sense to me.

Exactly. It's what really pushed me over the edge as far as suspecting foul play on his part.

If he was supposed to pick up the boy, why did the school have to call him at 6?

Yes, the school did call at 6 to say no one had picked up the boy. I am pretty sure that she was the person who picked up and dropped off, as she was the stay at home mom at that time.

And in the original reports, it was said that 'she did not pick up her son.'

Does it makes sense that she would leave her diaper bag and purse at home, turn off her phone, and hang out at a neighbours, and never check in with anyone, including her husband? --- For 11 hours she wouldn't check in with him?

That doesn't make sense to me and it seems weird that he didn't have any concerns about it.

You don't have to be especially 'observant' to realise that your son needs to be picked up from school and your wife's car is in the parking lot and she and the baby are are nowhere to be found.

This is the thing, if her car was sat there, from the time he apparently came home from his job early afternoon, straight on through dinner time, just how did SC think HB could possibly be picking up their son at school?

I could buy a bit of ‘maybe she strolled to the neighbors’ mindset for part of the afternoon but...

I am so curious what the cell pings and other records and any nearby surveillance cams show. They have got to shed some light. In almost 2020 I can’t believe there are no functioning exterior security cameras on that property.

Isnt it true that you would get voicemail even if a person is on the phone, so one cannot really tell the phone was turned off unless they tried calling a bunch of times over a period of time and finally have to assume that.

So how would he be so certain her phone was off at a certain time? It doesnt make sense to me.

if you call and a person is on the phone or “sends you to voicemail,” there’s at least a ring first. When a phone is powered down, there’s no ring or pause at all.

One of the many disappearing articles references her self-described best friend, who he called and relayed the dog / balcony, door open, etc. info to. Not sure if she's the friend he's referring to that lives in the complex. But her best friend was quoted by multiple news outlets that snipped her then public FB posts after he called her.

I recall seeing that post, but
1) she doesn't say that she's the person in the complex and
2) she doesn't go over and look herself - if she were in the complex wouldn't she walk over, and not just take his word? and
3) he doesn't say it's her best friend when he mentions the friend who lives in the complex.

Still - we really don't know - and I wish that FB post were still active!

My husband would be worried right away. We parent as a team......... Husbands and wives function very much as a team especially in the very early days of parenting a new baby while everyone is recovering and getting adjusted in my experience. This not thinking anything was amiss for hours doesn't feel right to me as someone who has experienced recovering from birth while caring for a newborn aka "the fourth trimester."
That definitely is the ideal to have both parents working as a team. I never had THAT close a support simply because of work schedules and such. We were both military and while I had a whopping 4-6 weeks off (longer after my first who was a Csection than my subsequent second one after which I had only a two weeks off since I was badly needed at my work and had someone to watch the baby. I was allowed to go to the sitter's quarters to breastfeed if we were not needed off base and if push came to shove I could have sweet-talked my boss into more time off but my country needed me too and I had the world's best sitter who was a Mom of three and was in my opinion a candidate for sainthood! She was a second Mom to them. My job was important as were my children and I did my best to do good by both kids and assignments. Husbands do NOT get the same leniency in the military as active duty Moms. On short training missions they let me stay back sometimes but he had to go. I don't get the impression that SC and HB were as much of a team as some parents like you two but I could be wrong.

At this point, I'm openly speculating about why SC is wearing that beanie jammed down over his ears in every single interview.

I want him to take off the beanie.

And not just because it's proper etiquette, either.

JMO.
Oops. I just posted about this before reading your comment. Great minds.

Funny. We usually think to look at arms/sleeve length choice. This is the first time, that I remember, wondering about a hat.

if you call and a person is on the phone or “sends you to voicemail,” there’s at least a ring first. When a phone is powered down, there’s no ring or pause at all.
If a phone's battery is dead, or the receiver of the call is "out of area," or they have put you on "ignore," there is often no ring, either.

No way to know what it was.

Unless you shut the phone off yourself, that is.

VM is in “the cloud” so yes you still get VM. Even if the phone is off or the battery is dead.

So I don’t understand what he means by shut off.
Moo

The rocking and giggling remind me of a relative of mine who had learning disabilities and what would now be called social anxiety. Trying to release the anxiety.
I know- I've brought that up several times myself. I understand why he looks suspicious to others, but some of his actions remind me of someone with a learning disability. I think this is why I am hesitating in believing he is guilty- my heart and head aren't matching up, because I do see signs of an LD as well as anxiety. However, he could also have those issues and still be guilty, too.

Damn I hate when I can't form a solid opinion. Usually I sense things right away along with everyone else (and sometimes before many others, haha).

I really am not leaning in one particular direction until we know a little more but just wanted to offer a suggestion of why an unexpected unanticipated fight between adults may have caused the baby harm too. "the stairs"

I sure hope nobody was pushed or accidentally fell while running down a set of stairs and especially if someone had a baby in their arms.

This was a theory I posted about earlier today! Glad someone else is thinking this could be a possibility. If he was involved I don’t think it would be premeditated, and getting mad and tossing someone down the stairs is a real possibility. And then just stuffing them in the car.

I use the do not disturb feature when I'm filming tutorials or need to focus on work, and in that case (Iphone) it goes straight to VM. I'm not a mom, but if I were, I probably wouldn't use DND unless all my kids were accounted for - I can't see a mama with kids at school putting her phone on DND or turning it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288