The ransom note

SBTC - How about " Save Burke Through Christ!

neednewhobbie,
Could be, but if you just killed your daughter then staged a cover up crime-scene why then advertise any religious link via the capital letters?

For this to work, I reckon the Foreign Faction need to be a fundamentalist Christian sect, along Patsy being so deluded she thinks this is kosher reasoning?

The question is why bother killing JonBenet , staging a crime-scene then tell the world through SBTC how this links back to the killer or the killer's motive?

i'm brand new to WS but very familiar with JBR case.

it's all very murky and whatever theory someone has is easily challenged by others. same thing with JFK assassination. criticize warren commission/DPD/FBI/etc. all you want but your pet theory will have alot of holes in it too.

BUT the one thing i think is extremely likely is that PR wrote the ramsey note. the only other explanation is that some derelict, semi-homeless, sex addict broke into the house and deliberately copied PR's writing stroke and style. and to me, the note seems very consistent with a female journalism major writing it (it is a very well-written note, and has french accent on attache)... of course, someone could have framed PR, but to me that's like half the prison population who could have been elaborately framed. it just doesn't seem plausible. not impossible though

and i have read (not first hand i don't think) that PR changed her whole writing style since the event. of course, again, the trauma of the event changed her writing style. "no longer as confident and free flowing etc. etc."... class defense attorney stuff. i've seen bill james arguing about JBR murder but his stuff seems like defense attorneyy strategy as opposed to civil lawyer where it's the weight of the evidence itself.

as i said, the rest is very murky.

one thing that is not discussed much is it's world most inept kidnapping ever............ nothing seems consistent with kidnapping.

i guess there's argument that somehow she died by accident and kidnappers just wanted to get as far away as soon as possible... again, that's possible, but realistically doesn't seem plausible. and what would be the timing/chronology on that? note first? or death first? neither makes much sense ... and i'd think you'd get rid of the kidnapping note ASAP. rip it up and toss it away on way out.

Wasn't this book written in 2017?

Always a possibility you might know more than I do but I thought I read there was a book of John Douglas's in the house at the time of the crime. Only read about this just recently though. Cheers

i'm brand new to WS but very familiar with JBR case.

it's all very murky and whatever theory someone has is easily challenged by others. same thing with JFK assassination. criticize warren commission/DPD/FBI/etc. all you want but your pet theory will have alot of holes in it too.

BUT the one thing i think is extremely likely is that PR wrote the ramsey note. the only other explanation is that some derelict, semi-homeless, sex addict broke into the house and deliberately copied PR's writing stroke and style. and to me, the note seems very consistent with a female journalism major writing it (it is a very well-written note, and has french accent on attache)... of course, someone could have framed PR, but to me that's like half the prison population who could have been elaborately framed. it just doesn't seem plausible. not impossible though

and i have read (not first hand i don't think) that PR changed her whole writing style since the event. of course, again, the trauma of the event changed her writing style. "no longer as confident and free flowing etc. etc."... class defense attorney stuff. i've seen bill james arguing about JBR murder but his stuff seems like defense attorneyy strategy as opposed to civil lawyer where it's the weight of the evidence itself.

as i said, the rest is very murky.

Welcome to Websleuths. A ransom note especially if there was a draft in the trash would probably be written in a careful manner the same way you would write to a boss or turn in a paper or article at school or work. You want to sound professional vs friendly. Obviously, I don't mean kidnapper professional lol. As a journalism major you would have practice writing in different styles. I was an english major and they way I wrote papers was different than I post on here or message a friend.
That might have been the longest ransom note ever.

Always a possibility you might know more than I do but I thought I read there was a book of John Douglas's in the house at the time of the crime. Only read about this just recently though. Cheers

This is not me be funny but I do not know what books were in the Ramsey's house in 1996 because I was not there but I did read in an article one of John Douglas's books was in the house. This one was published in 1995:

Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit by John E. Douglas

This is from another forum reddit but here is a thread about the possible book:

Mindhunter : JonBenet

This is not me be funny but I do not know what books were in the Ramsey's house in 1996 because I was not there but I did read in an article one of John Douglas's books was in the house. This one was published in 1995:

Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit by John E. Douglas

This is from another forum reddit but here is a thread about the possible book:

Mindhunter : JonBenet

Here is some more information about the books supposedly found in the Ramsey's house and it includes the one mentioned above by John Douglas. I have read LE found it there. To me there are three options regarding the book. One the Ramsey's bought it and used it in the Ransom Note, two it was not found in the house and the rumours are false or another killer placed it there:

Books found in the house and office : JonBenet

s-Flight755-reading.htm

Of course the Ransom Note mentioned or mocked the FBI.

Here is some more information about the books supposedly found in the Ramsey's house and it includes the one mentioned above by John Douglas. I have read LE found it there. To me there are three options regarding the book. One the Ramsey's bought it and used it in the Ransom Note, two it was not found in the house and the rumours are false or another killer placed it there:

Books found in the house and office : JonBenet

s-Flight755-reading.htm

Of course the Ransom Note mentioned or mocked the FBI.

Here is some information about the Douglas book from one of the above links. It would be interesting to know if the Ramsey's bought it but I suppose in the big scheme of the brutal death of a six year old child it may not matter that much after all these years:

: From the ABC/Denver site:
: : : : : JONBENET RAMSEY CASE
: : : : : Does Book Yield a Clue in the Case?
: : : : : New information about the JonBenet Ramsey murder case today. 7NEWS has
: : : : : confirmed it involves a book by a well-known FBI profiler John Douglas.
: : : : : The book is called Mindhunter. 7NEWS has confirmed that investigators
: : : : : discovered the book in the Ramsey's bedroom. Sources tell us one of the
: : : : : parents was reading it, but we don't know which one. The Ramsey's have
: : : : : been questioned about it. The book describes many of the cases Douglas
: : : : : worked on while he was at the F.B.I. Investigators are particularly
: : : : : interested in a chapter that explains how the FBI helped catch Larry
: : : : : Gene Bell, who was convicted and sentenced to death for kidnapping and
: : : : : killing two girls in South Carolina in 1985. Experts say there are
: : : : : several similarities between the case described in that chapter and the
: : : : : Ramsey case. While the book doesn't mean anything by itself, when you
: : : : : put it together with all the other details of the murder, it's an
: : : : : important piece of information. We tried to contact the Ramsey's lawyers
: : : : : about this, but they did not return our call. John and Patsy Ramsey have
: : : : : said repeatedly they did not have anything to do with the death of their
: : : : : daughter.
: : : : =================================================

Welcome to Websleuths. A ransom note especially if there was a draft in the trash would probably be written in a careful manner the same way you would write to a boss or turn in a paper or article at school or work. You want to sound professional vs friendly. Obviously, I don't mean kidnapper professional lol. As a journalism major you would have practice writing in different styles. I was an english major and they way I wrote papers was different than I post on here or message a friend.
That might have been the longest ransom note ever.

The only case that even comes close in this level of a bizarre “ransom” note
Pizza collar-bomb case solved, official says

CherryMeg,

as trained journalist, are you not taught to be able to write good copy quickly and without revisions very quickly?

like when something big and controversial breaks, don't media outlets or big organizations want to be able to state something very substantive, very quickly without getting sued or getting things wrong?

i thought that was a very well-written note, and done it seemed in very close to "one take"..... to me, it seems like is NOT written by a male. maybe a very feminine male, i guess .... i can't see a mentally disturbed, pedophile drifter writing that note (with the french accent on attache)... of course, my argment on male/female leaves 3 billion potential wirters.

One thing I just realized when looking at the ransom note just now -- and perhaps it's been brought up before; if so, I apologize -- but if you look at the spaces after each and every period, the writer goes out of his/her way to include an extra (i.e. double) space. Just another tidbit about the note that points to the person having an English/Journalist background. I highly doubt a "regular" (i.e. no background) person would go out of the way to include that extra space in handwritten text. Also, the extra space is doubly odd because, there really is no reason to include a double space after a period in written notes.

The double space (which is now considered obsolete in modern writing, by the way) was initially introduced for typewriters, in that a typewriter gave equal space to each character -- so the extra space helped a document's readability. When computers came around, it was initially still good practice to use double spaces after periods; but as I mentioned before, now (as we are still in a computer age), the double-space after a period is obsolete. In handwritten notes, the double space is and has always been all but unnecessary.

My point is, whoever wrote the note, in 1996, had to have this method so ingrained in their mind that they automatically applied it to the ransom note -- even though it was completely unnecessary to do so. Just found that curious, as I had never noticed the extra spaces before.

CDE16jQlZKMhr3pDPt14fUy32C-xak5s5yYaLiop5leLF5Go7zdPnA-kA462FQGMQFY5rnM=s95

Patsy appears to be the only person since the 1400s who thinks "buriel" is the right spelling for someone's internment. "Advize" is at least plausible.

"Buriel" is a bad choice, but once chosen, she stuck with it for all five of her requested ransom note rewritings .

If I were going to deliberately misspell something the RN writer got right, I'd go for "deceive."

Did John have to rewrite the ransom note from dictation? I'd like to look at his.

Another thing about "burial" in the ransom note is that the word right above it, "denied," originally had "i" as the second letter. And it looks like the first letter was something other than "d." It looks like it might have been an "r." If so the RN writer originally wrote "ri" and then wrote "de" over that.

I haven't found an appropriate word for that place in the sentence starting with "ri" (and apparently the RN writer couldn't either). I suspect the RN writer was copying a previous draft of the ransom note, got off a line and wrote the "ri" of burial before realizing what had happened. It would be easier to envision this happening if the "b" of "burial" was covered. That's not unlikely because there would have been 9 pages of drafts lying around, getting in the way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back