GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Oxygen special last night and cried a lot. CW is my ex-husband in so many ways - such a nice guy who couldn't hurt a fly on the outside but a demon on the inside. They have all the same weird quirks right down to the world salad. What happened with Shannan could have been me but I'm lucky - or more realistically, it just hasn't happened to me yet.

I did have a nice take away in how much the police cared about Shannan tho - all of them will never forget her. I've been in terrible situations where the police escalated my DV, so I don't have the most positive outlook there but this restored my faith a tiny bit.
I finally ran across it and watched it on the internet a few minutes ago, as I don't have Hulu or even a TV. So I'm stunned, yet again with this case, those little girls, that loving Mom. What a good job. It is just so sad. I realize how the laws about the death penalty are changing throughout the USA. But this guy is right there with Couey (Murderer of Jessica Lunsford) as to who should have received the dp, IMO. (Well Couey did, but he cheated it all by dying first). It doesn't seem fair that CW is now a rock star in prison rotely churning out his bible verses and claiming that his lawyers told him that they were sure he'd never do that again if he were let out. And that he shouldn't be judged for a single lapse in his life. And encouraging both families to get together at the grave site to what, reminisce about old times? Now he's just changing his story all the time to get attention. Re Tammy....Even I (NuttMegg) have cried more than Chris Watts, and that's kind of a once in every few years thing with me, re tears.

Last edited:
MOD NOTE

ANY DISCUSSION OF ANY BOOK OR PUBLICATION THAT BASHES THE VICTIM OF THE CRIMES DISCUSSED ON THESE THREADS IS A VIOLATION OF THE VICTIM-FRIENDLY WEBSLEUTHS TERMS OF SERVICE AND WILL BE REMOVED.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

^^sbm

I personally couldn't watch CW's interview blaming Shan'ann more than once but I faintly recall Ronnie shockingly asking CW if the girls were alive when he stuffed them in the oil tanks and CW is seemingly annoyed telling him no! Did anyone else see or recall that?

I thought I remembered one of LE asking that question and he was like, "Oh, God, no!", like what do you people think I am, a monster?

‘I had to put the girls in the tanks so they wouldn’t get up the second time’: SHOCK confession from killer dad Chris Watts, who now says he planned family murder, and had earlier tried to kill his daughters: Report
“August 12th when I finished putting the girls to bed, I walked away and said ‘That’s the last time I’m going to be tucking my babies in,'” Watts reportedly said. “I knew what was going to happen the day before and I did nothing to stop it!’ he wrote.
I actually believe he knew the particular day ahead of time but just didn't count on the flight delay and the wellness check.

It is just my uneducated opinion that if the police had used a simple process of elimination to determine that his family could have only left through the garage, they could have detained CW briefly while reviewing the rest of the security footage from that morning. Once they deduced that the only way his family could have left was in his truck, he should have been arrested, IMO.

I think if he had been confronted with the fact that they knew had to have put them in the truck, his confession that day would have matched what he gave them at the prison if Tammy hadn't given him the idea to blame Shanann.

His original plan was to claim Shanann disappeared with the girls after threatening that he would never see them again when he asked for the separation. Of course he transitioned that into the source of his so-called rage in the prison interview.

I'll bet he was shocked when they didn't arrest him during the wellness check and that's why he was smirking in those porch interviews. Unfortunately for him, even Sandi Rzucek remembered his truck GPS and told LE.

No, he wouldn't have told the truth about his possible plan to dispose of her car, but if they had arrested him, seized his phones, protected the crime scene, etc, I believe we would have known for certain one way or the other if there was an accomplice since it wasn't until the next day that NK instructed him to delete everything.

So, you think NK was in on it and the cops blew their opportunity to bust her?

I think the plan he concocted while he was in NC was that he was going to disappear/leave after he got rid of SW & the babies. That's what I think that note is really about.

It annoys me to no end that Shannan's name was disparaged by something Tammy suggested that the evil one then ran with but at the same time I have to remember that they were trying to locate everyone at that point. They didn't have proof yet that there was a murder. They had to try whatever they could. Im sure she will never put something like that out there again in a future interrogation. I'm going to watch that Oxygen show tonight (assuming its on my hulu) and I think someone upthread mentioned she's very remorseful for that.

She has nothing to be remorseful about. Faux sympathizing with CW and tricking him into thinking that anyone might believe he had a valid reason to kill Shannan was a good tactic and it worked. It was fortunate that he didn't have a lawyer instructing him to keep his trap shut and LE had to work fast to get that confession before he did.

I don't think anyone should be surprised that a killer would spin some BS story and blame his victim. That happens all of the time. It's CW's parents and sister who have worked over time to trash Shannan and they would have done that regardless of any tactic used by an interrogator. Normal people know they're full of sh** and spewing venom.

So, you think NK was in on it and the cops blew their opportunity to bust her?
I've yet to watch the Oxygen special, but apparently Nate had this to say:
I was hoping to catch Shan'ann leaving with Bella and Celeste. I was hoping we might catch somebody coming and picking them up to take them on a playdate like Chris had said. But we had picked up no other motion, or anything like that coming from their house.

My understanding is that Nate's camera's field of view covered the whole driveway exit to the street, so if Shanann and the girls left that way it should have picked up them walking out to a different car or a different car leaving their driveway, but it didn't.

Since CW was well aware of Nate's camera and his truck GPS, IMO he was counting on the camera to be his alibi, showing him leaving in his truck and Shanann's car leaving separately later. To do that convincingly, he would have needed an accomplice so he could prove he was elsewhere when it left.

I don't want to say that NK was in on it, I just think LE was remiss in not pursuing it further.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add that since the front and back doors were locked from the inside and the camera would have picked up an accomplice entering through the garage, that his/her likely entry point would have been through an unlocked window, before driving Shanann's car away.
It's reasonable to assume an possible accomplice would have entered the house that way, but it's not reasonable to think Shanann and her daughters would have left that way.

I've yet to watch the Oxygen special, but apparently Nate had this to say:
I was hoping to catch Shan'ann leaving with Bella and Celeste. I was hoping we might catch somebody coming and picking them up to take them on a playdate like Chris had said. But we had picked up no other motion, or anything like that coming from their house.

My understanding is that Nate's camera's field of view covered the whole driveway exit to the street, so if Shanann and the girls left that way it should have picked up them walking out to a different car or a different car leaving their driveway, but it didn't.

Since CW was well aware of Nate's camera and his truck GPS, IMO he was counting on the camera to be his alibi, showing him leaving in his truck and Shanann's car leaving separately later. To do that convincingly, he would have needed an accomplice so he could prove he was elsewhere when it left.

I don't want to say that NK was in on it, I just think LE was remiss in not pursuing it further.

Okay, but a couple of things I think you're not taking into account are that an investigation that yields enough evidence to justify an arrest takes a little time and you cannot arrest or forcefully detain (for any length of time) based upon reasonable suspicion. As it played out, CW went of his own accord, without a lawyer, to the station and gave them what they needed even before a full investigation could have been done. His confession and incarceration happened extraordinarily fast.

As for finding out if NK and CW actually had any plans to ditch the car, later that day (messed up by NA), I understand your frustration and point. IMO, as I stated earlier, I don't think NK would put herself in a position to be a party to a crime like this. I don't think she was looking for a psychopath boyfriend and don't believe she was interested in going to prison. She may be a despicable *advertiser censored* but being involved in the murder is a whole other thing. I just don't see it but understand how you and others might.

I'm listening to NK interview that she had her Dad with her. She lied about so much, deleted so much. I told him to work on his marriage, oh look at my Hooters,and my Meow. "I don't even know her name." When pushed said her name with extreme venom,and hatred. Worked so hard to keep things investigators asked for from them.
SMH.

I'm listening to NK interview that she had her Dad with her. She lied about so much, deleted so much. I told him to work on his marriage, oh look at my Hooters,and my Meow. "I don't even know her name." When pushed said her name with extreme venom,and hatred. Worked so hard to keep things investigators asked for from them.
SMH.

Are there just two interviews with her?

I’m thinking of Shan’ann’s family as they face another holiday season without their daughter, Sister and Grandchildren. I can’t imagine how difficult each day must be not just the holiday season and my heart goes out to them.

Thank you to all of you for continuing to post here and for the support you give.

Healing should begin for them as the second set of holidays roll around but as we know, they've not been afforded the peace that is required for that process begin. The books....the movies...its too much.

Somewhere I saw that about a movie and was sickened. Filthy opportunists making money off of this tragedy.

Somewhere I saw that about a movie and was sickened. Filthy opportunists making money off of this tragedy.

Exactly. I don’t ever see a time it’ll be ‘right’ to make or watch a movie about these horrific deaths. Personally - and even though I never knew Shan’ann and her children - this feels too close to home, too painful. As though it happened to a friend, not somebody I never met...
How her family and friends cope, I can’t begin to imagine.

Exactly. I don’t ever see a time it’ll be ‘right’ to make or watch a movie about these horrific deaths. Personally - and even though I never knew Shan’ann and her children - this feels too close to home, too painful. As though it happened to a friend, not somebody I never met...
How her family and friends cope, I can’t begin to imagine.

In 100 years, maybe. Not now.

It's funny how people connect soul to soul - sometimes through terrible circumstances like these. My spiritual side teaches that we all knew each other before and that's why certain people gravitate towards certain people but I know my beliefs aren't everyone's. I often wonder how Mamma R is doing with her spirituality.

In theory, I guess LE could have thought Shannan left through the back door with the girls, as CW said to Det Baumhover that she could have been picked up. Obviously it would still be weird that she left her purse,phone and meds - but not sure they had enough at that point to treat as potential murder.
In my uneducated opinion, they had more than enough to detain him for questioning after the wellness check on reasonable suspicion that he committed a crime just based on the fact her purse, phone, meds, etc, were still inside and basic common sense dictated that the only way his family could have left that house was in his truck.

I also believe they should have considered the possibility of an accomplice from day one since there very well could have been a plan to have someone else dispose of her car.

During the prison interview, I recall him being prodded to admit how he didn't like Shanann forcing him to be in those FB videos and a number of questions about those caffeine-enhanced Thrive patches, but not a single question about what he might have planned to do with her car.

They did ask about why he looked up the "Battery" lyrics, and he told them NK had asked him about their meaning, but it wasn't right before arriving or right after leaving the oil site, even though he did indeed do so right after disposing of his family. Not a single followup question about that obvious lie.

When asked about his contact with NK after the murders, he told them that NK had texted him weird questions the day after asking him the name of her yoga studio and the name of her dog, and only after confirming he had access to the phone and not LE, did she instruct him to delete everything.

Yet somehow the detectives thought that NK might have believed Shanann had access to his phone, so she was asking him questions about his dog and his yoga studio, which made absolutely zero sense, especially since NK knew that Shanann and the girls were still missing.

Regarding the recovery of texts between NK & CW, I only recall seeing maybe a dozen in the discovery and those were provided to them by NK. The discovery specifically mentioned that none the texts from their work phones were recovered. There should have been hundreds if not thousands of texts between those two since they were texting each other constantly. What happened to those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆