GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Another FYI: The Colorado Dept. of Corrections has again moved convicted murderer Patrick Frazee. He's now being housed at the Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility in Ordway. That's about 90 minutes southeast of Colorado Springs. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:51 AM - 19 Dec 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The move comes after Frazee was transferred to the Colorado State Penitentiary last week. Not sure on the reason why. He was convicted in November in the murder of his former fiancé Kelsey Berreth. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:55 AM - 19 Dec 2019

CDOC Offender Search

Last edited:

I read the news report at link and I'm still confused!

PF's guilty verdict was handed down on Nov 18, 2019 and PF is now gone from Teller County Jail so at 1500 calls since his conviction would be more than 50 calls per day??

I don't think the jail allows inmates the liberty to be walking around at all hours to use the phone. Also, I think it's more realistic that PF made about 5 calls per day if the 1500 count was since his arrest and not the verdict.

MOO

PF's guilty verdict was handed down on Nov 18, 2019 and PF is now gone from Teller County Jail so at 1500 calls since his conviction would be more than 50 calls per day??

I don't think the jail allows inmates the liberty to be walking around at all hours to use the phone. Also, I think it's more realistic that PF made about 5 calls per day if the 1500 count was since his arrest and not the verdict.

MOO
Do I am wondering if it is some kind of phone system set up where you have to pay per call. The article said he used $ for a media source to make calls.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Another FYI: The Colorado Dept. of Corrections has again moved convicted murderer Patrick Frazee. He's now being housed at the Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility in Ordway. That's about 90 minutes southeast of Colorado Springs. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:51 AM - 19 Dec 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The move comes after Frazee was transferred to the Colorado State Penitentiary last week. Not sure on the reason why. He was convicted in November in the murder of his former fiancé Kelsey Berreth. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:55 AM - 19 Dec 2019

CDOC Offender Search

Don't think this is good news! I think it's one of the newer built prisons (1987) in CO and a couple of years after it opened, two inmates escaped -- by helicopter!

Copter Swoops Down on Colorado Prison and Frees 2 Inmates

Last edited:

MOO
I'm confused too! I watched the video in the news link. How could he make that many calls and they didn't know he was making them?? They found out later? What kind of prison is this! Who the heck was he calling? I mean, was he trying to arrange his little revenge hits? I put nothing past him.

Heh, the media who was "shocked and amazed" that they were manipulated into giving him money and got nothing in return. Like seriously, do they have any idea who they were dealing with??!!

Do I am wondering if it is some kind of phone system set up where you have to pay per call. The article said he used $ for a media source to make calls.

Absolutely there's a fee per minute for phone calls -- either inmate pays or the recipient has to accept the charges. I recall years ago it was an insane amount charged per minute and I believe reform came after lawsuits. Phone systems are typically handled by private contractors to the DOC.

This link says the FCC finally capped the rates in 2013

State of Phone Justice

@susiQ he made the calls the way that reads. 1500.
So why is he allowed that many calls going out or coming in.

And it was my understanding, that all calls from jail and or prison had to be collect? That many were done collect? I can't even fathom

ETA, Reading Post just above mine oh, it appears that they may not have to be collect anymore. I guess I am outdated in my understanding

And it was my understanding, that all calls from jail and or prison had to be collect? That many were done collect? I can't even fathom

ETA, Reading Post just above mine oh, it appears that they may not have to be collect anymore. I guess I am outdated in my understanding

I think the change was forced after many households opted to give up their landlines with big bell companies. The only thing that remains is the warning that the call is from prison and is being recorded. (Anybody including the inmate groupies can contribute to inmates debit account that is used for calls and commissary).

Also, I believe that phone rate reform was very slow because there was a kickback to the State DOC with such high profits (i.e., phone contractor shared revenue percentage with DOC).

MOO

Sorry as usual... I'm behind.
I believe that callers CAN'T call a prisoner. Only prisoners can call out at set times.
Sorry if I'm off track with the discussion, I'm usually a bit distracted.

Last edited:
Awesome!!! :)

A key business member recently announced that many residents and business owners teamed up to renovate Berreth’s former residence in attempts to cleanse the property of any negative connotations it may have incurred due to the fact that it was a crime scene, where a horrific and brutal killing occurred.

[…]

Within a few months of Patrick Frazee getting arrested for Berreth’s murder, the owners of Williams’ Log Cabin Furniture VG and JG, figured out a way they could help the Berreth family and organized a crew of concerned citizens that would work towards revamping the property that once was the site of a disturbing crime scene. The furniture store owners met the Berreth family shortly after her death was announced to the public, and instantly started searching for ways they could help them.

[…]

According to JG, everyone they reached out to was more than willing to provide what they could to assist the Berreth family after the tragedy they suffered. Just by asking, the G's were able to get the help from more than a dozen people and local businesses.

[...]
That's so awesome!

"There was at least one media outfit that did send money to Mr. Frazee," Couch said.

The efforts didn't work. Frazee never answered their phone calls, but presumably used the money sent to him for other calls.

"They were shocked and amazed that they were manipulated to giving him money and got nothing in return," said Couch.

What idiots.

DEC 19, 2019
Convicted killer Patrick Frazee moved to new Colorado prison
[...]

The reason for the transfer is unclear, but for Frazee, it could be a step up in comfort. The Ordway facility is considered medium security, while the Colorado State Penitentiary is a maximum-security prison.

"We have internal processes for evaluating offender placement based on needs and risk. Mr. Frazee has been assessed and placed accordingly," said Colorado Department of Corrections spokeswoman Annie Skinner.

Skinner did not reply to a message asking for more detail about the assessment process or why Frazee had a brief stop at one facility before being transferred to another.

[…]

Frazee reportedly made or received upward of 1,500 calls at the Teller County jail in the week after his conviction, according to KRDO, which cited information from the Teller County Sheriff’s Office. Clergymen and media members were among those who reached out to him, the news station said.

DEC 19, 2019
Convicted killer Patrick Frazee moved to new Colorado prison
[...]

The reason for the transfer is unclear, but for Frazee, it could be a step up in comfort. The Ordway facility is considered medium security, while the Colorado State Penitentiary is a maximum-security prison.

"We have internal processes for evaluating offender placement based on needs and risk. Mr. Frazee has been assessed and placed accordingly," said Colorado Department of Corrections spokeswoman Annie Skinner.

Skinner did not reply to a message asking for more detail about the assessment process or why Frazee had a brief stop at one facility before being transferred to another.

[…]

Frazee reportedly made or received upward of 1,500 calls at the Teller County jail in the week after his conviction, according to KRDO, which cited information from the Teller County Sheriff’s Office. Clergymen and media members were among those who reached out to him, the news station said.

They sure as hell better not put him in medium security! This is a guy who was willing to kill a slew of people to stay out of prison. Yikes.

Those clergy who called PF are dopes, too. It's the do-gooder mentality that thinks a psychopath can "find God".

They sure as hell better not put him in medium security! This is a guy who was willing to kill a slew of people to stay out of prison. Yikes.

Those clergy who called PF are dopes, too. It's the do-gooder mentality that thinks a psychopath can "find God".
They’re not dopes. Maybe they feel called to reach out to the least of these. And they’re not psychiatrists capable of giving a diagnosis. Just people who want to serve. Unselfishness gives with no expectation of a return. He’s the bad dude, not them.

Exactly. He should be crushing rocks 16 hours a day, have gruel for subsistence, and sleep on the floor.

Instead, he is coddled, and well treated. Free medical care, nutritional needs, recreation, all daily needs met, has the opportunity to purchase snacks. And he will be protected by guards.

He whacked a woman who had his child with a baseball bat.

Society pendulum on the rights of criminals has swung so far left, it has completely forgotten that the victims had their rights taken away by the criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks