TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaming for speculation of what the average occurance is in most crimes (look at those closest and unfortunately male against female crime stats) is unfair especially in a forum open to any and all scenarios. I myself went the gamete of possible baby kidnapping, double kidnapping, double murder because this forum allows brainstorming in the area of sleuthing without prejudice. It could have easily gone the other direction.

I think the guilt over suspecting the significant other at first is unwarranted. Of course you will look very closely at a boyfriend or husband when a woman goes missing. It's fair to point out suspicious behavior or inconsistencies in their version of events. Where you cross the line is when you directly accuse them, pronounce them guilty, harass them or their family on social media, contact them, or claim inside knowledge when you don't have any. Almost none of that happens on this site however.

This is a very sad story that is difficult for me to comprehend. I am glad that there is at least a silver lining.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have quoted your post.

I only meant. I value this site for its no-innuendo-without-a-link and victim-friendly policy.

But we all know how many posts the moderators have to delete every hour and we all know "sitting on my hands" means "he did it".

Do we, though?

I grant we may know "that" posts were deleted. We don't know they weren't some posts that were deleted because the dissenters were making a mountain out of a molehill, and moderators wanted them to stop throwing up alerts for things that are subjective and not at all alertable.

"Sitting on my hands", also, IMO, is fluid, and can and has involved such points of view as "this information isn't MSM knowledge and thus I can't discuss it, although I'm pretty sure this is true"; "this arrest and conviction record isn't something we can talk about, because nobody has revealed the name of the person I know they're all talking about with my insider information"; and probably other outcomes that I haven't even thought of.

Ah, I see. She may have forced her to get into the trunk and then...
MOO
Guess have to wait on autopsy and see how was done if she could do it on her own because if was dead before it would be lot harder to get her in there dead weight lot harder to pick up and move but if magen had ie Margo on her arms and even small knife would be enough to get Heidi to be compliant out of fear of her baby being hurt

After reading about the friendship and picking myself up off the floor here a few times, numerous times, this has to qualify as a death penalty case.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but this has to be a first. I know of no other cases where a long time close friend was responsible for the murder of the mother of a newborn, for the sole purpose if kidnapping a child.

Blown away, and right before Christmas. So incredibly sad.

I think it will be interesting to learn whether this woman (I can barely even give her the dignity of using a name) spoke out at all about HB's disappearance. IMO, if she didn't and she really was such a close friend of Heidi's (at the birth, etc.), that would get my attention if I were LE.

Brand new member who has been following since Jayme Closs. I've read about 80% of the comments as yet for this case.
I'm not a very "sleuthy" person and I don't have a good BS detector. However, in this case I just felt that SC was truly anxious and scared and flustered, could not comport himself in the way we may have wished, but was innocent. The timeline and the "two beautiful women" comment rang some sort of bell, but I thought he understandably could not articulate himself under these circumstances.
The horror of this is unspeakable. My only additional thought is that I wonder if maybe the longtime friend had some kind of ideation about Shane and thought she could kill Heidi, keep the baby and have some type of family with him. Now, though, it appears she is in a relationship and has had other children, but they were removed?
I'm not sure, just speculation on motive. I can't even say JMO or MOO because my thoughts don't rise to the level of opinion, just a very random thought.
Thank you for all the good work that all of you do here.
If I've trespassed against any rule, please just let me know gently!

Omg. Well,

this confirms my belief they were onto her early on, just unable to locate her.

Respectfully, the address the suspect was found at with the infant and with the mom’s body is a matter of public record, associated with the suspect long enough for me to see that it was listed as a residence for her. Do you think the suspect was hiding somewhere else?

While it was definitely wrong to make any accusations of him in a public forum, they're not entirely wrong to have those thoughts, though. His behavior during his public pleas appeared "off" to some who believed he knew more than he was telling because he was guilty of something. I said early on that his comments and behavior were indicative of what relatives are advised to say to the public when coached by law enforcement. He DID know and was in a horrible, incomprehensible, mind-reeling position that most of us wouldn't be able to handle as well as he did. Imagine knowing or even having the unthinkable idea of what happened to your loved one and then having to go out there and make public statements. LE knew early on that's why the FBI and other entities were involved.

His behavior was completely normal and expected
if you think of it from the prospective that they (LE, SC, her parents) had a good idea of what had happened and were hoping to appeal to the kidnappers by humanizing her. ALL of his statements indicate that they knew what had happened: telling the public he was at the "T-Mobile store: to let the kidnappers LE had that information. I said this early on and so many people wouldn't consider anything other than his behavior was borne of guilt. That, too, isn't entirely unreasonable because he may not have been aware earlier that she was missing - most of us would feel some guilt. But, we don't know that he wasn't worried much earlier and LE only became concerned when he told them she didn't pick up their son. We don't know and it doesn't matter. He was right about her phone being turned off earlier that day.

They knew early on. This also explains the interview inside the home. I thought the person on the other end of the phone was either a reporter working with LE or LE themselves - the questions and answers were designed specifically for SC to get information out to the kidnappers. It also explains SC's comment about "just wanting to appear normal" - he knew what happened, he was DEVASTATED as anyone would be. Trying to "be normal" so as not to alarm the kidnappers that LE was closing in and to let HB and Margo go. I think that early on, they suspected she was kidnapped to get the baby and that an expected scenario would be that HB would be discarded (I'm sorry for that word) and the baby kept - that's why he said to feed the baby, put them by the side of the road, etc.

SC had NOTHING to do with this and I'd take bets on it. Money had nothing to do with this. His words and actions make perfect sense when you realize they already knew (but hoped wouldn't end this way) what had happened and were working on trying to calm the kidnappers so they wouldn't panic and kill her. ("HB could have walked away...or not", "it's a unique case", there are no POIs, etc.)

Jeepers, people: for the life of me, it's mind-boggling to me how so many people made statements here wondering if LE/FBI/investigators did this or that as if they had no idea how to investigate anything. They know more than WE will ever know.

I hope everyone in the early threads who had already made up their minds in the first 5 minutes that Heidi's husband was guilty based on their attempts at body language and statement analysis is feeling really confident in their lie detection skills right now. Poor guy just lost his 33-year-old wife and is now forced into the position of being a single dad to a 1-month-old because some selfish *** thought they were entitled to a baby. Can't imagine how he is feeling.

Scenario? Heidi took the baby and car seat in, grabbed her keys to go and rettieve her purse, MF drove up - whomever helped her, if she had help, forced Heidi into the car while MF went upstairs and grabbed the baby, leaving the door open/unlocked.

I don't believe she was forced into the trunk at an apartment community. They may have been threatening Margot's life to get HB's cooperation.

JMO - no statements yet that anyone was with het.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305