GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV
2:15 PM · Dec 20, 2019
Some personal & bittersweet news: Next week is my last here at @KOAA
. While I’ll always cherish my time in Colorado & miss this place — I’m headed back home to Milwaukee to join the talented team at @fox6now
, starting in January

Sam is going home! Ohhhh Sam! Congratulations! We will follow your career and best wishes.

I can't capture it all in screenshot his messagesamgoodbye.JPG so click on here to view

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

@PommyMommy

Last edited:
Aw sweet Sam!

Sam Kraemer TV

Some personal & bittersweet news: Next week is my last at KOAA 5.

I’ll always remember one of my first breaking news assignments in Colorado Springs. Barely a month in, we tragically lost a sheriff’s deputy in the line of duty. I was assigned to cover the procession, but I found myself more focused on & in awe of the community support shown that night than actually doing my job. Truly, I felt like I was in over my head because of the standards & expectations set at News 5.

It took a few months, but eventually, things clicked. I developed a better understanding for the community values, met more people that make this place what it is & finally felt comfortable in my new home.

That said, in what was a bittersweet decision for me, I’m saying goodbye to colorful Colorado at the end of the year. I’ve accepted a reporting job at FOX6 News Milwaukee, one of the stations my family watched growing up there.

I’ve been able to reflect on my time at News 5 & the first thing that comes to mind is an overwhelming sense of gratitude. My colleagues are incredible, and it’s been a pleasure to work along side them. Our leadership has given us the tools to tell powerful stories in creative ways. Our viewers not only watch & pay attention — they engage with our content. In a time of skepticism toward the press, it’s rewarding to be trusted for a job like this. This place is really all you can ask for as a journalist.

Seldom do we get the chance, especially in TV, to do what we love around the people we love. It’s always been a goal of mine to make it back home at some point, and when this opportunity came along, I couldn’t resist. I can’t wait to join the team at FOX6 next month & report in my hometown.

So, thank you to everyone that makes southern Colorado what it is. I’m always going to cherish this place.

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV
2:15 PM · Dec 20, 2019
Some personal & bittersweet news: Next week is my last here at @KOAA
. While I’ll always cherish my time in Colorado & miss this place — I’m headed back home to Milwaukee to join the talented team at @fox6now
, starting in January

Sam is going home! Ohhhh Sam! Congratulations! We will follow your career and best wishes.

I can't capture it all in screenshot his messageView attachment 221399 so click on here to view

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

@PommyMommy

Sam did such an amazing job on the Kelsey case, and so many more. I hope the glowing emails written by many of us helped him as he pursued and landed a new position in his hometown. He deserves great things in his career, and he truly seems to be a likeable person, too.

Kudos and congrats to Sam!

"This is a guy who was willing to kill a slew of people to stay out of prison. Yikes."

Am sorry, haven't followed as closely as some...was unaware of this, how do we know this?

TIA!

PF tried to bargain with a jailhouse “buddy” to make trial witnesses disappear. May have offered him bail money in exchange for working the hit list. Problem is the hit list was written on paper towels that said buddy happened to show up with at the murder trial. With the prosecutor and the head of CBI’s names on the list, that didn’t work out well for PF.

Kelsey Berreth murder trial: Patrick Frazee had hit list of witnesses to kill, inmate says in testimony

PF tried to bargain with a jailhouse “buddy” to make trial witnesses disappear. May have offered him bail money in exchange for working the hit list. Problem is the hit list was written on paper towels that said buddy happened to show up with at the murder trial. With the prosecutor and the head of CBI’s names on the list, that didn’t work out well for PF.

Kelsey Berreth murder trial: Patrick Frazee had hit list of witnesses to kill, inmate says in testimony

Am always amazed when I read about someone who is so obviously deluded in their murderous intent.

Somehow, PF thought he could get away with murdering all these people...that no one would tie him to their deaths.

Delusion coupled with evil.

WTH. Dont they watch whar
Awesome!!! :)

A key business member recently announced that many residents and business owners teamed up to renovate Berreth’s former residence in attempts to cleanse the property of any negative connotations it may have incurred due to the fact that it was a crime scene, where a horrific and brutal killing occurred.

[…]

Within a few months of Patrick Frazee getting arrested for Berreth’s murder, the owners of Williams’ Log Cabin Furniture VG and JG, figured out a way they could help the Berreth family and organized a crew of concerned citizens that would work towards revamping the property that once was the site of a disturbing crime scene. The furniture store owners met the Berreth family shortly after her death was announced to the public, and instantly started searching for ways they could help them.

[…]

According to JG, everyone they reached out to was more than willing to provide what they could to assist the Berreth family after the tragedy they suffered. Just by asking, the G's were able to get the help from more than a dozen people and local businesses.

[...]

Bravo

I had family from WP visiting over the weekend. One of them is around PF’s age and went to grade school with him, but doesn’t remember him and all of his friends that went to HS with PF say they don’t remember much of him either. They said everyone in the area says he was known to be really rough and aggressive with the animals he handled. Other than that, I knew more than they did about the case. :eek:

JMO but PF strikes me as someone who began harming animals at a very young age and got by with it. No one did anything to stop him, and it’s difficult to believe that no one knew.

It appears that treatment escalated to his interactions with people. Perhaps KB was the first person he killed but she certainly wasn’t the first person he harmed. And still, there was no punishment for his treatment of others — we know he is capable of threats.

I believe he grew up as the golden boy in his family, and was regarded in that way by at least one person. Someone who made excuses for him his entire life and is still making excuses and lying.

Were they afraid of him? I would have been and would have distanced myself from him as soon as I could get away from that house. It seems pretty obvious that the siblings do not get along and possibly didn’t before this whole estate thing came about. But I believe they knew what he was capable of and ignored it. And really, what could they do about his previous actions?

I admit that I am confused about there attempts to gain custody of the baby. They obviously disliked her mother. The brother said in testimony that he didn’t even know KB or the baby. He was probably the lucky one to get as far away from that atmosphere as possible. But I don’t think they want that baby for love. There are other motives.

I’m sorry, I’m rambling today and upset that no one even tried to get him help, or so it appears, when it became obvious he was a self obsessed narcissist. Although I don’t think people who get pleasure from harming any living creature can really be helped.

MOO

JMO but PF strikes me as someone who began harming animals at a very young age and got by with it. No one did anything to stop him, and it’s difficult to believe that no one knew.

It appears that treatment escalated to his interactions with people. Perhaps KB was the first person he killed but she certainly wasn’t the first person he harmed. And still, there was no punishment for his treatment of others — we know he is capable of threats.

I believe he grew up as the golden boy in his family, and was regarded in that way by at least one person. Someone who made excuses for him his entire life and is still making excuses and lying.

Were they afraid of him? I would have been and would have distanced myself from him as soon as I could get away from that house. It seems pretty obvious that the siblings do not get along and possibly didn’t before this whole estate thing came about. But I believe they knew what he was capable of and ignored it. And really, what could they do about his previous actions?

I admit that I am confused about there attempts to gain custody of the baby. They obviously disliked her mother. The brother said in testimony that he didn’t even know KB or the baby. He was probably the lucky one to get as far away from that atmosphere as possible. But I don’t think they want that baby for love. There are other motives.

I’m sorry, I’m rambling today and upset that no one even tried to get him help, or so it appears, when it became obvious he was a self obsessed narcissist. Although I don’t think people who get pleasure from harming any living creature can really be helped.

MOO

Very thoughtful and moving post.

I have suspected that PF was 'off' from an early age and that only circumstances kept him out of trouble until now. We don't know how his parents' divorce played out - how long the marriage was falling apart until the divorce was 'over' - and how that time period affected PF. Perhaps he was closer to his dad than his mom. Depending on the marriage and divorce, his folks might have been too distracted to notice anything odd in his behavior - besides, anything off might very well have been dismissed as him acting out in reaction to the divorce.

I do not understand why EF and SF are fighting to adopt Baby K either. Given the way both SF and EF treated KB, I wouldn't think they'd want anything to do with her child. On the other hand, Baby K clearly is the only likely offspring PF is ever going to have.

MOO

I agree with everything, but I believe that SF got attached to the baby. It happens. I would not be surprised if the principal concern potential custody rights was coming from SF.

I wonder how PF did at school.

I agree with everything, but I believe that SF got attached to the baby. It happens. I would not be surprised if the principal concern potential custody rights was coming from SF.

I wonder how PF did at school.

I agree and believe you are right. I'll bet PF never had much attachment to the baby, but SF sure did.

DEC 19, 2019
Convicted killer Patrick Frazee moved to new Colorado prison
[...]

The reason for the transfer is unclear, but for Frazee, it could be a step up in comfort. The Ordway facility is considered medium security, while the Colorado State Penitentiary is a maximum-security prison.

"We have internal processes for evaluating offender placement based on needs and risk. Mr. Frazee has been assessed and placed accordingly," said Colorado Department of Corrections spokeswoman Annie Skinner.

Skinner did not reply to a message asking for more detail about the assessment process or why Frazee had a brief stop at one facility before being transferred to another.

[…]

Frazee reportedly made or received upward of 1,500 calls at the Teller County jail in the week after his conviction, according to KRDO, which cited information from the Teller County Sheriff’s Office. Clergymen and media members were among those who reached out to him, the news station said.
Utterly ridiculous that he made that many phone calls after he was convicted? How does this happen that he gets such a privilege, and for how many hours per day was he on the phone?

Utterly ridiculous that he made that many phone calls after he was convicted? How does this happen that he gets such a privilege, and for how many hours per day was he on the phone?
I won’t be surprised if he becomes another celebrity, like Ted Bundy, and starts receiving letters from women hoping to “reform” him. It happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni