TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had a child so don't know the answer to this but is the birth certificate created and goes home with the baby or is this something that Mom/Dad have to initiate later?

You fill out the information for the birth certficate at the hospital - someone comes by to do that after you've picked a name. But you don't get a copy unless you order one, and that's both extra money and time to wait. (ETA: This is based on my own experience.)

I don't know if you're asking the question because you're wondering about Margo's birth certificate or the fake baby.

A Cracker Barrel corporate spokeswoman said Friday that employees at the Buda location would be offered counseling and other services to cope with the loss of Broussard, who had worked at the restaurant since 2015.

“We are in shock and are deeply saddened to have lost one of our own,” said Janella Escobar, who works in the chain’s corporate communications. “Right now we’re trying to help our employees the best we can to deal with something like this at this time of year. Our sincere thoughts are with Heidi’s loved ones. We can’t begin to think how they’re dealing at this moment.”

“She was always fun to be with,” she said.

Banning said many of the restaurant’s regular customers who knew Broussard were emotional. Some cried after hearing she had been missing, she said.

“It was hard to come in,” Banning said. “I had to do it because we’re short-handed.”
Buda restaurant co-worker recalls Heidi Broussard as friendly, well-liked

Regarding a neighbour hearing an argument after 1pm:

-We know Heidi's phone went straight to voicemail when Shane tried to call at 1:40pm and that she had already been taken when he got home at 2pm.

-The neighbour said he heard a muffled argument after 1pm.

Is it possible that the argument was between Heidi and MF (can't even bring myself to use her name) because Heidi had picked up her phone and been about to try and message or call Shane, but MF then grabbed the phone from Heidi and turned it off? It could have even happened literally as Shane was calling Heidi at 1:40pm but MF had hold of the phone and declined the call immediately and then turned off the phone.

All just MOO but I'm pretty convinced that if a neighbour heard an argument after 1pm then it must have been between Heidi and MF.

It would help if they mentioned whether the argument was between 2 women or not. They don't make it sound that way, which is odd, because the neighbors knew who lived there. You'd think the sex of the voices would be discernible.

Did the dog bark? Were there other sounds, like banging?

Last edited:
I cannot believe that Silas and Margot would go to anyone else but Shane. Because his partner is murdered in a high profile case, he doesn’t have the same right as any other father who loses their spouse in a tragedy they didn’t create? He did not murder her. Why would he not get custody ASAP?

Exactly. If she had died in a car crash, were they going to swoop in and take the kids, I doubt it.

You're getting your babies confused. This is Margo.
You are absolutely right!! Too many babies,
It's major reach indeed.

I don't know...? I think it would be good for Silas to be with his dad and his big sister, because that's his normal. Having a probably confused and scared 6-year-old changing his routines more than he needs to doesn't seem like such a great idea. Also, if he's staying at a hotel with Heidi's parents (which, I don't know if that's the case, but they don't live in Texas) that's not a very stable situation. He needs his bedroom, a place to do his homework. Now, if Shane asked Heidi's parents to keep Silas for a little bit so he could be his head on the right place and get back on his feet, that's different. I don't doubt that Shane is having a really hard time, but I can't see how Heidi's parents could be doing any better.
There was no name change. The "friend" that killed Heidi and took Margo told someone that she had just had a baby, a girl named Luna Mae. We know Luna Mae doesn't exist, she's not real. There's only Margo.
Thanks. From what I understood Silas was with friends so his normal routine wouldn't be disturbed. School is out here as of today for Christmas break. Now, I don't know where he is. Hopefully grandparents are not in a hotel, but are likewise with friends. I agree that family does not need to be split up. They need each other.

in the case of Savanna Graywind and her baby, I seem to remember the baby not being given to the father immediately either. I’m not sure why though. I assume since they are unmarried they need to do a DNA test?
That, and probably to make sure that the baby will be living in a stable home, that the baby will have a bed, that the baby will be taken care of properly, that there's a plan to care for the baby until she's old enough to go to daycare, all that. Just thinking out loud, but all that is probably reviewed to make sure the baby is going to be okay. I would think that one of the biggest concerns in cases like this is the mental health of the surviving parent, it should be important to make sure the parent that is going to be raising the child is healthy in every way, these are rough times for the partners that lose someone, everything changes.

No, nothing on him. Heidi, may she rest in peace, said that Shane pushed or grabbed her too hard. We don't know if it was a one time thing, we don't know if he was emotionally abusive, we don't know if he beat her up. We don't know any of that. We know that he pushed/grabbed her, was that abusive behaviour? Sure thing. But we don't know anything else.
Link?

I cannot believe that Silas and Margot would go to anyone else but Shane. Because his partner is murdered in a high profile case, he doesn’t have the same right as any other father who loses their spouse in a tragedy they didn’t create? He did not murder her. Why would he not get custody ASAP?
There is ANOTHER MAN who thinks she may be his. From Louisiana where she is from.

I keep thinking about how insane it seems that MF was apparently a trusted friend of HB for so long, and then things went so, so wrong, apparently without much warning (since MF was present when baby Margo was delivered). In trying to imagine how this could possibly have unfolded, here's some pure speculation:

What if MF's pregnancy started out real, and then she lost the baby at some fairly late point? Maybe this is what prompted her to completely lose her grip on reality (NOT saying she is not responsible for her actions in any way, obviously many, many women experience pregnancy loss without turning into monsters), but it might explain how she could have maintained normal relationships with HB and others if there was an event that unlocked truly horrible criminal behavior suddenly.

If this is the scenario, it might explain how her boyfriend didn't realize her pregnancy wasn't real (if she concealed the loss for whatever terrible reason and then only had to fake it for a relatively short time). It also might explain something about why she fixated on Margo-- if she and HB were pregnant on the same timeline and were such close friends, it probably started out feeling very special and like they would have a new connection with new babies together. Maybe when she lost her own baby (IF there really was one...), HB felt some entitlement about Margo in particular.

This is only one speculative scenario, of course, and I imagine they are already digging into MF's medical records to see if she had any prenatal care in the last year, etc. I also think the theft she was accused of and her fairly alarming mugshot appearance in that case might indicate her mental state has not been normal for longer than this scenario would seem to indicate.

I don’t get the impression that the man MF was living with was her boyfriend anymore. I suspect they probably lived their lives largely apart, probably in separate bedrooms and without physical intimacy, which is why he was so oblivious. I imagine his world is crashing in on him tonight as well, and that he had absolutely no idea. IMO
Which would also explain why MF faked the pregnancy, then killed Heidi and took Margot, to try to win him back or at least stay in his life for 18 years until the baby became of age, all the while getting child support and “co-parenting.” IMO

it's unfortunate that the whole video didn't get archived, it was 5 hours long, youtube only kept the last 2 hours, but yes, very informative.

I drifted off listening to it when it began and then woke up when they said ME had arrived. :(
It was an eye opening stream for sure.
I still have access to entire 5+ hours but not sure if it's because I listened previously.

I was 22 when I had my eldest child, just about 100lbs. I was skinny as , but baby was tucked right in my ribs/pelvis I had no bump. no one wouldve known I was pregnant had I not said.

I carried my daughter the same way, and even at 8 months I still had a waist.

I've never had a child so don't know the answer to this but is the birth certificate created and goes home with the baby or is this something that Mom/Dad have to initiate later?

I recall it took at least a few weeks before I got my daughters birth certificate. Paperwork was included with hospital paperwork, which they submitted to the state.

This could be a major reach, but what if she wanted SHANE'S baby?

What if Shane was involved with her on the side?

HB and SC were having major issues, off and on, he's abusive, she's clearly jealous and insecure. What if he was involved in this crazy plan of hers?

I mean, it's reaching but given this hand that rocks the cradle story line, not that far fetched.
Law enforcement stated he is not involved.

So he wasn't walking around his patio garage area for multiple days? Wouldn't there have been an odor? Even if they weren't so lovey dovey, you'd think he might say, hey, what's with your car being parked there so long? Does her partner have a black SUV? Is that known MSM data?
Good point.
I wonder if they don't know who actually killed her.
I bet they have an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members