TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Daily Mail for one.
I agree it's not the NYT ;).

But there are photographs, screenshots, and names of quoted people including specific friends and neighbors, and photos of some of those people who spoke up - in fact, it's got more facts than a lot of their cited articles. :)

Pretty hard to dispute those photos - did you see them?
Texas mom found dead tried to leave her 'abusive' fiancé multiple times | Daily Mail Online

It's also important to know what she went through. I am so sad that she had such a difficult time - yet she had such a bright attitude and spirit.

And that headline they use is precisely why people have a low opinion of the Daily Mail. It's outrageous at this time to focus on that (or really, any other time since he's not a POI) -just plain trashy and exploitive.

I am hoping that they did this interview before Heidi was found, because if not, for this "friend" to be putting all of this out there at this time is just... not right IMO I'm not trying to excuse any of it if it's true, but then address it with the authorities and keep your mouth shut in the media IMO There is no good reason to put this stuff out into the media when it's been made clear by LE that he was NOT involved and he is grieving. All JMO

This should also be noted in the article...

Of Carey himself, he is far less complimentary. He told DailyMail.com: 'Shane and I have never liked each other.

Sorry for the delay in providing a link.

There are so many articles, but here is one statement that authorities do not think SC is involved:

Meanwhile, authorities also confirmed that they have no reason to believe that Heidi’s fiance, Shane Carey, had anything to do with her abduction or death.

Update: Suspect arrested for kidnapping Heidi Broussard was a ‘close friend’ who pretended to be pregnant at same time, police say

It is also mentioned in the Austin American-Statesmen.

In any event, we aren’t supposed to discuss anyone as a suspect until they are named so by LE. Threads have been shut down for such activity, and I’d hate for that to happen here due to discussions of SC as being anything other than a victim.

The above comment isn’t directed to you specifically, hellokitty88

Last edited:

But there are photographs, screenshots, and names of quoted people including specific friends and neighbors, and photos of some of those people who spoke up - in fact, it's got more facts than a lot of their cited articles. :)

Texas mom found dead tried to leave her 'abusive' fiancé multiple times | Daily Mail Online
Exactly. Without the screenshots, I’d take anything the DM says with a grain of salt.

Ignore the article, read the Facebook messages, and you will see Heidi’s words. I have no reason to believe that a murder victim is a liar.

Sheesh, when pregnant, you need to be aware of husbands and fiance's and baby Daddies killing you. (Which nearly happened to me-husband). Now we have to worry about best friends too???
Th8s world is crazy.

I saw them days ago. They are not screen shots from Heidi’s own phone. See the “To” field? In addition, you can’t really tell who is in the pictures.

I’m not saying he didn’t or did, I’m merely pointing out that the timing is extremely poor to post rumors, not facts.

Side note - The one time we have a case we are all furiously googling with someone with a name as unique as Magen Fieramusca, and the articles all say Meghan, Maygen, Megan... the reporting has been an eye opener on a lot of levels.

To be fair to the reporters on this one... she has many different variations of her name, including different last night's. One of her charges today from Houston was failing to update a name change or something like that.

I have to tell you, after working with brain injured clients in the past at a rehab- one has no idea, and I do mean no idea, just how strong a very tiny girl, teenage girl, or a grown woman can be, when adrenaline is high. A grown woman could no doubt lift almost double her weight and throw it across the room. Let me just say this much- it can take 3-4 workers to restrain a woman in such a condition, until the adrenaline levels lower. Same with the men obviously. It can actually be quite frightening when you see and deal with it yourself the first time.

On July 8th, 2018, my former family member (former due to a divorce), who is a petite female in her 40s, bludgeoned her mother and grandmother to death with a nightstick. I've known the mother and grandmother since the mother was a teenager and I know the murderess since her birth. Beyond the shock and grief, we all were trying to absorb how ONE small woman could bludgeon TWO women to death with a nightstick. They each would have tried to protect each other during the attack. It did happen, though, and she's been convicted. She was on drugs and I don't know if that had an impact on her strength, and the grandmother was 88, but I learned from that tragedy that Steelslady is correct.

I agree that the grandparents are overwhelmed right now and may or may not have the emotional and physical wherewithal to take care of their grandson, but maybe he is a comfort to them right now, as I'm sure they are to him.

I saw them days ago. They are not screen shots from Heidi’s own phone. See the “To” field? In addition, you can’t really tell who is in the pictures.

I’m not saying he didn’t or did, I’m merely pointing out that the timing is extremely poor to post rumors, not facts.
I think the photos are pretty clear. The quotes are from named friends for the most part, and the screen shots are from a friend's phone, and LE can certainly determine their veracity.

At any rate, I feel badly that she suffered in life and that her life was so short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288