TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE is just keeping quiet I suspect...

The 72 hours of DNA processing buys them a lot of up close and personal time with MF for sure. I imagine they have a lot of information on "the plot" by now.

Why would he let her live there for free? She made all the baby registries with his name. MF told her friends it was his baby. Wow I guess one of them not telling the truth. Maybe the guy doesn’t want anyone to know he was with the psycho

Just here to say I know a woman who let her ex live with her rent free for many years. She had another boyfriend. He even moved in with a new SO for a while, and when that didn't work out - back to the ex for free. Life is strange.

If it's true, it's even harder to understand the information about Heidi's purse being in her own car, and the apartment door being open, and she presumably had her phone with her too at that stage. Hmm.

Yeah, this is bizarre.

On the KHOU page, there was a back and forth with a tow truck driver and the KHOU staff - they said they had towed a black SUV to the station from a retail parking lot I believe. I'll see if I can find it again.

FYI - it's CarEssa, not CarIssa. :)

Thanks for taking the overnight shift - that was 25 interesting pages.

I'm so curious as to what HB "thought" up until Dec. 12 was going on with MF pregnancy? Was she overdue or was she told she had had the baby at the birthing center and the whole fake story? Because if so it doesn't make sense to me that "best friends" wouldn't have found a way to see each other's baby, even if the Grandma was in town, etc. They'd plan a time to get together. Just doesn't make sense to me and I'd love to know the whole story.

I'm so curious as to what HB "thought" up until Dec. 12 was going on with MF pregnancy? Was she overdue or was she told she had had the baby at the birthing center and the whole fake story? Because if so it doesn't make sense to me that "best friends" wouldn't have found a way to see each other's baby, even if the Grandma was in town, etc. They'd plan a time to get together. Just doesn't make sense to me and I'd love to know the whole story.

On the live interview with Caressa when she found out what was happening in Houston in real time, she said that MF did say she went to a birthing center.

On the live interview with Caressa when she found out what was happening in Houston in real time, she said that MF did say she went to a birthing center.

I wonder when and if she told this to HB and why they hadn't seen each other yet (Well we know they couldn't have because there was no baby, but was HB asking to see her?)

After a very long night watching this story unfold, then working all day, I had no time to read any updates on the thread. But I can’t sleep, nor get this case, or this little girl, out of my mind. So, I wrote her a letter that she surely will never see. And I’m posting it for no other reason than I just feel like doing it right now. Here goes.

My open letter to Margo Broussard.

You’ve certainly been through the ringer, little lady.

You are too young to understand, but at the age of one month you have been through a deeper trauma than most adults will ever endure.

People will continue to make choices for you that you will not be not be a party to, as you are too young to actually give consent.

I really hope you will grow up with your brother and stepsister, and maybe eventually more siblings in a blended family.

But, you may instead grow up with strangers who will love you as their very own. They will become your family.

Either way, you will eventually have questions. At age 16 or 18 or 21, or maybe when you give birth to your own child, you will want to know who you are and how you got to where you are. Someone will tell you the story of your kidnapping and why your mother is deceased. You will mourn for the loss of her, and for a life you never had or knew. You will wonder why the people who should have protected you from this evil did not. You will wonder who made certain choices, and why. You will want to understand what failed. And that’s okay. You are allowed to question. This is your life story and you deserve to know it.

You will learn that that this world can be an ugly place, where a life you never knew was ripped away in the worst possible way.

But you will also read and learn your story, and you will know that you were loved by strangers across the world - who rooted for your survival when the most likely ending was that you would not survive.

Mostly I want you to know this. The circumstances of the first month of your life do NOT define you as a person. You are exactly who you are meant to be, and who you will become is because you are YOU. The sum of ALL of your experiences.

Be well, little Margo.
Go on and live the full life you were meant to live.
It is to early in the morning to cry. I am boo hooing so hard I now have the shakes. All I can say is What a beautiful and touching letter to a baby you will never meet. I worry about how the children will grow up after learning the truth about how mom died. Bless this family and all her friends.

Last edited:
I wonder when and if she told this to HB and why they hadn't seen each other yet (Well we know they couldn't have because there was no baby, but was HB asking to see her?)

Yeah that's a bit of a puzzle because in that same interview (this part was hard to follow for me), Caressa indicates that HB drove her mom to Katy recently, following her stay, and that would have been a good time to pop in on MF and the imaginary baby, if that was the case. It was a little confusing to me why her mom would be going to Katy and not home to Louisiana. Sometimes it's cheaper to fly out of Houston or Dallas than Austin, but both airports are located in Houston, not in Katy. Unless they left a car there and were driving themselves the rest of the way.

@HayLouise said:
BREAKING OVERNIGHT: The investigation into missing Austin mom Heidi Broussard and her infant daughter Margot is now focused on this home in Harris County, near Houston. CBS Austin has learned two people are in custody

Source: People in custody in Harris Co. linked to missing Austin mom & baby case

I think this 2 AM tweet was responsible for bad headlines at CBS Austin today re. two persons in custody. As far as we know -- it never happened and only MF is in custody.

CBS Austin‏Verified account @cbsaustin

BREAKING OVERNIGHT: The investigation into missing Austin mom Heidi Broussard and her infant daughter Margot is now focused on this home in Harris County, near Houston. CBS Austin has learned two people are in custody ^^bbm

http://bit.ly/36UEKCA

EMOQFTvXYAASA-g.jpg

2:14 AM - 20 Dec 2019
I have read the article and do not find were a second person was arrested. I may need to add blind to my dense and sheltered self diagnosis.

I haven’t shared my thoughts here yet since the “news”, as I’m still putting my thoughts together, however, I’d like to mention this:

You know what scares me? What if Heidi and Margo were never found, and what if SC’s alibi couldn’t be confirmed or whatever—if he was charged in a “circumstantial” case and if the jury was any bit jaded like I was (at least I said upfront “I am jaded”), then SC might have gone to Prison for a crime he didn’t commit. I went so far as to say “him not caring about the phone call could potentially be one of the biggest “tells” I’ve ever seen on WS”. THAT scares me. Remind me to never play poker, EVER. It’s not like this is my first rodeo here. While I mentioned other possibilities, Savanna Greywind, baby registries/groups and also mentioning why I didn’t think him going for the phone records or dumpster diving was necessarily hinky, he was still top of my list and I felt pretty confident about that—Now I feel terrible about that and really am considering hanging up sleuthing my hat forever. Seriously, I can’t believe how wrong I was and I’m ashamed, for lack of a better term. For me, the word sorry doesn’t even cut it - I DO know that for me, WATTS really was a huge factor in influencing my bias, as I found many things to be similar-this was not an uneducated opinion as I’ve studied the Watts case inside and out. I’m scared to think what if I was on a jury. Hopefully nobody will ever let me on a jury, EVER - If they ever call me I’m going to say straight out honestly I AM BIASED, that’ll solve that. Of course it was understandable why many of us suspected him, still. I’m taking my broken hinky meter VERY seriously and probably will not ever touch another case like this ever again. I have learned A LOT.

Anyway, no need to discuss bygones but in case anyone is wondering what I think about all this after the “news”, that’s what I have to say about that.

As for the case itself, I’m still catching up and putting thoughts together about that and I have nothing to add that hasn’t already been mentioned.

Last edited:
What if Heidi and Margo were never found, and what if SC’s alibi couldn’t be confirmed or whatever—if he was charged and if the jury was any bit jaded like I was (at least I said upfront “I am jaded”), then SC might have gone to jail for a crime he didn’t commit.

I just recently listened to the podcast about Lindy Chamberlain (the dingo case) and it was all about demeanor, or people thinking she was odd/had an odd lifestyle that led to her being wrongly convicted.

There are far too many in the podcasts I listen to. In some areas the media spotlight chases away the darkness and rights wrongs - but in some areas it definitely does the opposite.

Many years ago my husband and I were friends with a couple from high school. She and I were pregnant at the same time. Husband's had a common hobby. My husband is very layed back were this guy had a trigger. My husband could not see him abusing her. I could, I saw the bruises. She put up with it for years before leaving him. She never called police or filed a report even when having a black eye. Some just won't tell police. They do tell friends.

I concur wholeheartedly with this post. I was in charge of the Domestic Violence and Family crime investigation unit and I covered a widespread area comprising of a huge area of poverty to the South and a huge area of affluence to the North and it was striking as to who reported DV to the Police and at what stage and who continued with seeing the report through to prosecution and who tried to withdraw (I say tried because in a large proportion of cases there’s now a zero tolerance policy so that even if the victim or should I say survivor decides to withdraw their statement of complaint, the Crown Prosecution Service will still go ahead). On average, it’s a researched fact that Domestic Violence Survivors will suffer 35 incidences of abuse before they feel compelled to report it. There are a myriad of reasons for this and many case studies to support this tragic set of circumstance. But what my point is that people, men and women, suffer in silence and often for a very long time because of fear of retribution from the aggressor or fear of losing the lifestyle currently afforded to them or fear of losing the love of their children for destroying ( their perspective) the family unit and tearing it apart.... so many reasons that unless you have walked a mile in their shoes, you can never hope to understand.
DV shatters families and shatters the confidence of those that suffer and often they are indoctrinated to believe that it is their own fault and the aggressor is right that they are useless( insert other abusive terms used to destroy the psyche of the victim).
I noticed that in the poorer areas, the victims often felt that they couldn’t leave because of having no place to go and no money to do so whereas in the more affluent areas, often they felt that they couldn’t leave because of the loss of the lifestyle that they and their children currently enjoyed and the loss of status and standing in the community and feeling the need to keep up appearances. In fact it was a common belief that in this more affluent area, their was more non or under reported DV than in the less affluent part of the area which we Policed.
And you know what, why I know this ? Because as the person in charge of this unit, I was quietly suffering behind closed doors and nobody knew!!!

There is help out there and anybody reading this and resonating with it, I will say that you are strong enough to break free of this cycle of abuse and you can survive without the presence of the abuse in your life. Your confidence will be built back up, brick by brick and once you have faced the initial revelation, you will find so much help and support is available from a myriad of sources. Take that step, you got this and are stronger than you think!

@MassGuy needs a campaign manager, someone needs to draft instructions on how to use the Report button, and Charlie Brown is innocent.

Also, the Nissan belongs to MF and there was a black SUV which was towed from the Houston residence. Might assume the black SUV belongs to the other occupant. MOO
Thanks, Pommy. I was confused because I had it in my head that the black suv was towed from the apartment complex in Austin.

I haven’t shared my thoughts here yet since the “news”, as I’m still putting my thoughts together, however, I’d like to mention this:

You know what scares me? What if Heidi and Margo were never found, and what if SC’s alibi couldn’t be confirmed or whatever—if he was charged and if the jury was any bit jaded like I was (at least I said upfront “I am jaded”), then SC might have gone to jail for a crime he didn’t commit. I went so far as to say “him not caring about the phone call could potentially be one of the biggest “tells” I’ve ever seen on WS”. THAT scares me. Remind me to never play poker, EVER. It’s not like this is my first rodeo here. While I mentioned other possibilities, Savanna Greywind, baby registries/groups and also mentioning why I didn’t think him going for the phone records or dumpster diving was necessarily hinky, he was still top of my list and I felt pretty confident about that—Now I feel terrible about that and really am considering hanging up sleuthing my hat forever. Seriously, I can’t believe how wrong I was and I’m ashamed, for lack of a better term. For me, the word sorry doesn’t even cut it - I DO know that for me, WATTS really was a huge factor in influencing my bias, as I found many things to be similar-this was not an uneducated opinion as I’ve studied the Watts case inside and out. I’m scared to think what if I was on a jury. Hopefully nobody will ever let me on a jury, EVER - If they ever call me I’m going to say straight out honestly I AM BIASED, that’ll solve that. Of course it was understandable why many of us suspected him, still. I’m taking my broken hinky meter VERY seriously and probably will not ever touch another case like this ever again. I have learned A LOT.

Anyway, no need to discuss bygones but in case anyone is wondering what I think about all this after the “news”, that’s what I have to say about that.

As for the case itself, I’m still catching up and putting thoughts together about that and I have nothing to add that hasn’t already been mentioned.
Watch the interview again, the raw first one that was taken indoors and later deleted. SC was just so off. Notice how he was flustered that he couldn't hear the reporter on the phone, he was interrupted several times (e.g. hold the phone here, no here...) he was upset, wanted to stand, etc. IMO the news crew bears responsibility here in how poorly they conducted that interview, and they played a role in the perception that SC was laughing at the crime. IMO he was laughing while at a near melt-down state of frustration. Just my $0.02.

ETA: Still a lot of things I don't understand, e.g. shutting off the phone in the other interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151