TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a remarkable media event, not at all surprised that MSM picked it up. (I mean just the few minutes at about 1 hour 18 minutes, IIRC). But I was appalled at how the podcaster encouraged Caressa to spread all the rumors about SC. AND about her "best friend" HB. What best friend goes on a national, actually an international forum, to snark on salacious details and insinuations about her (missing) best friend's sex life previous to her current relationship. Sorry, NuttMegg is not impressed, and thinks this episode, aside from the couple of minutes of breaking news, belongs in the same category as "fake autopsy". On Sunday night apparently podcaster has booked "best friend of Megan", and promises to deal the dirt on Megan. And here I would think that said "best friend of Megan" would instead be down at the police department giving background on a person accused of 3 very serious charges.
Exactly my thoughts as well.

It's crazy. I had never heard of that youtube podcast and I am curious how the podcaster was in touch with this friend, who sought who out.
She's a crime scene person several followers and I believe Heidi's friend followed her and called in. She did a lot with the Berreth case also.
She also podcasts with the unmentionable dad from time to time.

Last edited:
NBC just ran a story on the case.....said place of death was the trunk.....I can't pull up the link, can anyone else find it and post it please??

ETA: it was on The Today show and included a graphic.... I still can't pull it up. @PommyMommy .....you're so good at finding these things, can you locate it. Or maybe those folks in CT, MT, PT can catch it when it airs in their time zone. TIA

ETA again.... the graphic on the Today Show is of the Harris County Institute of Forensic Science..... the case number is ML 19 -4432 Broussard. For the life of me, I can't get my computer to cooperate. Maybe some of you super sleuthers can pull something up on this. I hope this is allowed on the site since it was a part of the Today show story this morning.

And here I would think that said "best friend of Megan" would instead be down at the police department giving background on a person accused of 3 very serious charges.

I hope so too! And I agree - the part of the interview that is super relevant is the moment she's making the connections to whose house that is, and how shocking that all those connections were made in real time as the police action was unfolding. Imagine that happening - when you know it's someone you've known for a long time. And having your reaction to it captured forever. Terrible. This story is breaking a lot of people's hearts in a lot of different ways.

"Video at Broussard's Austin apartment complex captured her getting into Fieramusca's car willingly on Dec. 12, the day she went missing"

Where and when did this video surface? This seems a no-brainer to find MF, then.

Friend of mom found dead in car trunk taken to Austin to face charge

That is a bombshell to me: VIDEO of HB getting into Fieramusca's car---- I am not surprised that HB would go willingly with MF anywhere- she totally trusted her, being her best bud---i believe HB was lured to MF home where she was attacked and murdered. This is so far beyond the pale, so far beyond comprehension.

Just pondering, regarding the video of HB and Margo getting into a vehicle at the apartment complex..........

LE publicly stated, more than once, that they were not sure if HB left voluntarily or had met with foul play (even though LE later stated that they always believed it was unlikely HB would voluntarily leave her son behind; avoiding tunnel vision).

In considering the possibility that HB took Margo and left voluntarily, LE would also have had to consider that HB needed assistance from a driver (since her car was left behind).

If LE found video of HB and Margo getting into someone's vehicle willingly (or apparently so) at this phase of the investigation, the vehicle license plate and the driver must not have been recognizable in the video footage.

LE surely would have quickly moved in on the vehicle's registered owner or the driver if either was identifiable, even if they were open to a voluntary departure scenario. If neither the vehicle nor the driver was identifiable, LE would have been working diligently to narrow the scope. IMO.

I won't be surprised if both turn out to be true -- willing departure from the apartment, followed by foul play.

MF could have tricked HB into getting in the vehicle with Margo for a second to check out her new carseat or something like that -- probably not too difficult considering their close relationship -- and then locked them in and carried out her diabolical plan (more easily with an accomplice, but possibly alone if she subdued/harmed HB immediately).

Having said all that, of course it's also possible that LE simply did not have (or did not realize they had) the video footage until they got a lead and honed in on MF, after which they knew specifically what type of vehicles to look for when combing through all available footage to build their case.

Last edited:
Please don’t be so hard on yourself. You are not on the jury ( only mentally maybe ) and whilst I get what you are saying, and with all due respect to you, you are not the only one who would make that decision if he was on trial and you on the jury. It takes many hurdles to jump until you get to that stage so please just treat this as a learning curve. We have all been there and I in particular as I was a high ranking Detective in charge who made decisions that impacted people’s future incarceration, so please continue on your WS journey and kudos to you for your raw admission and taking responsibility for your thoughts and words and going forward, learning from them and this experience
#bekindtoyourself

Let's face it: we are sooo jaded from so many missing women being murdered by their significant others that we begin to assume when a woman goes missing, it has to be her partner. that is a sad tell about the kind of world we are living in today.

I am mind boggled that MF actually thought she'd get away with this. Caressa said in the interview that MF claimed her baby daddy was African American which means if she had a baby with him that baby would be half black/half white. How could she possibly think she'd be able to pull off having a completely white baby?

Having said all that, of course it's also possible that LE simply did not have (or did not realize they had) the video footage until they got a lead and honed in on MF, after which they knew specifically what type of vehicles to look for when combing through all available footage to build their case.

After seeing the poor quality of the Cowan Elementary picture of HB at school that morning, it's quite likely that the footage from the apartment was equally bad, delaying them by a few days narrowing down exactly what the vehicle was. Although in the back of my mind the "no thank you" to the offer of the public's assistance in a search in hindsight indicates they were hot on the trail.

I want to know how the suspect really believed she could pass of the murder of her friend and kidnap her best friends child with officials not being concerned about a live birth record? What exactly was she going to do for school records or a doctors visit for this child she wanted from her best friend?

MF are apt initials for this case.

Magen Fieramusca, the woman arrested in connection with the disappearance and death of Austin woman Heidi Broussard, is on her way to the Travis County Jail on Friday night after being taken into custody in Harris County, KVUE understands.

This was not her first time in jail in Harris County. She spen0 time there on a theft charge last August, a charge that was eventually dismissed.

Documents show a man named ______ _______bailed her out of jail – the same person property tax records show owns the Harris County home where Broussard's body was found.

Neighbors told KVUE on Friday ——— and Fieramusca were living together.
Neighbors to Houston home where Heidi Broussard's body was found 'didn't know what to think'

Documents show a man named _______ _______bailed her out of jail – the same person property tax records show owns the Harris County home where Broussard's body was found

This article is a little confusing ...I hope that means he bailed her out before when she was in on a theft charge.
This monster should have no bail!

IMO & I’m not quoting/ putting the name yet

Last edited:
From your earlier post, "On the KHOU page, there was a back and forth with a tow truck driver and the KHOU staff - they said they had towed a black SUV to the station from a retail parking lot I believe. I'll see if I can find it again."

I think I read somewhere that MF's boyfriend as in custody, maybe he was arrested in the retail parking lot, once arrested he spilled the beans which lead them to MF?

We need to be patient, it will come out in time. Continued prayer for Heidi's family. This has to be so hard through the holiday season.
BBM. If you saw that out in the wild there are people who have found a person with the same name as the homeowner in Harris County jail. That is not the homeowner since the person in jail with the same name is only 19 years old. There is another person with the same name that is in jail in Bexar County (San Antonio's county) and is of the approximate age (per Vinelink) but is likely not the right person either because going through the booking records doesn't show that within the time frame since Heidi went missing.

Such is the problem with a common name like the home owner has.

Documents show a man named Christopher Green bailed her out of jail – the same person property tax records show owns the Harris County home where Broussard's body was found.

This article is a little confusing ...I hope that means he bailed her out before when she was in on a theft charge.
This monster should have no

I haven’t been around in years, so pardon if I haven’t figured out this quote button thing yet. However, he did bail her out for a theft charge.

The Harris County tax assessment listing for this property does not appear to include the mortgage amount. Only the appraised value.

Have you guys tried Redfin, Trulia or Zillow? They sometimes will have them, or the assumed amount for market value.

I haven’t shared my thoughts here yet since the “news”, as I’m still putting my thoughts together, however, I’d like to mention this:

You know what scares me? What if Heidi and Margo were never found, and what if SC’s alibi couldn’t be confirmed or whatever—if he was charged in a “circumstantial” case and if the jury was any bit jaded like I was (at least I said upfront “I am jaded”), then SC might have gone to Prison for a crime he didn’t commit. I went so far as to say “him not caring about the phone call could potentially be one of the biggest “tells” I’ve ever seen on WS”. THAT scares me. Remind me to never play poker, EVER. It’s not like this is my first rodeo here. While I mentioned other possibilities, Savanna Greywind, baby registries/groups and also mentioning why I didn’t think him going for the phone records or dumpster diving was necessarily hinky, he was still top of my list and I felt pretty confident about that—Now I feel terrible about that and really am considering hanging up sleuthing my hat forever. Seriously, I can’t believe how wrong I was and I’m ashamed, for lack of a better term. For me, the word sorry doesn’t even cut it - I DO know that for me, WATTS really was a huge factor in influencing my bias, as I found many things to be similar-this was not an uneducated opinion as I’ve studied the Watts case inside and out. I’m scared to think what if I was on a jury. Hopefully nobody will ever let me on a jury, EVER - If they ever call me I’m going to say straight out honestly I AM BIASED, that’ll solve that. Of course it was understandable why many of us suspected him, still. I’m taking my broken hinky meter VERY seriously and probably will not ever touch another case like this ever again. I have learned A LOT.

Anyway, no need to discuss bygones but in case anyone is wondering what I think about all this after the “news”, that’s what I have to say about that.

As for the case itself, I’m still catching up and putting thoughts together about that and I have nothing to add that hasn’t already been mentioned.

Don't be so hard on yourself!!! I think most of us here know the statisics and know how the majority of cases like this turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson