Forensic Files Returns in 2020

PeterThomasFan

Reaction score
Forensic Files, long considered the gold-standard of crime & justice non-fiction programming, will return with 16 new half-hour episodes beginning in February 2020.

The updated series will showcase all new mysteries to solve and feature the same style, music, story type and content that fans know and love.

Forensic Files, long considered the gold-standard of crime & justice non-fiction programming, will return with 16 new half-hour episodes beginning in February 2020.

The updated series will showcase all new mysteries to solve and feature the same style, music, story type and content that fans know and love.

It’s going to be so weird watching that and not hearing Peter Thomas’ voice. Glad they’re bringing it back though.

It’s going to be so weird watching that and not hearing Peter Thomas’ voice. Glad they’re bringing it back though.

Yes it will. :(

Would be wonderful if they were able to get Peter Thomas Jr.. He did voice over for many episodes.

Though the show will feature new cases, the format and title music will remain the same. In light of the passing of the original series narrator Peter Thomas in 2016, a new narrator will be announced.

Attention couch detectives, 'Forensic Files' set to air new season - CNN

First two episodes.of the reboot tonight and I thought it was very well done.

Held true to the original.

The new narrator is a complete disappoinment. I always watch the show for the reenactments, but predominately to listen to the soothing voice of Peter Thomas. This new narrator makes me feel uneasy. He tells the story in a very forced manner. Also he sounds like a Dad trying to scare some kids around a campfire. Amateur at best. Nothing soothing about his voice, I can't listen to him. I'll stick with the old episodes with Peter Thomas. I'm really disappointed because I was so excited about the new episodes.

Last edited:
Apparently the new narrator is a HUGE fan of the show. I just cannot place his voice- I know I've heard it before.

And I was rooting for Dion Graham too (The First 48 guy).

My main complaint is the beating/banging noise (is it supposed to be background music?) that is played while folks are talking. The noise is very annoying. It greatly detracts from what the people are saying and adds nothing.

To my ears, the new narrator seemed to be trying to emulate Paul Winfield instead of Peter Thomas. I don't think it's possible to replace Peter Thomas (or Paul Winfield). :)

Apparently the new narrator is a HUGE fan of the show. I just cannot place his voice- I know I've heard it before.

And I was rooting for Dion Graham too (The First 48 guy).

The new narrator is Bill Camp
Actor Bill Camp talks about narrating ‘Forensic Files’ revival on HLN, debuting Feb. 23

Apparently he's been in a lot of stuff! (from the article):

Camp is a well respected actor with an impressive resume including films such as “Joker,” “12 Years of Slave,” and “Birdman” and TV series such as “The Night Of” and “The Leftovers.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back