TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fairly certain that the Place of Death is the location where she was pronounced dead.

I think people and even the media are reading too much into it by making the leap that she was strangled while in the trunk of the car. I certainly can't conceive of how you could forensically determine she was killed in the trunk since the cause of death is ligature strangulation. The only way would be if Magen told them, but then she would be charged with murder if she had told them.

BBM

That is my presumption as well.

I don't think they know we're she was murdered. She left apartment alive found died 2.5 hours away. MF had to pull over sometime in order to get HB in the trunk just don't know we're. I am hoping that cell phone pings of MF phone may lead to an area between the 2 locations.
Likely that a 3 week old would also need attending to in that 2.5-3hr. time period. Most definitely she would have stopped at least once. Question is did she go into a fast food place? A gas station? A Walmart? Somewhere she could change and feed the baby? Did she need to purchase formula or diapers?

I'm like y'all here - I cannot figure out how HB ended up dead in the trunk, and I can't figure out where baby Margot was in this process. The news article reported the video showing HB getting into MF's car, but doesn't mention where Margot was.

Likely that a 3 week old would also need attending to in that 2.5-3hr. time period. Most definitely she would have stopped at least once. Question is did she go into a fast food place? A gas station? A Walmart? Somewhere she could change and feed the baby? Did she need to purchase formula or diapers?
Absolutely. And did MF even have a car seat? If so, how'd she explain that to HB? So many questions and details unknown.

I concur wholeheartedly with this post. I was in charge of the Domestic Violence and Family crime investigation unit and I covered a widespread area comprising of a huge area of poverty to the South and a huge area of affluence to the North and it was striking as to who reported DV to the Police and at what stage and who continued with seeing the report through to prosecution and who tried to withdraw (I say tried because in a large proportion of cases there’s now a zero tolerance policy so that even if the victim or should I say survivor decides to withdraw their statement of complaint, the Crown Prosecution Service will still go ahead). On average, it’s a researched fact that Domestic Violence Survivors will suffer 35 incidences of abuse before they feel compelled to report it. There are a myriad of reasons for this and many case studies to support this tragic set of circumstance. But what my point is that people, men and women, suffer in silence and often for a very long time because of fear of retribution from the aggressor or fear of losing the lifestyle currently afforded to them or fear of losing the love of their children for destroying ( their perspective) the family unit and tearing it apart.... so many reasons that unless you have walked a mile in their shoes, you can never hope to understand.
DV shatters families and shatters the confidence of those that suffer and often they are indoctrinated to believe that it is their own fault and the aggressor is right that they are useless( insert other abusive terms used to destroy the psyche of the victim).
I noticed that in the poorer areas, the victims often felt that they couldn’t leave because of having no place to go and no money to do so whereas in the more affluent areas, often they felt that they couldn’t leave because of the loss of the lifestyle that they and their children currently enjoyed and the loss of status and standing in the community and feeling the need to keep up appearances. In fact it was a common belief that in this more affluent area, their was more non or under reported DV than in the less affluent part of the area which we Policed.
And you know what, why I know this ? Because as the person in charge of this unit, I was quietly suffering behind closed doors and nobody knew!!!

There is help out there and anybody reading this and resonating with it, I will say that you are strong enough to break free of this cycle of abuse and you can survive without the presence of the abuse in your life. Your confidence will be built back up, brick by brick and once you have faced the initial revelation, you will find so much help and support is available from a myriad of sources. Take that step, you got this and are stronger than you think!
I wish there were a "LOVE" button!! So well said. Thank you! (we really do need one!)

Found it!

Here's the link to the Today Show video: Heidi Broussard case: Friend charged with tampering with human corpse

Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences
Case Number: ML19-4432
Case Status

View attachment 221624

ETA:

Case Num: ML19-4432
Last Name: BROUSSARD
First Name: HEIDI
NOK Relationship: PARENTS
Certificate of Death*: Not Ready
Cause of Death Pending: No
Certificate of Death Amendment: N/A
EDR: 44444625215
Manner of Death: Homicide
Place of Death: TRUNK OF VEHICLE HOUSTON TX
Report Completed: No
Ready for Transport: Ready
Primary Cause of Death: Ligature strangulation
Contributory Cause of Death:

These records are updated every 30 minutes.
Last update: 12/21/2019 9:30:02 AM
* Please contact the Justice of the Peace for all OC (out-of-county) cases
regarding death certificate information.
Thank You so much ...For the life of me I couldn’t find it.....

Buccee's is a popular stop between Austin and Houston, and has more cameras than an airport. Depending on who was in charge of little M at that point though, I'm not sure how much compassion for a change there might have been, especially if it wasn't poor HB.

My best friend for over 20 years could pull up in anything. I’d hop in no questions asked...well, I’d eventually ask questions. No car seat? She would know to just put the car in park so we could quick chat...as we couldn’t go anywhere without that. My best friend would bring me my favorite iced coffee some mornings after having my daughter this summer. It went exactly like that...walk out with baby & hop in car for coffee & chit chat & then she would head to work. It was much needed & so appreciated. MF could have pulled something similar. This was her best friend! SOOO terrible, truly disgusting.

My best friend for over 20 years could pull up in anything. I’d hop in no questions asked...well, I’d eventually ask questions. No car seat? She would know to just put the car in park so we could quick chat...as we couldn’t go anywhere without that. My best friend would bring me my favorite iced coffee some mornings after having my daughter this summer. It went exactly like that...walk out with baby & hop in car for coffee & chit chat & then she would head to work. It was much needed & so appreciated. MF could have pulled something similar. This was her best friend! SOOO terrible, truly disgusting.

Same. It's inconceivable. I'd go anywhere with mine.

I am fairly certain that the Place of Death is the location where she was pronounced dead.

I think people and even the media are reading too much into it by making the leap that she was strangled while in the trunk of the car. I certainly can't conceive of how you could forensically determine she was killed in the trunk since the cause of death is ligature strangulation. The only way would be if Magen told them, but then she would be charged with murder if she had told them.

Well, if she died in the trunk of the car, there very well could be forensic evidence of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88