Recovered/Located WV - Mary Cathleen Haley-Scott, 32, Raleigh County, 16 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

For our new members we do not allow you to post statements as facts without a link to a mainstream media story or a law enforcement statement to back up what you are claiming.
If you know the people in the case and you are providing inside information you can become a verified member in this case.
We have many family members and friends of victims who are verified on Websleuths. This is where management confirms you are someone who would have access to this information. Your name is not revealed to anyone but the Websleuths administrator. Please CLICK HERE read about verified members and see if this is something you would like to become.

I am incredibly happy she has been found alive. This is the outcome we home for with all of these cases. There's plenty of time to get to the bottom of what all actually happened now. The most important thing is that she is alive and safe and will ultimately get whatever help or discipline she needs.

Looking pretty sorry for herself. Well I'm glad she did voluntary run. I wonder if any of the dv claims are true? Has she just stamped her feet and tried to frame him? Well, she clearly has with the fb messages sent to her friends etc

This story is well odd. I've been speaking to someone mary scott sent the text too, and we'll they are very odd. And see text she had also sent her Were "mary and a friend" were trying to frame the husband. This women a advocate very reliable source. These text wow this is very odd.

Mary Haley-Scott found hiding under a bed, resist arrest

According to court documents obtained by WOAY, on Friday, December 20, 2019, deputies responded to Greenbrier Estates Apartments located on Hickory Drive in Beckley. A tenant told authorities that Mary Haley-Scott was in an apartment.

The deputy had to lift the bed while two Beckley Police Officers attempted to restrain her. Haley-Scott continued to resist officers by refusing to obey numerous verbal commands instructing her to place her hands behind her back.

Once restrained, the defendant was placed under arrest for obstructing.

She is wanted by Smyth County Deputies for a warrant on two grand larceny charges.

She was giving a personal recognizance bond of $500 for her charges in Raleigh but Smyth County, VA will go and pick her up, to face the charges she is wanted on there.

I don't know if the grand larceny warrant is because she's charged with stealing from the husband or if it involves the Kia car she was reportedly last driving. (Apparently the Kia was financed in some one else's name (not her husband, not hers.) but I don't know if a missing financed car would be reported as larceny or grand theft auto since she did have permission to drive it.) There is no information on why the grand larceny warrant was issued, only that it is active and issued around Dec. 7 or so.

It's all really really strange.

EXCLUSIVE: Couple who Mary Haley-Scott lived with speak out after her disappearance

December 10 was the day Mary supposedly left for appointments in Florida. This is also the same day where indictments came down for Mary Haley-Scott for grand larceny out of Smyth County in VIrginia. The Grand Jury found that on Thursday, July 4, 2019, Haley Scott “unlawfully and feloniously take, steal and carry away personal property belonging to Tony Adams and Michael Perdue, having a value of 500 dollars or more, with the intent to permanently deprive the owners of the possessions.”*

When asked about this, the Vaughts said that she had previously owned two businesses in Marion, Virginia and this happened when she closed the businesses and sold her stuff. According to them, she has the receipts.

Despite the indictment being served, Mary went on to Florida on business.

EXCLUSIVE: Couple who Mary Haley-Scott lived with speak out after her disappearance

Steven and Sheila Vaught who Mary Haley-Scott lived with before her disappearance are speaking out.
•Haley-Scott, who grew up in Beckley, moved to Virginia around ten years ago.
•Steven worked alongside Mary Haley Scott’s ex boyfriend at a towing company and met her through work.
•They’ve seen Mary through some of her most difficult times including her most recent marriage, one the Vaughts say was full of abuse.
•When Mary admitted herself to a hospital for mental health issues, she did not want to go back home to her husband, retired West Virginia State Trooper Bill Scott.
•Mary moved in with them on the first week of August. After a brief stint living with other friends, she came back to the Vaughts to live with them.
•Her estranged husband was able to figure out where she was when she put her new Kia on their shared insurance.
•Dec 3rd, when Mary came home, her shirt had been ripped half off and she had places on her face where she had been attacked.
•Mary was pulled over by an unmarked vehicle and asked for her ID by an officer out of uniform. (that was the incident she reported to police; also when LE asked about her black eyes and injuries from the alleged attack)
•December 10, Mary left for business appointments in Florida.

Wv she was found
BECKLEY, WV (WOAY) – Mary Haley-Scott was found hiding under a bed, nearly one week after being reported missing.

According to court documents obtained by WOAY, on Friday, December 20, 2019, deputies responded to Greenbrier Estates Apartments located on Hickory Drive in Beckley. A tenant told authorities that Mary Haley-Scott was in an apartment.

Deputies knocked on the door several times, with no answer, the owner unlocked the door to the apartment. The owners verified that Haley-Scott was the only one living in the apartment at the time and movement was heard within the apartment before the owner arrived.

Once a deputy entered the apartment, he walked to a back right bedroom where he observed Haley-Scott’s foot sticking out from underneath the bed. Haley-Scott was giving numerous verbal commands to come out from under the bed, but refused.

The deputy had to lift the bed while two Beckley Police Officers attempted to restrain her. Haley-Scott continued to resist officers by refusing to obey numerous verbal commands instructing her to place her hands behind her back.

Once restrained, the defendant was placed under arrest for obstructing.

She is wanted by Smyth County Deputies for a warrant on two grand larceny charges.

She was giving a personal recognizance bond of $500 for her charges in Raleigh but Smyth County, VA will go and pick her up, to face the charges she is wanted on there

She never made it to Florida
Do you mind adding the verified source that states she never made it to FL? I’m asking because after reading the Fox article where they interviewed Sheila Vaught, I was under the impression she did go on to FL (and then ended back in WV).

Despite the indictment being served, Mary went on to Florida on business.

“She went down there for business. I set up the appointments,” Sheila said. “I know for a fact she never made the very last appointment that was scheduled. She was living out of her car because she had no money. And now her car can’t be found and she can’t be found.”

The last appointment was set up in Santa Rose, Florida. Sheila spoke with her on December 13...

Reactions: byo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back