Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

I wonder what happened. Very strange case.
My guess is a mental break. She was running from people who only existed inside her head. From the beginning, this case reminded me of Teleka Patrick. I thought she would be found in water in the spring.

How horrible that her family were the ones that found her.

My guess is a mental break. She was running from people who only existed inside her head. From the beginning, this case reminded me of Teleka Patrick. I thought she would be found in water in the spring.

How horrible that her family were the ones that found her.

yeah but even if she was running from a non-existent person, what happened when she got to the water ... she just laid down and died in 3 ft. of water?

yeah but even if she was running from a non-existent person, what happened when she got to the water ... she just laid down and died in 3 ft. of water?
Yes. No signs of foul play so what could've happened? So many people have these breaks with reality and then they wind up in a body of water. Even a small one like this. Why? She was an avid hunter and I'm sure she knew her family's land. Smh. Just sad.

It’s amazing she was so close. Running towards the water. Wonder if she ran wildly and didn’t realize she was headed for the water or not. Something was definitely off with her that night. IMO Bless her heart.

Could have fallen and hit her head. Or even if she just fell into the water, being terrified, running, out of breath, if she fell and got a lungful of water she may not have been able to save herself. Maybe she thought she could hide in the water, and from there cold took over. For that matter, she could have simply been wading through and succumbed to hypothermia. I don't recall how cold it was, but cold water can bring on hypothermia extremely quickly.

She likely wasn't dressed for outdoors, and may not have had any shoes on. She may have already been quite cold.

If she was already having mental issues, hypothermia would quickly increase those issues.

Signs that a person is nearing a hypothermic state include shivering, poor coordination, and mental sluggishness. As hypothermia progresses, shivering ceases, coordination is severely impaired, and confusion is coupled with incoherence and irrationality.

Hypothermia Prevention: Survial in Cold Water | Minnesota Sea Grant

Could she have gotten stuck or unable to get out of the water once she fell in or ran into it? How deep was the water at the time she disappeared? If she was hallucinating, could she have been seeing things and not have been fully aware of her surroundings?

At least her family has some answers now.

I think her family/friends had an idea this was not foul play but rather mental illness possibly caused by illegal drug use. The family was out searching for her close to the cabin - that should tell you something.

I think her family/friends had an idea this was not foul play but rather mental illness possibly caused by illegal drug use. The family was out searching for her close to the cabin - that should tell you something.
Maybe the family knew that the area had not been searched before and wanted to eliminate/reduce the chance of her being there, before considering other possibilites. Her sister did not favor the theory of her disappearance being connected to the July attack.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back