Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

Just slightly, I didnt think people picked up roadkill in real life? Just sounds strange to notice and follow drag marks. Maybe it's a regional thing ( I'm on the left coast) or they were really hungry?
I lived in upper Michigan from birth to 19, and now live in WI, but my family is still in the UP. As gross as it sounds (IMO), people do pick up roadkill. A local zoo, DeYoungs, often will go pick up deer that have been hit if they are notified quickly enough, I have heard. I have a friend who every time she has hit a deer, has taken it and salvaged the meat and hide. As gross as it sounds to me, from my understanding, for those who do salvage roadkill it is more about not being wasteful, and in respecting the animal as to not leave it to rot on the side of the road. Odd, but it doesn’t seem unlikely given the area. All just my opinion.

I posted a few Google Maps, of differing perspective. The area varies from marsh to dense woods. It's unlikely she could have made a straight path to her resting place. Far more likely, trying to run in the marsh exhausted her, and when she reached the open water, was too weak to get out, and drifted to the dam/outlet where she was found. Or, ran up the 2-track straight to the water.
I put a yellow circle around a structure that I think is the cabin Adrienne went missing from.

I also put a blue square around what appears to be the “dam” or “outlet” that the body was found close to.

Do I have the locations correct?
F7F06AE5-3003-456D-B6AC-58729B852BAD.jpeg

I put a yellow circle around a structure that I think is the cabin Adrienne went missing from.

I also put a blue square around what appears to be the “dam” or “outlet” that the body was found close to.

Do I have the locations correct?
View attachment 221771

Yellow ring is the other cabin, where staging was. She was due North, just South of the larger neighbor property. I had a marked up map and had the prop line wrong, deleted. Will re-try

I find it problematic that Ada's boyfriend was labeled a person of interest (POI) by LE early on, and never backed away. It appears much less likely that he was involved at this point.

If ADA was delusional- I wonder if LE arriving at the cabin drove her deeper into the brush, as she might have thought there were more bad guys arriving.

Last edited:
I found it confusing that she was found so close to the cabin, in an "inaccessible" area. Attached is an image of the area near the small pond (upper left) where it is reported she was found near. The area is a massive twisting mess of downed trees from the tornado.

The area does appear pretty inaccessible, particularly this time of year.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 11.34.43 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 11.34.43 AM.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 129
They have an album with 26 pictures from the search that took place on December 7th:
Alpena County Search and Rescue

Also under a post on December 8th, someone asked 7 hours ago, “I read online that her body was found on her family's property.... did you guys not search the entire property?,” and they replied, “At the time of the search, the area she was found was inaccessible and was not safe for dogs or searchers to enter. Plans were made to check this area when conditions were safe for all involved.”

They have an album with 26 pictures from the search that took place on December 7th:
Alpena County Search and Rescue

Also under a post on December 8th, someone asked 7 hours ago, “I read online that her body was found on her family's property.... did you guys not search the entire property?,” and they replied, “At the time of the search, the area she was found was inaccessible and was not safe for dogs or searchers to enter. Plans were made to check this area when conditions were safe for all involved.”
Wasn't the same group involved in the latest search? From the article below (BBM):

Quintal’s family was conducting their own search with trained search and rescue teams when they came across the body.

Missing Southfield woman found dead near family’s cabin in Northern Michigan

So, it's been too long for the coroner to determine a cod ?

The are where she was found makes me think she fled in fear. :(

Yes, definitely in fear. I thought a mental break after we found out there was no evidence of anyone shooting into the cabin. Then so many unusual things came up about the past attack, bf, etc. that I wasn’t sure. Now I’m back to thinking she was alone and something caused her to break from reality. :(

I posted a few Google Maps, of differing perspective. The area varies from marsh to dense woods. It's unlikely she could have made a straight path to her resting place. Far more likely, trying to run in the marsh exhausted her, and when she reached the open water, was too weak to get out, and drifted to the dam/outlet where she was found. Or, ran up the 2-track straight to the water.
or was put there?

So, it's been too long for the coroner to determine a cod ?

The are where she was found makes me think she fled in fear. :(

Depends on the condition of the body: Submerged, partially, submerged, frozen, partially frozen. Signs of trauma to the head, body. Any of these factors will need to be taken into consideration in determining COD. There will also be toxicology tests, the results of which might not be known for a couple of months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back