Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully LE can get her cell phone records quickly, see where the last pings were. I don't see any cameras at the Tin Roof, may be some under the awning?
Birmingham Bar | Live Music | Tin Roof
Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

I would be shocked if there were no cameras.

This is another case really bothers me, because Birmingham is my home town.

When I was a child, Lakeview was a neighborhood of mainly middle class homes. I attended Lakeview Elementary for several years. Now it's a mix of a very popular entertainment district, businesses and city living, and a lot has changed.

A woman should be able to leave a bar with 2 strange men & not have any expectation that something bad could happen to them.
Maybe should in a perfect world, but we are far from there and it does seem like an incredibly poor choice in judgement. That is not to say that i think she deserved anything negative to happen to her, but just that i hate to think something bad may have happened to her over a poor decision.

Seriously? you don't think jumping in a car with two men that you don't know isn't completely irresponsible behaviour? At some point every single one of us has to be somewhat accountable for their actions. If I walk through a sketchy neighbourhood with hundred dollar bills hanging out of my pockets, am I not responsible for when I inevitably get mugged? Of course I would. No victim deserves to be blamed, and I'm not doing that, I am simply pointing out that PH did something that is extremely risky, and is now likely paying the price for it. We cannot just simply go through life with the assumption that everything and everyone is rosy, that is simply not the case.

I don't know of anyone here who is claiming that everything and everyone is rosy. There is always the possibility that she was drugged.

I hope those two men will either come forward or be identified by police quickly. This does not look good. The lakeview area is packed over the holidays with so many people going out with friends that are back in town. Scary that someone can just walk off with people and disappear from there.

I hope those two men will either come forward or be identified by police quickly. This does not look good. The lakeview area is packed over the holidays with so many people going out with friends that are back in town. Scary that someone can just walk off with people and disappear from there.

It really does look bad. I discovered that Paighton and I have a mutual friend, so her situation brings added concern to me. I have never met her and don't know her or her family at all,but I am a long time friend of someone who does know all of them.

Strange text message. Sounds like she was familiar with recreational pharmaceutical subculture. Every time you purchase illegal substances you face the dual risk of being arrested or robbed. Long time users develop a sixth sense about such situations. Somebody who's been there and done that usually knows how to recognize and navigate their way out of sketchy situations.

If she had been clean and sober, possible she went with people she didn't know to score and relapsed. The risk of accidental OD is highest coming out of rehab or off of a sober period. Your tolerance is down. Very risky to dose at the level you did before your clean stint. Also if you're getting gear from a new source you don't know the strength/purity.

That she hasn't accessed funds, as far as we know, suggests that she isn't on a relapse bender. As she'd be withdrawing money constantly to re-up.

I guess you are right. Lets just tell all young women not to worry about the consequences of making stupid decisions. I'm sure that'll work out well.
There's no reason to be so rude about it. I'm 25 and I definitely would not get in a car with two guys I don't know. However, Paighton very well could've been drugged or something of the like, and it's not our place to judge her regardless. I hope she comes out safe and wiser from the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow