TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few notes from what Heidi's friend Caressa had said last week:

Caressa regarding Megan’s relationship status:
“This is Heidi telling me this, that MF and her boyfriend were on the rocks, but then MF told me the other day, and she kind of chuckled after, was well you know, I should be having a custody battle here in the next two months or so.”

Regarding the argument the neighbor heard at the apartment complex:
That it ended up being that it could have been the neighbors on her back side, that they faced wall to wall, because they found out they do argue A LOT.

For what it’s worth, Caressa says MF (claimed) she got a text from Heidi at 8:23 a.m. — not a phone call. Heidi had texted about breastfeeding. MF was supposedly sleeping because she was sooooo tired being a new mommy and having a baby and has to sleep when the baby sleeps, that she missed the text, and when MF tried to text/call back, the phone was already off.

Im wayyyy behind but I’m glad you brought up the text vs phone call. MF lies were already unraveling IMO. Tim Miller said that MF told him that she was the last person to SPEAK with HB per the phone call MF got from the police. She told Caressa it was a missed text.

Absolutely, what a complete waste. MF could have driven for Uber, walked dogs, volunteered her time in an old age home, worked a job in reception, been an accountant, gone to trade school, been a welder, a mechanic, lab tech, she could have done any number of things with her life. She chose not to, she's a grifter and a con artist..and perhaps drug addict, she's rotten to the core this one..as they say she's a zero value person.
Deletes Uber app... :eek:

I can’t help but feel a little sick, thinking that Margo might be placed with a man who was content to allow SC to raise her and never (apparently) raised concern until all the drama/spotlight came about. I hope SC is biologically Margo’s father but what a sad cloud this uncertainty of paternity is casting for Heidi’s surviving family.
If the baby is not SC's and the bio dad isn't interested-- I wish she could be placed with Heidi's parents.

Those two children all they have left of Heidi. :(
I think the boy and baby M could help with healing !!!!!

Absolutely, what a complete waste. MF could have driven for Uber, walked dogs, volunteered her time in an old age home, worked a job in reception, been an accountant, gone to trade school, been a welder, a mechanic, lab tech, she could have done any number of things with her life. She chose not to, she's a grifter and a con artist..and perhaps drug addict, she's rotten to the core this one..as they say she's a zero value person.

I know she had not been convicted of the theft felony, but is a charge on your record? I work in a job that does a 10 year FBI background check, and you would be surprised what you can have in your past and still be hired. Of course a felony conviction is a no go, but I still think she could have worked in some kind of job.

I keep wondering about this part of Tim Miller's account, and if it had anything to do with what she did. (See below, bbm) Heidi ignoring her advice and Megan perhaps then deciding to punish Heidi and rescue Margo (if it's true and not a complete fabrication). I doubt it is verbatim but telling Heidi what to do is a pretty intrusive attitude, and might indicate an abnormal desire to control.

... and I said well Magen, I said what's your heart telling you on this. And she's like, Shane did it. She says I was there 10 years ago when they met, I told Heidi stay away from this guy, he's trouble relationships on and off, there's been a lot of abuse going on, Shane keeps saying well that baby's not even mine and stuff, she called me back in May and said that her and Shane had a terrible fight, and and and she just went on and on and on ...

credit to CrimeDawg123 for the transcript (here TX - - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7 )

Obviously it might all just be an attempt to frame SC, but the other point that interests me is that it mentions May, which is when I believe she most likely hatched her evil plot.

MOO

I know she had not been convicted of the theft felony, but is a charge on your record? I work in a job that does a 10 year FBI background check, and you would be surprised what you can have in your past and still be hired. Of course a felony conviction is a no go, but I still think she could have worked in some kind of job.

MF absolutely could have worked anywhere, IIRC her charges were dismissed, she was never convicted. If she was a convicted felon..she would have still been hired somewhere...but would have been much harder. She got away with the 5k stolen money..

"But it keeps coming up like a whack a mole"
LOL, indeed. I think it's just so hard for people to understand how MF could have pulled this off alone which is contributing to the misunderstanding. APD was clear in the PC on Dec 20 that to that point only one person had been arrested: "We do have one person that has been arrested and charged".

I personally think that with enough motivation a person is capable of pretty much anything (save something that is physically impossible such as being in two places at once).

Has DCFS - Department of Child & Family Services made an official statement since Friday?

News reporters are more than likely regurgitating the last “official” statement- we are waiting on DNA confirmation etc etc - paraphrasing because I don’t exactly recall their official statement.

Texas CPS has left children to die in parental homes by being lax in their investigations.

Texas CPS has also left children removed from their homes to die in foster homes by being lax in their policies and ignoring abuse allegations from parents.

They are overwhelmed and understaffed to do the job they’re tasked with and children have suffered because of this.

I do hope baby Margo is being properly cared for in a safe and loving foster home until she’s reunited with her biological family.

I doubt they can make any statement regarding minor children in their care. People do not realize that the parents of a lot of these children are still their legal guardians. It is extremely difficult to dissolve parental rights even in foster care. Parents here have one year to change their minds. They have to fight a very long battle in family court unless a parent signs rights away voluntarily.
I had a nephew in foster care once. Our family wasn't even allowed to see or speak to him because his mother had full legal custody and would not allow it (she gave my 11 year old nephew TWO black eyes). The end goal for child protective services is always to reunite the children with their parents. Guess where my nephew is now? .......With his mother ( CPS does "routine follow ups" and made her take a parenting class).

I agree she could have found some type of employment. In my area, they ask “any felony arrests/convictions”. Of course most check NO. No actual check is performed and often they know the person lied but still hire them. Later, they can terminate them for lying on their app. I’m referring to gas stations, restaurants, fast food & retail.
I think she was out of control about the time she allegedly stole the 5k and never got her life back on track.
CG & his mom are probably delighted she’s gone but mortified what it took to get rid of her. Jmo

I agree she could have found some type of employment. In my area, they ask “any felony arrests/convictions”. Of course most check NO. No actual check is performed and often they know the person lied but still hire them. Later, they can terminate them for lying on their app. I’m referring to gas stations, restaurants, fast food & retail.
I think she was out of control about the time she allegedly stole the 5k and never got her life back on track.
CG & his mom are probably delighted she’s gone but mortified what it took to get rid of her. Jmo

I think a lot of it depends on what kind of job you're applying for. An example being that if she were to have a charge/conviction for theft on her record, she's going to have a tougher time getting a job as a bank teller or doing something where she is responsible for handling money.

I personally think that with enough motivation a person is capable of pretty much anything (save something that is physically impossible such as being in two places at once).
I think she could easily overpower Heidi singlehandedly. Heidi had no idea what MF intended, MF was prepared. in MF’s mind, she had no choice, she HAD to produce a baby....soon. Time was running out.

That's true and reminds me there are so many more victims than I've focused on. I feel terrible for her family, too. I'm sure they feel horrible even being related to her; I would.

All of this. It has a long reach into a lot of people's lives.

And I can think of a few times a friend or acquaintance has given me some bad vibes. I wonder if we'll ever hear a story about whether HB ever had a bad feeling about MF during their long relationship. It's the least terrifying of the two options, for sure.

I'll never forget being stunned by this interview by about Bruce McArthur, because I really hoped that all the signs would be obvious to all the people around them, or that even one person got the creeps - whatever. Any hope to hold onto that it couldn't happen in your circle. Seeing young HB and MF together, and having maintained such a lasting friendship (how many of us are in such close touch with friends from that age that they'd go to doctor's appointments with us?), I feel she was blindsided.

I think a lot of it depends on what kind of job you're applying for. An example being that if she were to have a charge/conviction for theft on her record, she's going to have a tougher time getting a job as a bank teller or doing something where she is responsible for handling money.

very true & some positions require “front office/desk appearance”. I’m almost surprised she didn’t try for a nanny/sitter job.

If there is another man in the picture (I guess there is? I have not seen the MSMon this) he may have had contact with Heidi and they agreed to consider the child to be Shane’s...but her murder changed things. We should not assume he has bad motives yet, jmo.

I think she could easily overpower Heidi singlehandedly. Heidi had no idea what MF intended, MF was prepared. in MF’s mind, she had no choice, she HAD to produce a baby....soon. Time was running out.

Exactly, not to mention that if I'm hanging with a friend I've known since I was a child my defenses would be at like subzero.

Obviously it might all just be an attempt to frame SC, but the other point that interests me is that it mentions May, which is when I believe she most likely hatched her evil plot.

per Rachel, May is when MF announced her pregnancy, when four gals were out together, Heidi, too, announced her pregnancy.
imo around the time Heidi met Shane is appx when MF’s marriage started crumbling. All moo and my math.

All of this. It has a long reach into a lot of people's lives.

And I can think of a few times a friend or acquaintance has given me some bad vibes. I wonder if we'll ever hear a story about whether HB ever had a bad feeling about MF during their long relationship. It's the least terrifying of the two options, for sure.

I'll never forget being stunned by this interview by about Bruce McArthur, because I really hoped that all the signs would be obvious to all the people around them, or that even one person got the creeps - whatever. Any hope to hold onto that it couldn't happen in your circle. Seeing young HB and MF together, and having maintained such a lasting friendship (how many of us are in such close touch with friends from that age that they'd go to doctor's appointments with us?), I feel she was blindsided.

So far, no one has said anything that leads one to believe there were signs. I am not sure I would readily believe anyone who comes forward later on...but jmo.

Im wayyyy behind but I’m glad you brought up the text vs phone call. MF lies were already unraveling IMO. Tim Miller said that MF told him that she was the last person to SPEAK with HB per the phone call MF got from the police. She told Caressa it was a missed text.

As a phone call-averse human, I think I might phrase it the same way. I frequently say "I talked to XYZ today" but anyone who knows me knows it wasn't a phone call :)

Agree. I was in the construction industry for a long while and we did extensive background checks because we were sending people into places with expensive merchandise, or children present, people's homes, etc. But on the other side of our business (wholesale) our background checks were much more superficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member