GUILTY WV - Parents, Melissa & Dillon Waybright, 60 counts horrific abuse/neglect, Tucker Co., Dec 2019

I live in West Virginia, and when you see something like this was happening so close to you, you wish that somehow you could have known so you could have somehow stopped it.

I know we have no way of knowing when these things are happening miles away from us to children we've never even met, but it leaves you wishing that somehow you would have known. You can't help but feel this gut-wrenching wave of sadness when you know that child was not that far away and going through this and you were clueless.

I don't know if anyone else gets this feeling, but I do every time I see WV, and even PA, in the headline. I cry every time we lose a child, but when it happens somewhere close it makes me feel like somehow it was my responsibility to know, even though I had no way of knowing. IDK -- it's such a hard thing to swallow. It leaves me wondering how many more children within a 100-mile radius of me are going through this right now and there is no way I can find them. It just leaves you feeling broken inside.

Deputies: Two Tucker County residents abused child starting in May

Parents arrested for horrific abuse and neglect of their children.
(First time starting a thread hope it’s right!)
These 2 soulless sick animals should be treated in the same fashion as they treated these two children. What in God's name started this? There is absolutely nothing a child could ever do to deserve this type treatment, ever. I pray they will now get to live with some wonderful, loving people that feed them well, love them strongly so their spirits can blossom. This is freakin' unbelievable.

UCKER COUNTY, W.Va. (WDTV)-- Two people from Tucker County were arrested after they abused a child from May to Dec. 2019, deputies said.

Melissa and Dillon Waybright have been charged with 60 counts child neglect resulting in injury and 60 counts of conspiracy.

According to the criminal complaint, the child said during an interview that Melissa would hit him in the head, neck, face, back, chest, legs and stomach. The victim said the hits would cause him to black out.

The victim said Melissa would step and jump on him while he was on the ground, deputies said. Melissa would put a bleach rag in his mouth that would burn the victim's face.

The victim would be locked in his bedroom and would not be allowed out of his room to use the restroom, according to the complaint.

When the victim had an accident, he would have to use a "butter bowl" with water and a toothbrush to clean it up, deputies said.

Deputies say the victim was not allowed to eat with the family. The victim would try to sneak drinks from the bowl. Melissa started putting bleach in the bowl to keep him from drinking.

The victim said he would pour the water in his room to be able to finish faster, but a camera caught him, court documents state. He would get hit and would have to sleep on the floor without covers or a mattress.

When the victim would have accidents, he would be forced to stay in a dog cage in the dining room, police said. He said he would have to lay in the cage naked and have to eat in it.

The victim said he would have to lay on his school clothes, which were under a "puppy pad" in the cage, according to the complaint.

The victim would also be forced to go outside naked for long periods of time, according to deputies. When he got to take a bath, he would have to bathe outside while Melissa would use the water hose to wash him off. He then got a puppy pad to dry off and cover up.

Deputies say Melissa forced the victim to drink his urine, as well as her urine.

When the victim was able to get out of dog cage, Melissa and Dillon would use bungee cords, string and finally zip ties to keep the door shut, according to the complaint.

The victim said the house had four camera, one in his bedroom, one in his sister's bedroom one outside and one in the stairwell, according to the complaint.

Melissa and Dillon would leave the victim and his sister locked in their rooms when they would leave the house, according to deputies.

They had 2 children and abused only 1? How do these people make a choice of which one to abuse? I wonder how old these poor children are? The boy mentions school clothes. I'm just glad that we aren't reading about 2 abused to death children. And I wonder how the abuse was discovered by LE. Of course, this little boy is very verbal, and he probably talked enough to alert someone who reported them. All the more reason to abuse this poor boy. That M & D are a couple of pukes.

Maybe the sister was abused too. Certainly spied on and locked in her room.

And wondering if either parent was gainfully employed.

Thanks, OP, for this thread.

Dillon's parents have now both been arrested under a federal warrant by the Marshall's service. Not sure what the charges are but can't be good for this little boy. Hoping it's not what I'm thinking!! Names are Katherine and Troy Waybright. Being held at TVRJ, same jail as the monsters.

Dillon's parents have now both been arrested under a federal warrant by the Marshall's service. Not sure what the charges are but can't be good for this little boy. Hoping it's not what I'm thinking!! Names are Katherine and Troy Waybright. Being held at TVRJ, same jail as the monsters.
@ccooper66 Please provide a main stream media (MSM) link for this information or your post will likely be removed for violating the Terms of Service (TOS).

Welcome to Websleuths, we’re glad you’re here!

Last edited:
Tucker County Couple arrested on 240 felony counts of Child Abuse - The Parsons Advocate

2 Parsons residents given more than 200 charges stemming from alleged child abuse incidents
In her statement, Melissa admitted to locking the juvenile in a dog cage and placing clothes pins on his genitals, and Dillon stated that he was present when the juvenile was placed in the cage and when the “clothes pin punishment” was performed, the complaint alleges.

What makes people think to do these things?

Please remove if you need to. Thanks!!
I’m not an Admin or moderator. I’m simply pointing out the TOS we all agree to abide by when joining. A MSM link to a case is required unless you are a verified insider. A perps family is not allowed to be sleuthed nor should anything be posted regarding them. Just letting you know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back