TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if dad/granddad is confusing DNA with paternity. If they've confirmed baby margo is no other child than HB's daughter that was by DNA. Can't imagine the trauma of this entire family and the children involved. Strength, peace, and comfort to this family.

Not sure what you mean by confusing DNA with paternity? (sorry, it's late and I've been busy all day baking and cleaning lol) But I do agree, I am not sure how else they could have confirmed Margo is Heidi's baby, other than DNA. Someone the other day mentioned hand/foot prints possibly at the hospital? Do they do that there? Anyone?

It said more charges are expected in the coming days. Not sure if that means more arrests.

I just listened to full interview with Mike, Shane's buddy, and he said Shane told him that the video showed Heidi in the back of the car and that another person may have been in there. Not sure how accurate that is since we haven't seen the video.

At around the 27:35 mark, SC's buddy says the video shows Heidi in the back of the car. What he says is a little misleading, IMO, because he implies there might have been MF driving (and another person?), but then later says he heard the video only shows the car leaving. So...??? This case has been full of these misleading reports and I've become afraid to take anything as fact. But I'm waiting, oh yes waiting, to see if MF acted alone.

Sorry, way behind again. Just wanted to say.. I wonder if today's initial reports from some reporter saying that CPS was seeking an interim custody order for Baby Margo, was week-old information that the reporter misunderstood the dates on. I believe Heidi and Margo were discovered on last Thursday, so of course, on Friday, CPS would have been in court seeking an interim custody order. CPS already HAD custody of Margo up until Monday evening (earlier this evening). They don't screw around with this stuff, if a temporary custody order is deemd to be required, it's required, they don't wait for FOUR days, saying on Monday that they're going to court 4 days later on the Friday, to get it. Imo, the reporter misread whatever docs she came across, and then other reporters soaked it up and re-reported it as if fact. It also doesn't make any sense whatsoever that CPS would say on Monday that they're 'seeking' an order, and then return the child to her family on the same day. Big media mess. imo.

I wonder what it was that made Heidi's mom uncomfortable with her 'good friend' 'Magen', from the start of their friendship? That's going back many years, isn't it?I wonder if TB shared her uneasiness with her daughter, advising her to 'beware'?

Tammy Broussard also told ABC News she had a bad feeling about Fieramusca saying, "But the thing is, I was uneasy with her, and I had (been) from the beginning of her friendship with Heidi."

"She was supposedly Heidi's friend for a long time," explained Tammy Broussard. "Heidi had so many friends. Everybody loved her. We thought Magen loved her too. But evidently that wasn't the case. She wanted Margot, is what she wanted."

Mother of murdered Austin mom on suspected killer: 'I was uneasy with her'

Not sure what you mean by confusing DNA with paternity? (sorry, it's late and I've been busy all day baking and cleaning lol) But I do agree, I am not sure how else they could have confirmed Margo is Heidi's baby, other than DNA. Someone the other day mentioned hand/foot prints possibly at the hospital? Do they do that there? Anyone?

I'm guessing that they did a DNA test to confirm that Margo is Heidi's daughter but they haven't done a DNA test to verify who her father is.

If that's true my question is why not do both comparisons to clear things up?

Sorry, way behind again. Just wanted to say.. I wonder if today's initial reports from some reporter saying that CPS was seeking an interim custody order for Baby Margo, was week-old information that the reporter misunderstood the dates on. I believe Heidi and Margo were discovered on last Thursday, so of course, on Friday, CPS would have been in court seeking an interim custody order. CPS already HAD custody of Margo up until Monday evening (earlier this evening). They don't screw around with this stuff, if a temporary custody order is deemd to be required, it's required, they don't wait for FOUR days, saying on Monday that they're going to court 4 days later on the Friday, to get it. Imo, the reporter misread whatever docs she came across, and then other reporters soaked it up and re-reported it as if fact. It also doesn't make any sense whatsoever that CPS would say on Monday that they're 'seeking' an order, and then return the child to her family on the same day. Big media mess. imo.

Yup, that makes sense.

Fake news!

We footprint all our babies at my hospital.

I wonder what it was that made Heidi's mom uncomfortable with her 'good friend' 'Magen', from the start of their friendship? That's going back many years, isn't it?I wonder if TB shared her uneasiness with her daughter, advising her to 'beware'?

Tammy Broussard also told ABC News she had a bad feeling about Fieramusca saying, "But the thing is, I was uneasy with her, and I had (been) from the beginning of her friendship with Heidi."

"She was supposedly Heidi's friend for a long time," explained Tammy Broussard. "Heidi had so many friends. Everybody loved her. We thought Magen loved her too. But evidently that wasn't the case. She wanted Margot, is what she wanted."

Yes, I wish we knew, though it might have been something Tammy couldn't exactly put her finger on or articulate.

I'm guessing that they did a DNA test to confirm that Margo is Heidi's daughter but they haven't done a DNA test to verify who her father is.

If that's true my question is why not do both comparisons to clear things up?

Yeah, that would be my guess too, and I would think that they would do both simultaneously. So either paternity may not matter right now because of papers or declarations signed that I read others reference previously and maybe there is no legal dispute over paternity. Or results are back and it's no one's business and it's a privacy issue and we may not get confirmation other than through Shane or his family/friends. I got the impression that Shane and Heidi's parents were on the way to or back from Houston to get Margo when the vigil was being held, maybe TC didn't know more when he did that interview.

JMO

You're correct -- DNA was complete to confirm baby Margo was born of HB.

During vigil media clip -- TC stated CPS was releasing child without DNA test results. I think he meant paternity results incomplete given the alleged claim by other. MOO

That sounds right. In the case of Lisa Montgomery who killed a mother and cut the baby out of her womb, it was a federal crime. She did not cross state lines.

Trial

Montgomery's criminal offense, established under the Federal Kidnapping Act, intended to make it easier for federal authorities to respond to kidnappings once they cross state lines. She was tried and convicted for "kidnapping resulting in death," in Title 18, United States Code 1201. U.S. attorney Todd Graves stated that federal jurisdiction is established when a person dies as a result of a kidnapping. Violations of Title 18, USC 1201 may result in capital punishment and/or any sentence up to life imprisonment.
Lisa Montgomery | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

The kidnapping crossed State lines.

[ETA] Just listened to podcast and Leigh says there is no second arrest. I thought Crimeonline was a trusted source. If not, my apologies. I think she just hasn’t gone back to correct her report from earlier. Sorry.

Wow, just read in the Crimeonline article that police have confirmed the arrest of a second person! No wonder things are moving carefully!

It has now been updated. Thank you for the heads up on that. A local and very trusted msm outlet initially reported there were two arrests, confirmed by authorities. That part of their report is now gone. We tried for days to confirm the information with law enforcement to no avail. Apologies we did not get the story corrected sooner.

pondering-smiley-emoticon.gif
signboard-ok-smiley-emoticon.gif

Are you volunteering to look these up for me??!! :D

Yes, I wish we knew, though it might have been something Tammy couldn't exactly put her finger on or articulate.

Mothers intuition. My understanding is HB was an only child whereas MF allegedly comes from family with 12+siblings. Maybe Tammy thought MF had more freedom than she was comfortable with or spent too much time at their house.

My sister had a friend like that that spent 4 nights a week with us and mom finally put her foot down when she started bringing 3 loads of laundry from home to do at our house!

I'm starting to think a combo of drugs,and a hormonal/Thyroid condition. But maybe not a heavy drug user,because so far her record looks pretty clean, other than the theft thing that wasn't proven,and now this. Thyroid issues can wreak havock on ones health.
MOO
Just because her past record is clean, does not mean she is not into heavy drug use perhaps she has just not gotten caught. I personally have seen good people get on bad street drugs( meth mainly ) and in 3 month time they become a thin shell of who they were before drug use. Not saying MG is a drug abuser but drug use is a probable scenario.

Shane's father, I think, in the livestream of the vigil earlier described her as light hearted and free, she wore life like a loose t-shirt is I think how he described her. The vigil was utterly respectful and indeed holy.

I started thinking it's possible he was just one of those people who did not exist in a world of judgement or met her friend's obvious problems with compassion and forgiveness. She probably protected her and sheltered her and cared for her along with her imperfections. I think it's possible she knew that permitting her to attend the birth was not the greatest idea but she was either 'persuaded' or co-erced into granting that attendance
That is entirely speculative on my part, just a strong feel having watched the vigil in full, a few times.. I reckon there are good people praying for her soul and spirit and that , to me, is immensely reassuring because it is difficult to pray effectively while overcome in horror...they were grieving still but they were focused too, holding her while moving beyond the utter horror she had undergone. Maybe there's hope here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea