Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

Why do you keep saying she was on drugs? How would you know? Do you have a link to share? Do you have a verified source? You can’t bash the victim OR her family because of your own thoughts. Unless you can supply a verified source or a link to a page - keep your negative immature comments to yourself.

Lovie forgot to say MOO. IMO this wasn’t victim bashing, it was theorizing and we’re supposed to label our theories as MOO or IMO.

LE has operated under the theory that drugs were possibly involved: “Now, Benzie County Sheriff Ted Schendel says he has three theories about what happened to her:
The first is that she was taking drugs, got spooked, and ran into the woods. ” Benzie County Sheriff: I Have Three Theories About What Happened to Missing Woman - 9 & 10 News

We don’t know everything that LE knows about Ada. IMO theorizing about drugs or other possibilities outside of criminal violence is part of what happens here on Websleuths. The FACT is we don’t know how Ada died yet or what was involved in that death.

ETA: and whatever the case, whatever happened in whatever capacity, it doesn’t change the weight of the tragedy or whether Ada was a worthy victim. We just don’t know what she was victim to. No matter what this is awful for her dear family.

Last edited:
I was one of the posters who really thought this had to be related to the July attack. But now think something set Ada off and it ended in tragedy. Although the hit to her head in July could have caused paranoia, PTSD and anxiety if she was always afraid someone was after her. Honestly if I was attacked like that, I would have anxiety. I am happy for her family she was found and they can give her a proper goodbye. Thoughts and prayers to all who loved Ada!
I'm not a Dr but my thought was could she have had a blood clot from the head trauma? Something that broke free and impacted her cognitive ability? I don't know what I'm even trying to say, but I would think something similar to this could be a possibility?

Why do you keep saying she was on drugs? How would you know? Do you have a link to share? Do you have a verified source? You can’t bash the victim OR her family because of your own thoughts. Unless you can supply a verified source or a link to a page - keep your negative immature comments to yourself.

I don’t see how that is immature or negative, it’s simply the most likely explanation. LE even theorized that she was on drugs in their public statements where they mentioned their 3 theories. That’s not victim bashing.

She was in a shootout with people that by all accounts didn’t exist, she told her friend she shot one of them in the face even though there’s no evidence of that, and then she panicked and ran a short distance from the cabin where she was found deceased. It’s perfectly reasonable to suspect this was a mental health crisis and a break from reality, whether do to drugs or maybe a brain injury from the assault she was victim to.

This isn’t the first case like this and won’t be the last. It’s a very tragic case, but since LE themselves theorized that drug use was a possible trigger I don’t see why it’s unreasonable or immature to mention that.

Last edited:

Did you ever become a verified insider?

I'm not a Dr but my thought was could she have had a blood clot from the head trauma? Something that broke free and impacted her cognitive ability? I don't know what I'm even trying to say, but I would think something similar to this could be a possibility?
I agree! The July incident could be related due to whatever injuries Ada sustained. I believe she was in the hospital for a couple days so it must have been serious. Whatever happened in July could have affected Ada physically and/or mentally. Such a tragedy.

Benzie County Undersheriff releases details on how Adrienne Quintal was found

“They only saw what they thought was her after they had receded some of the water, they got into a canoe they didn’t have a direction, they had no idea where to start but they just started looking,” said Benzie County Undersheriff Kyle Rosa. “The water going down basically unveiled from the shoulders up and that was enough for them to see her by a small tree and that’s when the family called us."

I agree! The July incident could be related due to whatever injuries Ada sustained. I believe she was in the hospital for a couple days so it must have been serious. Whatever happened in July could have affected Ada physically and/or mentally. Such a tragedy.

First, my sincere condolences to Adrienne’s family. I had prayed for a better outcome. Poor Ada!

Is it known who assaulted her in July? I can’t help thinking that this attack brought about her eventual demise. Such sad and unnecessary circumstances. At least Ada was where she loved to be, though a small consolation. Prayers for her loved ones, for sure.

Police: No signs of foul play in death of Southfield woman Adrienne Quintal

Authorities said there appears to be "no sign of foul play" in the disappearance of a Southfield woman who had been missing for weeks and was found on Saturday, fully submerged in a flooded area on her family’s Up North property...

Toxicology results, which might help determine how she ended up in the water or explain a phone call just before she disappeared, are pending...

Police and Quintal's family have speculated she might have suffered a medical problem. Her sister told the Free Press that Quintal had suffered a head injury several months earlier. The medical examiner's office is expected to determine her cause of death.

Last edited:
Pretty basic question about autopsy/toxicology results, but how is that information public? I often wonder this when celebrity death tox results are released. I realize this information is often released, but why does the public deserve to know the tox results of this person? Clearly HIPAA doesn’t cover this?

I lean on the side of substance-induced something as far as this case goes, but I guess I’m just wondering why anyone on here has the right to know that info. Just trying to gain knowledge.

Pretty basic question about autopsy/toxicology results, but how is that information public? I often wonder this when celebrity death tox results are released. I realize this information is often released, but why does the public deserve to know the tox results of this person? Clearly HIPAA doesn’t cover this?

I lean on the side of substance-induced something as far as this case goes, but I guess I’m just wondering why anyone on here has the right to know that info. Just trying to gain knowledge.
Autopsy reports are considered public records. HIPAA doesn't apply to coroners.

HIPAA hinders access to medical information - The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Comment: One commenter recommended clarifying in the final rule that it does not restrict law enforcement agencies' release of medical information that many state records laws require to be reported, for example, as part of autopsy reports. The commenter recommended stating that law enforcement officials may independently gather medical information, that such information would not be covered by these rules, and that it would continue to be covered under applicable state and federal access laws.

Response: HIPAA does not give HHS statutory authority to regulate law enforcement officials' use or disclosure of protected health information. As stated elsewhere, we continue to support enactment of comprehensive privacy legislation to cover disclosure and use of all individually identifiable health information.

Section 164.512(g) - Uses and Disclosures about Decedents

newspaper photos of her car showed snow.. the little roof her boots were found also had about 4 inches of snow.
For one, Adrienne's sister confirmed in her Brain Scratch interview that there was no snow on the ground at the time of Adrienne's disappearance. The media photos were taken quite a few days after.

I think that it educates (and hopefully scares) people on what can happen if people use certain illegal substances. There have been many stories over the years of people who go missing and end up in shallow bodies of water or dying close to their cars of hypothermia, for example... and often times methamphetamine shows up in tox results.

Examples...

Found Deceased - MI - Jeff Hurley, 34, & Alexandria Foust, 19, Missaukee County, 7 Nov 2017

Found Deceased - CA - Jennifer Kinsella-Grindle, 41, Murrietta, 28 Aug 2017

I'm not saying that's the case here...but imo things point in that direction. Hopefully results will be publicized and if illegal substances are a contributing factor...hopefully young people will know to stay away from the stuff.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back