TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
MF - sorry

MF discussed breastfeeding with a detective?

Edited to say I found it,thank you! - MF was the source and Tim Miller, not a detective, was on the phone with her. So who knows what was actually said. Breastfeeding problems are something you call your mother about, IMO
Or how you might entice your BFF to get into a car with you! IMO

Does Texas require a capital murder indictment to be made by a grand jury? If so, that is probably why there's a delay.

In Florida, first degree murder charges can only come from a grand jury. People are arrested and charged with second degree, and everyone throws a fit until the grand jury indictment comes out.

Does Texas require a capital murder indictment to be made by a grand jury? If so, that is probably why there's a delay.

In Florida, first degree murder charges can only come from a grand jury. People are arrested and charged with second degree, and everyone throws a fit until the grand jury indictment comes out.
If I am reading this correctly, an arrest would come first in a Tx capital case

Overview of the Capital Trial Process | Capital Punishment in Context

I think you answered your own question. They don't know where Heidi was killed and that would matter for jurisdiction. If that's never found out, I'm not sure how they would proceed but they will based upon circumstantial evidence and they'll get a conviction on capital murder, imo. Hopefully our member lawyers will comment on this.
@riolove77 @gitana1

There's also the matter of the ligature/murder weapon. Plus we know they were searching for something between Austin and Houston, though no idea what it was. Any items that might be recovered would be tested for DNA, I assume.

I honestly don’t think there’s any issue here. I think either jurisdiction could prosecute her for some or all of the charges, including capital murder. It’s enough that she was taken from one jurisdiction and found dead in the other.

IANAL but I don't think we can necessarily assume that the kidnapping applies to Austin. It has been reported that video evidence exists that shows HB entering MF's vehicle willingly.

I could be wrong but it sounds to me that the kidnapping charges could possibly stem from restraining/holding HB and the baby elsewhere, such as the residence in Harris Co, for example. I wish we knew more about the other locations being investigated. MOO

She would’ve been kidnapped whenever she stopped being in that car willingly. It’s anyone’s guess where that was.

She would’ve been kidnapped whenever she stopped being in that car willingly. It’s anyone’s guess where that was.
I hope LE can piece together MF’s trip to Houston with toll info or video. Imo, she stopped & killed Heidi not far from the complex. As much as it appears MF traveled to Austin, she must know a lot of pull off spots. Jmo

Arrest, arraignment, indictment, trial: How does Texas' justice system work?

The law requires that the accused be seen by a judge within 48 hours after an arrest. The judge will inform him of the charges he faces and whether there is an affidavit, which is a sworn statement, supporting the charges.

Charges filed

The prosecutor is then required to file charges either through a complaint (used for Class C misdemeanor), information (used for Class A or B misdemeanors) or indictment (used for felonies.)

A note on indictments: Indictments are presented by prosecutors to a 12-person grand jury that then votes whether there is probable cause of the defendant's guilt. Nine votes are required to take the case to trial. If the prosecution does not meet that requirement, no charge is filed, but the prosecution can present its case again to a grand jury.

ETA: Note grand jury, who only is seated MOO Monday through Friday? Some jurisdictions they only meet two days a week.

It was said she left willingly, not that she was seen on video getting into a car. It's been reported that the only surveillance cameras were at a store across the street where the car was exiting. According to the reporter, Melanie Barden at CBS, there were no cameras near the apartment itself.

I would link this source but she did a phone interview with a non-approved youtuber.

Cameras or lack of is confusing.

Heidi Broussard: Slain mom willingly got in ‘close friend’s’ car, who later kidnapped her & newborn, claimed the infant as her own [Police]

Surveillance footage obtained from slain mother Heidi Broussard’s Austin apartment complex showed her willingly getting into a car on December 12 with a woman she had been friends with for years, sources told ABC 13. Heidi was later held against her will, authorities alleged, along with her 3-week-old baby.

Cameras or lack of is confusing.

Surveillance footage obtained from slain mother Heidi Broussard’s Austin apartment complex showed her willingly getting into a car on December 12 with a woman she had been friends with for years, sources told ABC 13. Heidi was later held against her will, authorities alleged, along with her 3-week-old baby.
Within the complex would likely be the office area but I tend to doubt it. I have a ton of experience in multi-housing in Texas and you do well to get proper lighting. I'm not saying none have cameras, high rent communities may, I'm saying the vast majority of apartments do not.

Within the complex would likely be the office area but I tend to doubt it. I have a ton of experience in multi-housing in Texas and you do well to get proper lighting. I'm not saying none have cameras, high rent communities may, I'm saying the vast majority of apartments do not.

I guess LE at least had cameras from some of the residents to know she willingly got in the car. Moo

It was said she left willingly, not that she was seen on video getting into a car. It's been reported that the only surveillance cameras were at a store across the street where the car was exiting. According to the reporter, Melanie Barden at CBS, there were no cameras near the apartment itself.

I would link this source but she did a phone interview with a non-approved youtuber.
Yes. I’ve been wondering for days where the info saying there is video of her getting into car willingly came from. It’s been stated so many times in MSM you’d think it was a given, but all the source mentions I’ve seen are quoting MSM or MSM saying “sources say”. Even if a family member or friend stated it I wonder if they got that info from some overly helpful MSM reporter trying to nudge their way in for an interview.

Q). Has anyone here seen anything saying LE has confirmed (or denied) there’s a video showing when Heidi got into the car? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500