TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attended an open casket funeral as a teenager where my teenage friend had shot himself in the head. I wasn’t sure if the family did that for tradition or to teach people a lesson. It was awful.
I went to a wake for a friend's son who was killed by his best friend= shot him twice in the head.

I have to say, the funeral director and make up artist did an amazing job, plus the funeral director insisted that if the family wanted an open casket it was fine, but that there must be a veil around the top of it to ward off the shock. With this veil and the perfect lighting that the funeral director placed just so, it looked like he was sleeping in a semi dark room.

Fieramusca's attorneys released a statement Thursday saying they are "proud to represent Ms. Magen Fieramusca and are anxious to review the evidence collected thus far."

The statement continued saying, "We are in the beginning stages of a very long process, but there are many questions that need to be answered. At this time, we have no information from the Travis County District Attorney's Office regarding additional charges and do not know when Ms. Fieramusca will appear in court. As with every American accused of a crime, unless the State can prove these allegations beyond any reasonable doubt, Ms. Fieramusca is innocent."
Lawyers for accused Austin mom killer: 'We're anxious to review the evidence'
Does this mean her attorney is allowed to speak out publicly?

Lol this woman is something else.

First of all, she isn't innocent, she is PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty BRD.

Secondly, I know a lot of defense attorneys, and I've never heard one proclaim to be proud to represent a best friend murdering baby stealer. She's going to have to eat her words. She should really keep quiet.

And yes, I know I'm biased.

First of all, she isn't innocent, she is PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty BRD.

Secondly, I know a lot of defense attorneys, and I've never heard one proclaim to be proud to represent a best friend murdering baby stealer. She's going to have to eat her words. She should really keep quiet.

I agree! She’s going way too far with that statement. She’s going to gain a lot of enemies with that one.

Agreed. Speedy trial rights kick in the moment she is charged. It makes no sense to charge her now when they can take their time building a solid case as they already have her in custody on other charges.
Her right to a speedy trial on her three current charges begin when?

Also, is it the same for federal charges?

Fieramusca's attorneys released a statement Thursday saying they are "proud to represent Ms. Magen Fieramusca and are anxious to review the evidence collected thus far."

S&BBM- they really set the bar low for themselves, didn't they?

Pun intended, of course.

It actually made my stomach turn. Being proud to represent a murderer and baby kidnapper? Whatever floats their boats, I guess.

I haven't seen anything that indicates the investigation has changed hands.

I'm just guessing, but I think the place holder comment has to do with the timing applicable to the criminal process in TX. IOW, Arraignment typically occurs within 72 hours of arrest. MOO

@riolove77 or @gitana1, we would appreciate your expertise! The question we have is what is meant in the statement below by "place holder?" TIA :)

Court date set for 'close friend' of missing Austin mother
In a statement to FOX 7 Austin, the lawyers representing Magen Fieramusca said that the hearing date is likely a place holder and not one in which Magen Fieramusca will be attending. "At this time, we have no information from the Travis County District Attorney’s Office regarding additional charges and do not know when Ms. Fieramusca will appear in court.

Placeholder just means her attorneys will come in that date to do nothing else but set a future date pretty much.

S&BBM- they really set the bar low for themselves, didn't they?

Pun intended, of course.
They should know that pride comes before a fall. Nothing much to be proud of here... who tampers with corpses and steals babies proudly?
Baby didn't steal herself.
Mother didn't strangle herself to death and then manage to stuff her own dead body into the trunk of a car..

Do we have a 'gag order' in this case yet to go along with the sealed arrest documents?

The two attorneys representing Fieramusca, Jackie Wood and Brian Erskine, released a statement Thursday saying they do not know when Fieramusca will appear in court.

Magen Fieramusca set to appear in court: Linked to Heidi Broussard

Was looking up the judge on the case docket, he is green! And temporary at this time MOO. I'm sure that this will be a reason for anything going forward that he will be in the extreme as to buttoning it up so no appeals! Egads, if a high profile case was heard by a green judge and this was their first case! But it will be years, so perhaps he will have a replacement or more experience?

Governor Abbott Appoints Puryear To 460th Judicial District Court | Office of the Texas Governor | Greg Abbott

November 7, 2019 | Austin, Texas | Appointment

Governor Greg Abbott has appointed Geoffrey Puryear to the 460th Judicial District Court in Travis County for a term set to expire on December 31, 2020, or until his successor shall be duly elected and qualified.

KVUE News‏Verified account @KVUE
Replying to xxxxxxx
Hey there, this is what our article says: "Heidi Broussard was found dead in Fieramusca's car at a Houston-area home on Dec. 19. Her cause of death was deemed ligature strangulation."

9:12 AM - 27 Dec 2019

Love their reporting so far at KVUE in following the case so far. As with all new cases, I have tried to find just ONE (two if bigggg market) local channel who

1) doesn't jump the gun with misinformation, yet is fast, who

2) doesn't do almost all their articles by quoting other media sources within the entirety of their reporting, (this is such poor journalism MOO, especially when they aren't owned by the same media company) and

3) doesn't do click bait or information that just must be challenged by an email or such to *gently persuade with logic* for them to do a correction (after they have had the report out for hours that are wrong/misleading MOO/grrrrr.)

4) Actually does investigation/runs down stories

5) Writing is clear and understandable

I've culled and found ONLY one so far that meet that criteria. Others may have differing opinions.

I'm putting KVUE on the top of my list of channels to follow for this case as a go to, and their reporters. Perhaps they'll have a social media savvy person come out like we had with Sam Kraemer? (who now has gotten a new job in the last week and is moving back home, YEAH!)

Info on them for those that do alerts or follows - KVUE News (@KVUE) | Twitter is a twitter, KVUE is their facebook , and Jeff Bell and Rebecca Flores and Drew Knight have been their reporters.

Who knows which will be our next Sam Kraemer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member