Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shades of Savannah Spurlock.
Hope this ends better than Savannah's case. :(
Can't LE give a better description of the men ?
Black, white, Hispanic, older, younger, etc. ?
BREAKING: – Updated – Trussville woman missing after leaving Birmingham bar

Says two heavy set black males.

The friends she was with that night also said they saw these males across the room at the bar and did not recognize them:
Missing Trussville woman's family pleads for anyone with information to come forward

BREAKING: – Updated – Trussville woman missing after leaving Birmingham bar

Says two heavy set black males.

The friends she was with that night also said they saw these males across the room at the bar and did not recognize them:
Missing Trussville woman's family pleads for anyone with information to come forward
Maybe they're not even locals ?
This is sounding bad.

I keep hoping that somehow she's alive --even if she went with them for some marijuana (legal now in most states) or even if trafficked (hope not !) ---she'd be alive albeit traumatized.

Last edited:
What are the odds this is the first time she took off with a couple of strangers. I think her family & friends know what she was most likely up to & hopefully told LE. jmo

Sigh.

iPhone users listen up!
If you go into your contacts and hit info, there is an option to share your location.

Both just one time or another option to share it with the person indefinitely.

I go out a lot on dates and my closest friends always have my location being shared in real time.

Basically. If you don’t know where you are and you’re able (and have an iPhone), hit that “share your location” option !
If it’s going to another iPhone, the person will not only see it in the text message 0n the map with a few streets labeled, they can also click and google maps will open with directions.

This is so upsetting how on guard people, especially women, have to be in public.

Birmingham police Sgt. Johnny Williams said the investigation is ongoing. “We’re pretty much in the same place that we were when we first reported her missing,’’ he said. “We don’t have any other leads. We’ve exhausted the ones we’ve had to this point, but we’ll continue to investigate and try to develop new leads.”

I'm trying to imagine any police Sgt. drafting this statement for release. I wonder if this is a strategic move to make the suspects think that LE is not onto them......
agree...i cannot bring myself to believe that the Sgt. would make himself look that clueless, unless on purpose.

Sigh.

iPhone users listen up!
If you go into your contacts and hit info, there is an option to share your location.

I go out a lot on dates and my closest friends always have my location being shared in real time.

Basically. If you don’t know where you are and you’re able (and have an iPhone), hit that “share your location” option !
If it’s going to another iPhone, the person will not only see it in the text message 0n the map with a few streets labeled, they can also click and google maps will open with directions.

This is so upsetting how on guard people, especially women, have to be in public.

Dating rituals of the near future:

He: Would you like to go for diner, dancing and a movie?

She: Yes, I'd really like that, but first I need to see your drivers license so I can text a photo of it to my BFF.

P.S - It may not sound romantic, but it might be a smart move.

Sigh.

iPhone users listen up!

I share my location with several family members and vice versa indefinitely option.

Just an example: my college graduate, young professional friend is visiting extended family in another state. She met a guy on a dating app and has been video chatting him since last night. She just sent me this text, "Going to his apartment and lied to my parents about where I’m going so if you have to tell someone one where to find my dead body " with her location.

I'm a big fan of the book The Gift of Fear, also (someone mentioned it above), and the fact that this young woman mentioned her "dead body" tells me she has some misgivings or warning signs about this guy and she's refusing to heed them - she jokes about them instead.

I have seen it stated some where that the police won't let the parents see the surveillance video from the bar the night Paighton went missing and that they are acting a bit sketchy. This case is odd to me as there are people from towns 3 hours away that haven't heard about it until TODAY (12/27/19). To me (this is MY opinion) it seems if they have small children they plaster them all over the nation wide news, but if they are a young adult woman who went out with a friend, and was seen leaving with 2 men, on what seems like her own accord, then she isn't worth that much attention. This case has a few flags like Savannah Spurlock's and I pray that it's not like that at all and this is a misunderstanding. But, the fact that a 29 y/o that is family oriented didn't show up for Christmas, that kinda SCREAMS something is wrong. I know that there are a LOT of missing people. but we need to get this amped up a bit somehow. I'm in Illinois and I have been sharing the info how I can since I have family all over, but it's hard when we don't have a description of the individuals she ALLEGEDLY left with

https://www.trussvilletribune.com/2...e-woman-missing-after-leaving-birmingham-bar/

“Paighton Houston was last seen at approximately 10:45 p.m. at the Tin Roof located in the 2700 block of 7th Avenue South,” Sgt. Johnny Williams said. “She was last seen leaving the location with two heavy set black males. It was reported that Paighton appeared to have left the location willingly with the two males.”

Paighton Houston sent a text message to a friend just after midnight on Friday stating, “idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.” Her mother said her bank account had not been accessed since Friday.

is it wrong to me to be leery of friends after what we have seen they can do lately?? just wondering, because I have a feeling there is a bit more than the "friend" is telling

Why do I have a gut feeling there is a possible OD involved? She POSSIBLY didn't know who she was with. (Sorry not sure if I trust the friend as of yet) and she has that in her past. The individuals she was with could have had ill intentions such as trafficking and most know that they use drugs in order to get the women to comply. If Paighton's health had been that bad before, she had damage that her body was trying to repair and it's possible that if they gave her even a small dose, it could have killed her.
I am NOT saying that is what happened, I am just saying it is an idea. I don't know who she ALLEGEDLY went with. She could have been seen leaving with the 2 male individuals, but they could have taken her to a gas station, dropped her off because a "friend" was going to pick her up there etc. None of us know, that's the thing. The cops are keeping all CCTV close to the vest. Not even the parents have seen the video from the bar. If that poor girl was drugged, there is no telling what happened.
BUT EITHER WAY, what happened in the past doesn't change the fact that she is missing today and her family is heartbroken. I just have way to much detective in me from working with Law Enforcement for 8 years.

is it wrong to me to be leery of friends after what we have seen they can do lately?? just wondering, because I have a feeling there is a bit more than the "friend" is telling
bbm
Not at all.

Seems like some people might in in cya mode.
Very sad for her worried loved ones.

Btw-- Welcome to Websleuths, @KCmetwo !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members