Identified! The Doe Network, Part 4: Who is Princess Blue? - Julie Gwenn Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been avoiding this case because it seems like everything possible has been done here on WS to identify her! I decided to look through yearbooks anyway. I’ve never been impressed by the rendering of her, I assumed it was not a close enough likeness to her for me to ever be able to recognize a photo that could be her. I decided to look through all the group photos and everything outside of student’s regular headshots.

Based on the majority consensus that the class ring was a ladies, I focused on the girls at first. But I didn’t see anything that stood out. I decided to look at the boys and one did stand out to me! I have not been able to find anything that says this person is missing or otherwise and I don’t know exactly what I can post as far as photos and names. The guy I found was wearing a ring that looks identical to the one found with Princess Blue, he is eating an apple in the photo, initials are JT. I thought I’d see if he had any female relatives and I didn’t look further than graduates 2-3 years older than him, when I found a girl with the same initials, JT (or JAT depending on the spelling of the first name) who looks IDENTICAL to the sketch of Princess Blue!! Eerily identical!

I have had a hard time finding more information on the two, however, so they could both very well be alive in well. I thought maybe something had happened to him after they both graduated and maybe she wore his ring after that. If anyone is interested in taking a look, and there is additional information I’m allowed to post, I’ll be happy to do so!

•MMcG•

I forgot to add that the girl graduated from Reagan High School in Houston, not Robert E. Lee like that boy.

Well, I spoke too soon. It appears the girl is alive and well!

It's great that you're looking! And activity on her threads is good, even if it leads to a dead (or alive, har har) end!
Thank you! :p It’s like washing your car and the next day it rains! Never fails for me! :D I’ve not found him yet, so I guess the chance still remains it was his ring! But boy oh boy did the girl look exactly that the rendering!
The search continues!

•MMcG•

and Port Arthur , Midland, Tyler , San Antonio and I bet more some of them have already gone thru a name change ....

and Port Arthur , Midland, Tyler , San Antonio and I bet more some of them have already gone thru a name change ....
I thought the exact same thing! There are a ton of them... this ring does have “Houston” around the blue stone. I thought maybe there was more than one REL HS in Houston, but I haven’t found one ... otherwise it could have just about come from anywhere!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I'm sure Julie Elizabeth Soracco is somewhere ruled out in these threads already, but I was struck by how similar she looks to Princess Blue in one of her photos posted on another thread.
CA - CA - Placer Co., WhtFem UP17572, 18-27, found in the area of Colfax and Iowa Hill Road, Oct'80

Her sister recently posted on the thread here for Julie. It seems Julie may not have been officially reported missing until this year, so she probably has not been ruled out. I think it's worth suggesting.

@KellyJuliesSister I'm tagging you so you can see the post from @Reasonable & Just and also the mention of the thread of Colfax Jane Doe, in case that might help you too

Hey Everyone,

I'm newer to this site, definitely a hobby I enjoy taking part in. Forgive me if I've glazed past some info, but according to the Wiki for PB, she is apparently not hispanic, and is actually thought to be white with an African American grandparent. Has that been factored in? Also, is PB still thought to be the daughter of someone or has someone actually determined that? I'm wondering if its a person who had recently graduated then had passed?

Hi sockthefeet, it's so good to see that Princess Blue's case is still is being worked on,
we most definitely have considered that either one of her parents or a grandparent is most likely of African American descent,
Princess Blue may have been a daughter to one of the girls that attended REL (Robert E. Lee Highschool, Houston, Texas in 1975),
she could have been a niece to one of the girls that attended REL highschool in 1975.
She may have had an older sibling that was in the class of '75, she may have had a friend who was in the class of '75,
or last but not least the ring may have been picked up by Princess Blue at a flea market or pawn shop and she may not be connected to anyone that was in the class of 1975.
There are so many unknowns here, it is sad that LE didn't release the information about the ring in 1990 when Princess Blue's remains were located and put off telling the public about the ring until 2006, I believe??
It would have been fresher in people's minds if they had released the info in 1990 instead of 2006 when so much time had gone by, but, what can be done about that? Nothing.
So, we work with what we have and hope for a miracle to come around, maybe we could have a Christmas miracle this year, wouldn't that be great? Happy Holidays to all.

Hey Everyone,

I'm newer to this site, definitely a hobby I enjoy taking part in. Forgive me if I've glazed past some info, but according to the Wiki for PB, she is apparently not hispanic, and is actually thought to be white with an African American grandparent. Has that been factored in? Also, is PB still thought to be the daughter of someone or has someone actually determined that? I'm wondering if its a person who had recently graduated then had passed?

Last edited:
I sure hope she gets her name back soon as well! Poor thing....

Anyways....I wonder if it has ever been considered that Princess Blue may be of American Indian descent? I ask because I have a friend who was involved with a man of American Indian descent. He also had African American descent as well, which was not known until her daughter took a DNA test.

What is real interesting is that he traveled around the country to POW-WOW's making....Jewelry.

So it got me thinking that perhaps the turquoise horse ring was possibly Native American. So, I did some checking around--and found some similar "horse" jewelry. A jewelry maker by the name of "Johnny Blue" (interesting....) designed Hopi Indian jewelry that looks similar. I'm posting a few pictures of his horse rings, but obviously I haven't found this exact one.
a47567e654a12330aaa8b3a3e6f0fa48.jpg s-l500.jpg

Bumping off my last post--has the following been considered for Princess Blue?

Christine Lester, Female, American Indian -- May 5, 1987--Missing From--Indian Wells, Arizona

Amy Marie Johnson, Female, American Indian -- May 22, 1986--Missing From Livingston, Montana

Lisa A Farmer, Female, Multiple -- August 2, 1983--Missing From Lawton, Oklahoma

Lorelee Sue Lhotka, Female, Uncertain-- January 1, 1975 -- Missing From Seattle, Washington

Linda Ann Miller, Female, American Indian -- July 1, 1973 -- Missing From San Rafael, California
In 2001, Linda Miller was reported missing by her sister. She reported Linda Miller went to Guadalajara Mexico in July, 1973 with a male friend possibly named "Cary Kristal" and she never returned.
(Perhaps they made their way to Texas to get to Mexico??)
IMHO---the 2nd picture on NamUS looks very similar to the UID.

Last but not least---
Tina Marie Finley, Female, American Indian -- March 7, 1988 -- Missing From Coeur d'Alene Indian Reservation, Idaho
Again--IMHO---the 2nd and 3rd pictures on NamUS look very similar to the UID.

I can't get over the similar features to Princess Blue in all of the Native American women that are missing. The puffiness in the lips, the wider nose, and the more narrow eyelids (I don't know how to explain that any better)

Interesting!

Are there any reservations near the area where Princess Blue was found? I have a friend who who was an attorney on a reservation out West, and know some of the laws are a bit different. There can be awful things that happen, like a creep comes into a reservation, commits a crime, and gets away with it because he wasn't caught by the right officials, etc. (Hopefully I'm making sense. I'm actually part Native American, but on the East Coast, and pretty far removed culturally...)

Also Native American women go missing at shocking numbers. She might not be reported. So sad!

Ok. I'm answering my question.

Alabama-Coushatta Reservation: About 132 miles North

Tigua Reservation: in El Paso, About 760 miles West

Kickapoo Reservation: About 380 miles West.

Perhaps Louisiana? I just wondered if anything was right in the immediate vicinity of Brazoria.

Interesting!

Are there any reservations near the area where Princess Blue was found? I have a friend who who was an attorney on a reservation out West, and know some of the laws are a bit different. There can be awful things that happen, like a creep comes into a reservation, commits a crime, and gets away with it because he wasn't caught by the right officials, etc. (Hopefully I'm making sense. I'm actually part Native American, but on the East Coast, and pretty far removed culturally...)

Also Native American women go missing at shocking numbers. She might not be reported. So sad!

So agree with your post!! I haven't looked in the immediate area. Since Johnny Blue designs Hopi jewelry, I decided to start there.

I have been told that reservation police can handle crimes committed on reservation land by members of the tribe and their laws are different than say the county it is located in. I have also heard, but not confirmed that county police handle individuals who are not members of the tribe. Not sure how true either statement is....as I'm just repeating what I had been told.

There are three federally recognized Indian tribes in Texas today.
texas2.jpg
Here are the addresses of Texas' Indian reservations:

1 Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas:
Rt 3 Box 640
Livingston, TX 77351

2 Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas:
HC1 Box 9700
Eagle Pass, TX 78852

3 Ysleta del Sur Pueblo:
PO Box 17579, Ysleta Stn
El Paso, TX 79917

Livingston, TX is about 2 hours from Brazoria.

Texas Indian Tribes and Languages

That is similar to what I've heard. I'm Also not 100% certain though. I have found some pretty shocking statistics around violence against Native American women. There was even an article in the NY Times a few days ago that mentioned how missing Native American women are not properly documented : In Indian Country, a Crisis of Missing Women. And a New One When They’re Found.

I think you might be into something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member