TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they charge someone for murder in one county and the jurors are convinced the defendant killed the victim but have reasonable doubt that the murder occurred in the charged county, can they still find the the defendant guilty?

I believe the answer is yes, because if they take the case to another county and push it through it would basically be double jeopardy. To be tried for the same offense twice, which goes against constitutional rights. As long as they can prove that the individual in question DID do the murder is what matters, not what county. It's the action in question, not the location technically.
The case was handed back to Austin PD because they were the originating Department if I am thinking correctly. It's where Heidi went missing from, where the timeline and actions first started. So, any type of harmful actions could have started at that time and that's why it was handed back to the original responding department. (Apologies if that's a bit jumbled. It's 4:44 am for me and I think it's past my bedtime)

Heather Elvis case is a notable similarity. The state did not try to claim she was murdered at her condo, boat landing, or Longbeards, only that she was never seen again after meeting with the Moorers the night she disappeared. My heart aches for baby M and the lifetime of motherly love that was viciously stolen from her.
JMO, MOO, etc.

Here is an example from Virginia, the Hannah Graham abduction (which happened in Charlottesville) and recovery of her body (in Albemarle County) by Jesse Matthew.

It was a high profile missing case for Charlottesville, similar here to Austin.

In Hannah's case, the county where found ultimately prosecuted the abduction and murder. Charlottesville dismissed the abduction case in favor of Albemarle.

"Matthew was the last person seen with Graham, according to police. He was originally charged with her abduction in Charlottesville, but City Commonwealth's Attorney Dave Chapman filed a motion Tuesday afternoon to dismiss the charge." (so it could be charged in Albemarle instead)

Matthew charged with first-degree murder in Hannah Graham killing

ETA: he pled guilty to both abduction and murder charges and received life.

Last edited:
Won't mention names, but a certain podcaster is doing a live tonight with a "friend" (likely former friend) of MF. Same one that was live when HB was found.
ed:sp

Last edited:
Good Morning WS'ers. I woke up with a thought in my head this morning I need to share.

Look at the booking photo of MF. She's wearing two hoodies, the darker, zip-style she's wearing closer to her body has the hood drawstring still in it. The red, pullover style hoodie she's wearing has the grommets, but no drawstring.

Wondering if that red drawstring was the murder weapon, i.e. ligature.

Here's the photo:

hoody.jpg

Good Morning WS'ers. I woke up with a thought in my head this morning I need to share.

Look at the booking photo of MF. She's wearing two hoodies, the darker, zip-style she's wearing closer to her body has the hood drawstring still in it. The red, pullover style hoodie she's wearing has the grommets, but no drawstring.

Wondering if that red drawstring was the murder weapon, i.e. ligature.

Here's the photo:

View attachment 222574

o_O

I looked up the length of a replacement - 47" - https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Hoodie-String-hoodlacesTM-Drawstring/dp/B00R3KUPQ4

This article indicates not a peep for 30 days. Hard to know exactly what is sealed though from the varying descriptions.
Yes i’m just confused about wether the public is allowed to know someone is being held for a murder. The files were sealed 12/19 but there was a PC 12/20. So does that mean we can know someone is being held for certain charges and just not who or the details?

Yes i’m just confused about wether the public is allowed to know someone is being held for a murder. The files were sealed 12/19 but there was a PC 12/20. So does that mean we can know someone is being held for certain charges and just not who or the details?
In the Patrick Frazee case we were aware of the arrest for murder and solicitation, just not the details of the arrest affidavit which blew our minds when it was released!

In the Patrick Frazee case we were aware of the arrest for murder and solicitation, just not the details of the arrest affidavit which blew our minds when it was released!

Yes - I think @susiQ is right - this article has clearer language, including the date the current seal ends and option to renew: Magen Fieramusca set to make first court appearance on Jan. 2

Where did MF come from originally. Was she from Texas or Louisiana?
Checking addresses on internet people finder type sites, it appears that MF has always lived in the Houston metroplex area. The camp where they met many years ago is halfway between Houston and Austin. I believe it primarily serves a wide range of churches and religious organizations of the Gulf region. JMO

Won't mention names, but a certain podcaster is doing a live tonight with a "friend" (likely former friend) of MF. Same one that was live when HB was found.
ed:sp

I think it's supposed to be a family friend of MF's. Hopefully @Tricia will pop in before it goes live and can clarify if it will be like the other one where we could discuss what the "friend" says, but not what the host/s say.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to update with new articles the last few days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member