Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gawd. Sick to my stomach. Kevin is much loved. I’m just heartbroken about this. Watching his dad in the interview was stomach churning. I could tell his mind was whirling and twirling - couldn’t focus. Who could?

FLY HIGH KEVIN.

My heart is breaking for all of those who know and LOVE Kevin.

I'm heartbroken about this case, too. I didn't know this man or this family, but something about this case and Kevin, himself, was so compelling. I feared that this would be the outcome, but I sure was hoping for a miracle. The only things left to do are to grieve for Kevin and his family and friends; to hold Kevin's murderer accountable; and to learn from this case to help solve others and even to prevent other such tragedies from happening.

I wonder if they investigated any further after learning that this started as a consensual encounter. If he was "running away," it seems like it went from a consensual encounter to non-consensual one. (I seem to recall that one of Jeffrey Dahmer's victim's ran away and that law enforcement eventually returned him to Dahmer.)

I of course can't speak to their investigation but it appears he was not charged. I recall the headlines being mocked in neighborhood groups. Assuming this is the same man, less than a month later he murdered Kevin. It's very likely that man running naked from his home was running for his life and the police brushed it off as consensual. MOO.

I of course can't speak to their investigation but it appears he was not charged. I recall the headlines being mocked in neighborhood groups. Assuming this is the same man, less than a month later he murdered Kevin. It's very likely that man running naked from his home was running for his life and the police brushed it off as consensual. MOO.

I hate to second guess their investigation, but it seems like it was a serious incident that deserved serious attention. Of course, the victim in that case might not have pursued charges because he was embarrassed about what happened. That is what happened in a sexual serial killer case in Florida. The victims who escaped were either embarrassed or afraid to come forward. I sure hope it isn't the same perpetrator. I'm very sorry Kevin's life had this tragic end.

I'm heartbroken about this case, too. I didn't know this man or this family, but something about this case and Kevin, himself, was so compelling. I feared that this would be the outcome, but I sure was hoping for a miracle. The only things left to do are to grieve for Kevin and his family and friends; to hold Kevin's murderer accountable; and to learn from this case to help solve others and even to prevent other such tragedies from happening.

Very well stated. Hope you stick around for other cases here on websleuths.

Good to know someone is in custody for his awful crime.

My thoughts are with Kevin's family this morning, what a horrific tragedy and unnecessary loss :(

The article is behind a pay wall, so I can't read. Is there a name or address in that story?

Oh no!! Not the outcome I was hoping for, or expecting :(. RIP sweet Kevin!

According to the article upthread, the man arrested for Kevin's murder is 50 years old. I can't help but wonder if he has done this before but just never got caught!!

It does seem unlikely that this was the perpetrator's first offense. Often, the perpetrator commits progressively more serious offenses leading up to the ultimate offense. Such was the case with a sexual serial killer in Tampa, Florida, a decade or so ago. The prior victims of his violent behavior did not report his offenses out of fear or embarrassment, so law enforcement was never aware of his activity until he actually killed two young men. I'm so sorry for Kevin.

Oh am so sorry to see this, may Kevin's Family and friends find comfort and peace bringing him he to be laid to rest properly. Godspeed Kevin you had so much life in front of you and tremendous talent and artistry in your work. May justice prevail lots of tears to be shed . Evil lives among us MOO

My thoughts are with Kevin's family this morning, what a horrific tragedy and unnecessary loss :(

The article is behind a pay wall, so I can't read. Is there a name or address in that story?
No name or address but the city is the same (Morrice). More information on Facebook neighborhood site for shiawasee county. MOO

Ok, a social media search turns up the name of the man arrested in Kevin's death. Yikes, he had a kidnapping charge in 2013. Putting the court search link here, when the name is announced we can pull up that record.
http://roa.shiawassee.net/roawebinq/
It seems to be a custodial kidnapping charge, though. ( not minimizing the seriousness but quite different when parental kidnapping)

No name or address but the city is the same (Morrice). More information on Facebook neighborhood site for shiawasee county. MOO
Found it thanks. What angers me (as in many other cases), we find the perp was a dangerous individual who leaked warning signs for many years. That makes Kevin's death all the more tragic. This man was trolling for victims and sweet Kevin trusted the wrong person.

In the 2013 kidnapping case, he was found to be incompetent to stand trial, and was ordered to treatment. Long story short, the charges were dismissed without prejudice and the case was closed.

Is poster W_C here with us today, curious what your thoughts are at the outcome of this case?

Like all of you, I was praying for a different outcome... poor Kevin. He didn't deserve this at all. And now this will haunt his family on Christmas forever. Just terrible. MOO, I'm getting vibes this guy might be a serial killer - 50 years old? He had to have done something before this.

Found it thanks. What angers me (as in many other cases), we find the perp was a dangerous individual who leaked warning signs for many years. That makes Kevin's death all the more tragic. This man was trolling for victims and sweet Kevin trusted the wrong person.

In the 2013 kidnapping case, he was found to be incompetent to stand trial, and was ordered to treatment. Long story short, the charges were dismissed without prejudice and the case was closed.

Is poster W_C here with us today, curious what your thoughts are at the outcome of this case?

I haven't read the details of the case but it appears to be connected to a parental custody interference kidnapping. Is that inaccurate?

There may also be connection to a salon and I'm curious about a second suspect who may have assisted in transporting the car, etc. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong