GUILTY WV - Crystal Dawn Kiser, 37, Sissonville, 9 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

@StarEyes
Thank you for the updated articles and local info.
I agree this is so sad for a wide range of reasons.
May not hear anything further until trial, unless he pleads guilty.
I hope all families and loved one's of this tragic outcome will not have to go through a long trial. But I guess that will be up to James.
On the last article. They combined two cases. The pic shown is not James but another monster who beat his wife for 20 minutes to death in California.
But James and Crystal is mentioned.

@StarEyes
Thank you for the updated articles and local info.
I agree this is so sad for a wide range of reasons.
May not hear anything further until trial, unless he pleads guilty.
I hope all families and loved one's of this tragic outcome will not have to go through a long trial. But I guess that will be up to James.
On the last article. They combined two cases. The pic shown is not James but another monster who beat his wife for 20 minutes to death in California.
But James and Crystal is mentioned.

Yes, I reported on my post because I wasn’t sure it was approved msm. The mods said it wasn’t. I’m very glad it was deleted, since I must have been all confused with it. Lol

I pray he pleads guilty. I think he’s set himself up to possibly just a manslaughter charge, as far as her actual death. That doesn’t include his crime of hiding her body. If they give him a plea deal, he’ll likely take it. I’m glad he finally told LE that he did it and where to find her. He’s a complete tool for effectively making their children orphans. Their sweet precious Mom isn’t here anymore, and their Dad is the reason, and will likely do some prison time. The kids are also very real victims in this. It absolutely infuriates me. JMO

Thinking about Crystal and checking in to see if any new updates re: charges and court dates on James Kiser her husband who is charged in her murder.
Such a loving grandaughter to her grandmother.
Prayers continued for Crystals daughters and family.
Fall weather is here I bet Crystal loved this time of year.
EBM spell check

Crystal Dawn (Boggess) Kiser

80077_20190928.jpgx

CRYSTAL DAWN (BOGGESS) KISER, 37, of Ripley, passed away August 10, 2019.

[...]

She was a graduate of Sissonville High School and Mountaineer Beauty College and was a Cosmetologist. She worked part-time at the Jackson County Animal Shelter. She was an avid animal lover and attended the Grace Community Church.

In addition to her father, left to cherish her memory is her loving children, [names redacted], whom she cherished and adored.

[...]

A private family service will be held at a later date.

The family is in the process of setting up a trust account for her children, but in the meantime, if you would like to give a donation to the children please write the check to the child individually, c/o Debbie Good, 7574 Kentuck Road, Gandeeville, WV 25243.

Waybright Funeral Home, Ripley, W.Va., is serving the family.

Published in Charleston Gazette-Mail on Sept. 29, 2019

g10099.gif

Rest peacefully, Crystal.

From the article:

James-Kiser-650x350.jpg

James Kiser leaves the courtroom on Monday.

[...]

“The children’s interest is foremost to because they are potential witnesses. I think that continued incarceration pending trial is appropriate.”

[...]

“He lied to his own family, he has lied on an application on the purchase of a firearm,” Morris told the court. “He has a prior history of violence, not only with this victim but with another woman.”

[...]

The defendant was convicted in 1998 of domestic battery in Fayetteville, court records showed, and had lied about the conviction on an application to purchase a firearm.

[...]

“He gave two different versions of how the crime occurred,” he said. “He said he confronted the victim and used the words “lost it” with the victim. He initially said the victim fell inside the house during the struggle and hit her head. Later on, he changed his story that the victim fell outside, hit a rock with her head, causing death.”

[...]

Kanawha County Sheriff’s office said the body was discovered early on the morning of September 6. Morris said on Monday that the body was rotting and when found was mostly skeletal remains. Because of that, he said, an autopsy to find the cause of death may be difficult to complete but it doesn’t appear the victim had any injuries to her skull.

Kiser will remain in the South Central Regional Jail. Bloom said if the state doesn’t present the case to a grand jury by early 2020, he would take another look at a bond.

Last edited:
AUG 30, updated OCT 21, 2019
UPDATE | Bond denied for man charged with murdering his wife
[...]

“Given the seriousness to the nature of these charges and the proximity of the children," Bloom said in court Monday. “The children’s interest is foremost to because they are potential witnesses. I think that continued incarceration pending trial is appropriate.”

Kiser’s two children, both teenagers, currently live with his mother, Betty Kiser. She took the stand during the bond hearing and said that she would welcome Kiser to her home if he was released on bond.

Betty Kiser was one of over a dozen family members on hand, supporting bond for James Kiser. Dwayne Harrison, the second cousin of James Kiser and a former employer, said he had a job for Kiser if he was released.

[...]

On Sept. 5, Kiser admitted to killing his wife nearly a month after she was reported missing on August 11. According to him, he killed the victim during an argument at her grandmother’s home on Lessle Lane near Sissonville. He then took her body to a remote location near the community of Kentuck in Jackson County where he buried her.

[...]

OCT 22, 2019
Bond denied for West Virginia man accused of killing wife
[...]

Prosecutor Don Morris says Crystal Kiser wanted a divorce and was staying with her grandmother. He says surveillance video shows James Kiser repeatedly driving past the home on the day of the August slaying.

For years, Crystal Kiser filed domestic violence petitions against James Kiser. A 1998 domestic violence conviction barred him from owning a gun, but authorities say he later lied when buying one.

[...]

Noting:
  • Prosecutors say he admitted to killing CK and later led LE to her body.
  • They also say CK wanted a divorce and was staying with her grandmother in Aug.
  • Video shows JK repeatedly driving past the home on the day CK was killed.
  • Prosecutor Don Morris said he believes JK was stalking CK, who had filed domestic violence petitions against her husband for years.
  • James Kiser’s trial is set for April 20, 2020.

DEC 24, 2019
Eyewitness News' most clicked stories in 2019
[…]

Here are the stories that interested readers most in 2019. Most of them were in West Virginia.

[…]

Deputies said the body of Crystal Dawn Kiser, 37, was found in Jackson County after her husband, James Kiser, 40, admitted to killing her and taking her body to a remote location in Kentuck and buried her in a shallow grave.

In November, James Kiser pleaded not guilty in Kanawha Circuit Court to murder and concealment of a body. His trial is set for April 20, 2020.

[…]

I am concerned her children are staying w his mother who supports him and would have welcomed him home if he was released on bond, luckily that didn’t happen but she would still support her son

Does anyone know if visitors are allowed in WV where he is jailed?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back